Jump to content
ProfessorBoozenthrash

What are you drinking?

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Requiem said:

We're all working from home here in Hellbourne, so I'm taking advantage and drinking cheap white wine with a couple of drops of blood red occasionally. Then I'll slowly log on around 8:40am half naked, bleary eyed and evil.  

I've been drinking a lot of boxed white wine lately, because you can't beat the price. Dangerous stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had 2 crates of beer delivered as a gift from the missus the other week but because I had not been drinking anyway and also been a bit unwell I hadn't opened any.  Tonight managed a Cranachan Killer (raspberry pale ale) and a Cireula Claudia (fruity Spainsh Saison beer brewed wh ripe greenage plums). Not a massive fan of fruity beers but they were okay and not sour or tart.  Preferred the former out of the two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A bourbon-barrel-aged local cider called "Grand Banks" from Stormalong. These guys know what they're doing. I wish this one was a little more apple-y but it's still really good. Bone dry, and at 8.3% it's got a little more of a wallop than your average farmstand pressing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Natassja said:

with everything going down, i'm kinda forgetting what fun is..:/ 

Fun is a box of cheap red wine!

No but really... I hear ya, this whole situation sucks. "Fun" still happens, but now it's a movie with the family at home or an afternoon working on music or walking through the woods with a good album on headphones, whenever that can happen. I miss a lot - friends, family, shows... Sometimes, not dwelling on it works; sometimes it doesn't. Anyway I'm happy to see you back around here. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, FatherAlabaster said:

Fun is a box of cheap red wine!

No but really... I hear ya, this whole situation sucks. "Fun" still happens, but now it's a movie with the family at home or an afternoon working on music or walking through the woods with a good album on headphones, whenever that can happen. I miss a lot - friends, family, shows... Sometimes, not dwelling on it works; sometimes it doesn't. Anyway I'm happy to see you back around here. :)

Yeh, I know some people have had it a lot worse, shouldn't complain. fucked with my anxiety and ocd though something terrible. My family are ok though so i'm grateful for that, apart from my Dad was supposed to be going for another op but it's been cancelled.. It's nice to be back, miss the place when I'm not here...sometimes I just get so down and stuff, i've been talking monthly with a mental health guy who has helped a lot. Been doing a bit of painting..got laid off from my job which sucked ..been buying lots of music..walking a bit..i'm waiting for a clinic appt. for myself for something which hopefully will turn out to be nothing but apart from that. How are you guys? Hope your little guy is doing good. I feel sorry for the kids must be so strange for them. Have you got much work on? Hope things are ok for you. missed you. wish you guys all the best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Natassja said:

Yeh, I know some people have had it a lot worse, shouldn't complain. fucked with my anxiety and ocd though something terrible. My family are ok though so i'm grateful for that, apart from my Dad was supposed to be going for another op but it's been cancelled.. It's nice to be back, miss the place when I'm not here...sometimes I just get so down and stuff, i've been talking monthly with a mental health guy who has helped a lot. Been doing a bit of painting..got laid off from my job which sucked ..been buying lots of music..walking a bit..i'm waiting for a clinic appt. for myself for something which hopefully will turn out to be nothing but apart from that. How are you guys? Hope your little guy is doing good. I feel sorry for the kids must be so strange for them. Have you got much work on? Hope things are ok for you. missed you. wish you guys all the best.

Ah man I hope you're alright, and your dad too. Glad you're talking with someone. There's a lot to be anxious about. We're doing ok so far, thank you :) Had a Covid scare earlier this month at my wife's work but thankfully she's in the clear. The little guy is being a real trooper and he's conscientious about his online learning program. I can tell he needs to be around other kids though, I think they all must need that, so it really sucks that he's cut off from them. I try to play along with him but hell, I can't keep up.

Only one more illustration on the schedule for me right now, and then a small exhibit planned at a local shop early next year. I'm looking forward to having some time to work on my own stuff though, and I've got music to work on. It's a fight to find time for it all right now but working on that stuff keeps me from feeling like the bottom is dropping out. We take a lot of walks too. I'm trying to get to the woods as much as I can while the weather holds. It's been a silver lining this year.

I was just drinking a glass of water, to keep it OT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, FatherAlabaster said:

Ah man I hope you're alright, and your dad too. Glad you're talking with someone. There's a lot to be anxious about. We're doing ok so far, thank you :) Had a Covid scare earlier this month at my wife's work but thankfully she's in the clear. The little guy is being a real trooper and he's conscientious about his online learning program. I can tell he needs to be around other kids though, I think they all must need that, so it really sucks that he's cut off from them. I try to play along with him but hell, I can't keep up.

