Paradise Lost

Requiem

On 5/16/2020 at 1:50 AM, noblastbeats said:

New Paradise Lost album dropped today:

It's such a good album. The highlights are brilliant, including this amazing song. I'm still getting to know the deeper cuts, so I'll write a full analysis once I ingest it all properly. 

Glad to discover they made a full recovery after the very flaccid 'Medusa' album (in my opinion). 

56 minutes ago, Requiem said:

It's such a good album. The highlights are brilliant, including this amazing song. I'm still getting to know the deeper cuts, so I'll write a full analysis once I ingest it all properly. 

Glad to discover they made a full recovery after the very flaccid 'Medusa' album (in my opinion). 

I quite enjoyed Medusa but I agree this album is much better. My favourite track is The Devil Embraced so far. Can't stop listening though!

I gave this a spin the other night and was pleasantly surprised by how meaty it sounded.  I haven't really ever bothered with PL to be honest and so came to this album cold in terms of what had gone before.  The sound of the guitars is particularly pleasing to my ears, both from a rhythm and a lead perspective.  Not enamoured with the clean vocals if I am honest but this is only one listen still thus far so there's time for them to grow on me (or time for me to hate them with more passion).

19 hours ago, MacabreEternal said:

I gave this a spin the other night and was pleasantly surprised by how meaty it sounded.  I haven't really ever bothered with PL to be honest and so came to this album cold in terms of what had gone before.  The sound of the guitars is particularly pleasing to my ears, both from a rhythm and a lead perspective.  Not enamoured with the clean vocals if I am honest but this is only one listen still thus far so there's time for them to grow on me (or time for me to hate them with more passion).

Have you tried any Vallenfyre? Its PL guitarist's Greg's other band. No clean singing ;)

On 5/20/2020 at 2:32 AM, MacabreEternal said:

I gave this a spin the other night and was pleasantly surprised by how meaty it sounded.  I haven't really ever bothered with PL to be honest and so came to this album cold in terms of what had gone before.  

I'm deeply disturbed to hear this from an Englishman. 

1 hour ago, Vampyrique said:

I'm afraid Paradise Lost is what they call England these days.

Oh hohoho, what do we have here... Young Vampyrique has raised his (severed) head to grace us with his (ghostly) presence. 

Pistols at dawn, sir! I feel it's my honour to defend Mother England. Obviously I'll be loading my flintlock with silver shot, and I guess it won't be at dawn. Pistols at midnight, sir! 

Albion lives! 

20 hours ago, Requiem said:

Oh hohoho, what do we have here... Young Vampyrique has raised his (severed) head to grace us with his (ghostly) presence. 

Pistols at dawn, sir! I feel it's my honour to defend Mother England. Obviously I'll be loading my flintlock with silver shot, and I guess it won't be at dawn. Pistols at midnight, sir! 

Albion lives! 

Paradise regained, I think not. But let's not make the mistake of raising the stakes.

Rest assured, grave concern should be undertaken when challenging the likes of me. After all, what good is a silent requiem...

2 hours ago, Vampyrique said:

Paradise regained, I think not. But let's not make the mistake of raising the stakes.

Rest assured, grave concern should be undertaken when challenging the likes of me. After all, what good is a silent requiem...

If I had a gun to my head I'd take a stab in the dark and suggest that no noose is good noose for those who fail to note the most-art of Requiem.  I didn't want to leave you hanging, so shot through my poisonous reply like a speeding bullet. Quite frankly, with an axe to grind and plenty of time to kill, I knocked them dead with my lyrical post that all agree is to die for and the silver bullet you need .   

8 hours ago, Requiem said:

If I had a gun to my head I'd take a stab in the dark and suggest that no noose is good noose for those who fail to note the most-art of Requiem.  I didn't want to leave you hanging, so shot through my poisonous reply like a speeding bullet. Quite frankly, with an axe to grind and plenty of time to kill, I knocked them dead with my lyrical post that all agree is to die for and the silver bullet you need .   

That's all fake noose, but that's old news to me. Indeed, you're on fire with those arms of yours, but I'm afraid you're the one about to be roasted!

Now, any nous is good nous, and you'd be better off producing some so you can keep your wits about you. Otherwise, you'll be dusted off like tiny pieces heaped into a work of motes-art and swept up by a brume of bad punnery, no (dead)pan required. Best you stay bach, or my wolves, with their fur-elise, will keep you at bay-thoven, sonata thing you can do about it!

Okay, that last one was dreadful, near suicidal. Best we talk like Victorian gentlemen over tea and crumpets and discuss Anglo imperialism or some such matter?

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/3/2021 at 7:12 AM, Strawberry said:

Believe in nothing is a great album and contains the bands best song Mouth which is a gothic metal masterpiece. If the band did not play Mouth live then riots would start at their gigs lol.

strawberry i have a recommendation. its reckoned to be very much inspired by all the early gothic metal such as paradise lost, my dying bride and later stuff bit too,  i read some of other gothic bands you like, i reckon youd like it. its really very very  catchy but good.  the band is called officium triste there from Holland and album is called death of gaia. let me know what you think of title track. obviously if you hate it id be interested to know why. keep it metal ☠️👻

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

OVER THE MADNESS (2007) - A DIRAN NOUBAR FILM

Documentary about the history of Paradise Lost, creators of the gothic metal music genre, told through interviews with the band members past and present as well as some other musicians like Martin Ain, Lee Dorian, Barney from Napalm, Aaron from MDB, Mille from Kreator, several members of Lacuna Coil...being a huge PL fan I really enjoyed it. I will always consider Shades of God and Icon (and to a lesser extent Gothic) among my favorite metal albums of all time.

23 minutes ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

OVER THE MADNESS (2007) - A DIRAN NOUBAR FILM

Documentary about the history of Paradise Lost, creators of the gothic metal music genre, told through interviews with the band members past and present as well as some other musicians like Martin Ain, Lee Dorian, Barney from Napalm, Aaron from MDB, Mille from Kreator, several members of Lacuna Coil...being a huge PL fan I really enjoyed it. I will always consider Shades of God and Icon (and to a lesser extent Gothic) among my favorite metal albums of all time.

....I think I could easily put "Shades Of God" in my top 40 or 50, with no hesitation.....probably even higher than that....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Really looking forward to "Icon 30", Nick was only finding his voice on "Icon" and was off-key a lot. Always wanted to hear that album with better vocals. It's a great album either way, but this will probably be a nice release.

They really took off at the time... I remember seeing them in small clubs, and all of a sudden they were on tour with Sepultura in front of thousands of people. I feel for their ex-drummer that was kicked out... That must've smarted to see.