What are you drinking?

ProfessorBoozenthrash

2 minutes ago, BlutAusNerd said:

Rochefort 10 is probably my favorite beer along with Schneider Aventinus, too fucking good. Wish I had some in the fridge, I would take your lead and start drinking before breakfast!

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

yeah, it is like 15:30 here, never had Rochefort until today - neat find.  Train station beer shops are proving the best idea ever.

Now onto a Westmalle Dubbel.

MacabreEternal , no one in the U.S. ever says 15:30 except the military, so we call it military time. It's confusing to see someone say 15:30, and I had to stop and think and figure out that that means 3:30pm here (yeah, I'm pretty bad at math). Do you guys have really big clocks with 24 numbers on them? If not, why use military time? Seems so weird to me, but it's just a cultural difference.

Anyway, I am currently drinking milk as I have felt like puking for the last couple of days and it's about all I can keep down. Hope this doesn't keep up, don't want to go to a doctor as I've been spending way too much time in hospitals lately due to my kidney stone. 

MacabreEternal , no one in the U.S. ever says 15:30 except the military, so we call it military time. It's confusing to see someone say 15:30, and I had to stop and think and figure out that that means 3:30pm here (yeah, I'm pretty bad at math). Do you guys have really big clocks with 24 numbers on them? If not, why use military time? Seems so weird to me, but it's just a cultural difference.
Anyway, I am currently drinking milk as I have felt like puking for the last couple of days and it's about all I can keep down. Hope this doesn't keep up, don't want to go to a doctor as I've been spending way too much time in hospitals lately due to my kidney stone. 
It's not just the military that uses it, it's the standard in the shipping world, and I'm sure that's true of a number of other industries. It's as simple as subtracting 12, I'm not sure why it comes with confusion. I certainly prefer to use it.

5 minutes ago, BlutAusNerd said:

Most Sierra Nevada stuff doesn't do it for me. It's alright, but nothing has ever stood out, apart from maybe a limited release that I still can't really remember.

They're probably my favorite brewery. If I had to pick one beer to drink for the rest of my life, it would be their Pale Ale. I love trying new beers and occasionally finding something really special, but most of the time, I'm not looking for a "standout". Having said that, one of their yearly Estate Harvest beers from eight or nine years ago is still among my favorites.

They're probably my favorite brewery. If I had to pick one beer to drink for the rest of my life, it would be their Pale Ale. I love trying new beers and occasionally finding something really special, but most of the time, I'm not looking for a "standout". Having said that, one of their yearly Estate Harvest beers from eight or nine years ago is still among my favorites.
Reading this makes me think you've mentioned this before, but it's still surprising to me. Maybe I need to try more of their beers, none of them were ever bad, but I can't remember a single flavor profile between them.

So, because of my GF I've been able to stop using almost all drugs. She didn't tell me to stop; her love made me able to stop. Exceptions are my meds, caffeine, occasional little bit of nicotine from my hookah, and a drink here and there. I don't want to get drunk ever again, don't even want a buzz. Anyway, when I drink now it really genuinely is because I like the taste. 

A kind of beer/ale I like is called a lambic, and comes from Belgium. It is "spontaneously fermented" meaning they do not add anything to make it ferment, they just put it in certain attics with certain bacteria and let it, well, spoil. The result is a sour beverage that comes in many different fruit flavors. There are "plain" lambics, but I prefer the fruit ones, especially raspberry. Has anyone else tried labics? Do you like them?

So, because of my GF I've been able to stop using almost all drugs. She didn't tell me to stop; her love made me able to stop. Exceptions are my meds, caffeine, occasional little bit of nicotine from my hookah, and a drink here and there. I don't want to get drunk ever again, don't even want a buzz. Anyway, when I drink now it really genuinely is because I like the taste. 
A kind of beer/ale I like is called a lambic, and comes from Belgium. It is "spontaneously fermented" meaning they do not add anything to make it ferment, they just put it in certain attics with certain bacteria and let it, well, spoil. The result is a sour beverage that comes in many different fruit flavors. There are "plain" lambics, but I prefer the fruit ones, especially raspberry. Has anyone else tried labics? Do you like them?
Lambics are really tasty like most Belgian beers. I prefer the fruit flavored ones to the gueze lambics, those just taste like sweat to me.

1 minute ago, BlutAusNerd said:

The raspberry and black currant ones more than make up for the lack of blueberry IMO, but I'm not much for peaches, so I don't usually get that one.

Agreed, peaches are gross. The little hairs on them make my skin crawl.  If I was a normal human I might be content with the others, but I have a blueberry fixation.

7 minutes ago, BlutAusNerd said:

Berries are my favorite fruit, so I don't blame you, but I don't discriminate against other varieties.

I don't discriminate against any other berry, I love the fruit lambics other than peach. I just wish they would make one that is blueberry because that is my favorite.

On 12/12/2017 at 2:03 AM, Parker said:

@Parker just to respond to this, I work in an industry heavily integrated with both the health care and military industries (some Maritime too as it happens).  We have to be very clear with use of the 24 hour clock to ensure staffing activities are scheduled correctly and paid appropriately.  Not really cultural more occupational.

2 hours ago, MacabreEternal said:

@Parker just to respond to this, I work in an industry heavily integrated with both the health care and military industries (some Maritime too as it happens).  We have to be very clear with use of the 24 hour clock to ensure staffing activities are scheduled correctly and paid appropriately.  Not really cultural more occupational.

O.k., whatever you say man, it's no big deal to me, just an off hand remark. I can't for the life of me figure out why this bothers you so much. Fine, whatever you have to say about the topic is right, and whatever I say about this topic is wrong. There. Are you happy now? Now leave me alone about it.

And please don't bring this up again, I don't want to have to stop posting here because of a stupid argument about clocks/time. Something extremely stressful has occurred to me in the last 24 hrs and I don't appreciate you wasting my time over what is obviously a trivial matter. Dude, I said something about telling time that you didn't like and you're going to waste time and several posts about it when I have pressing urgent matters. Dude, grow up.

And please don't bring this up again, I don't want to have to stop posting here because of a stupid argument about clocks/time. Something extremely stressful has occurred to me in the last 24 hrs and I don't appreciate you wasting my time over what is obviously a trivial matter. Dude, I said something about telling time that you didn't like and you're going to waste time and several posts about it when I have pressing urgent matters. Dude, grow up.
Complains about someone wasting his time with a post about time by making a time wasting post about time as a response...

Yeah, I'm lost too.