Only one more illustration on the schedule for me right now, and then a small exhibit planned at a local shop early next year. I'm looking forward to having some time to work on my own stuff though, and I've got music to work on. It's a fight to find time for it all right now but working on that stuff keeps me from feeling like the bottom is dropping out. We take a lot of walks too. I'm trying to get to the woods as much as I can while the weather holds. It's been a silver lining this year.

I was just drinking a glass of water, to keep it OT.

I'm glad you guys are ok. Good to keep busy too. Yep, I love walking in the woods really clears the mind of negativity. Waters good but I'm gonna bend it and have a glass of red later I think, I don't have a box but got a good bottle of Chianti.. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Natassja said:

Yeh, I know some people have had it a lot worse, shouldn't complain. fucked with my anxiety and ocd though something terrible. My family are ok though so i'm grateful for that, apart from my Dad was supposed to be going for another op but it's been cancelled.. It's nice to be back, miss the place when I'm not here...sometimes I just get so down and stuff, i've been talking monthly with a mental health guy who has helped a lot. Been doing a bit of painting..got laid off from my job which sucked ..been buying lots of music..walking a bit..i'm waiting for a clinic appt. for myself for something which hopefully will turn out to be nothing but apart from that. How are you guys? Hope your little guy is doing good. I feel sorry for the kids must be so strange for them. Have you got much work on? Hope things are ok for you. missed you. wish you guys all the best.

I should have read the thread before posting but by way of an observation, each time you come back from whatever challenges take you away, you always appear to be stronger when you comeback.  Glad you find solace in the forum and our company.  Stick with the painting and the walking (and the Chianti) and stay safe mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, MacabreEternal said:

I should have read the thread before posting but by way of an observation, each time you come back from whatever challenges take you away, you always appear to be stronger when you comeback.  Glad you find solace in the forum and our company.  Stick with the painting and the walking (and the Chianti) and stay safe mate.

Thankyou, I really appreciate that. You stay safe and all the best to you and your loved ones mate, also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, MacabreEternal said:

I should have read the thread before posting but by way of an observation, each time you come back from whatever challenges take you away, you always appear to be stronger when you comeback.  Glad you find solace in the forum and our company.  Stick with the painting and the walking (and the Chianti) and stay safe mate.

+100

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Join Metal Forum

    joinus-home.jpg

  • Our picks

    • Whichever tier of thrash metal you consigned Sacred Reich back in the 80's/90's they still had their moments.  "Ignorance" & "Surf Nicaragura" did a great job of establishing the band, whereas "The American Way" just got a little to comfortable and accessible (the title track grates nowadays) for my ears.  A couple more records better left forgotten about and then nothing for twenty three years.  2019 alone has now seen three releases from Phil Rind and co.  A live EP, a split EP with Iron Reagan and now a full length.

      Notable addition to the ranks for the current throng of releases is former Machine Head sticksman, Dave McClean.  Love or hate Machine Head, McClean is a more than capable drummer and his presence here is felt from the off with the opening and title track kicking things off with some real gusto.  'Divide & Conquer' and 'Salvation' muddle along nicely, never quite reaching any quality that would make my balls tingle but comfortable enough.  The looming build to 'Manifest Reality' delivers a real punch when the song starts proper.  Frenzied riffs and drums with shots of lead work to hold the interest.


      There's a problem already though (I know, I am such a fucking mood hoover).  I don't like Phil's vocals.  I never had if I am being honest.  The aggression to them seems a little forced even when they are at their best on tracks like 'Manifest Reality'.  When he tries to sing it just feels weak though ('Salvation') and tracks lose real punch.  Give him a riffy number such as 'Killing Machine' and he is fine with the Reich engine (probably a poor choice of phrase) up in sixth gear.  For every thrashy riff there's a fair share of rock edged, local bar act rhythm aplenty too.

      Let's not poo-poo proceedings though, because overall I actually enjoy "Awakening".  It is stacked full of catchy riffs that are sticky on the old ears.  Whilst not as raw as perhaps the - brilliant - artwork suggests with its black and white, tattoo flash sheet style design it is enjoyable enough.  Yes, 'Death Valley' & 'Something to Believe' have no place here, saved only by Arnett and Radziwill's lead work but 'Revolution' is a fucking 80's thrash heyday throwback to the extent that if you turn the TV on during it you might catch a new episode of Cheers!

      3/5
      • Reputation Points

      • 3 replies
    • I
      • Reputation Points

      • 1 reply
    • https://www.metalforum.com/blogs/entry/52-vltimas-something-wicked-marches-in/
      • Reputation Points

      • 3 replies
    • https://www.metalforum.com/blogs/entry/50-queensryche-the-verdict/
      • Reputation Points

      • 0 replies

    • https://www.metalforum.com/blogs/entry/48-candlemass-the-door-to-doom/
      • Reputation Points

      • 1 reply
×