What are you drinking?

ProfessorBoozenthrash

2 hours ago, Requiem said:

We're all working from home here in Hellbourne, so I'm taking advantage and drinking cheap white wine with a couple of drops of blood red occasionally. Then I'll slowly log on around 8:40am half naked, bleary eyed and evil.  

I've been drinking a lot of boxed white wine lately, because you can't beat the price. Dangerous stuff.

• 2 months later...

Had 2 crates of beer delivered as a gift from the missus the other week but because I had not been drinking anyway and also been a bit unwell I hadn't opened any.  Tonight managed a Cranachan Killer (raspberry pale ale) and a Cireula Claudia (fruity Spainsh Saison beer brewed wh ripe greenage plums). Not a massive fan of fruity beers but they were okay and not sour or tart.  Preferred the former out of the two.

9 minutes ago, Natassja said:

with everything going down, i'm kinda forgetting what fun is..:/ 

Fun is a box of cheap red wine!

No but really... I hear ya, this whole situation sucks. "Fun" still happens, but now it's a movie with the family at home or an afternoon working on music or walking through the woods with a good album on headphones, whenever that can happen. I miss a lot - friends, family, shows... Sometimes, not dwelling on it works; sometimes it doesn't. Anyway I'm happy to see you back around here. :)

5 minutes ago, FatherAlabaster said:

Fun is a box of cheap red wine!

No but really... I hear ya, this whole situation sucks. "Fun" still happens, but now it's a movie with the family at home or an afternoon working on music or walking through the woods with a good album on headphones, whenever that can happen. I miss a lot - friends, family, shows... Sometimes, not dwelling on it works; sometimes it doesn't. Anyway I'm happy to see you back around here. :)

Yeh, I know some people have had it a lot worse, shouldn't complain. fucked with my anxiety and ocd though something terrible. My family are ok though so i'm grateful for that, apart from my Dad was supposed to be going for another op but it's been cancelled.. It's nice to be back, miss the place when I'm not here...sometimes I just get so down and stuff, i've been talking monthly with a mental health guy who has helped a lot. Been doing a bit of painting..got laid off from my job which sucked ..been buying lots of music..walking a bit..i'm waiting for a clinic appt. for myself for something which hopefully will turn out to be nothing but apart from that. How are you guys? Hope your little guy is doing good. I feel sorry for the kids must be so strange for them. Have you got much work on? Hope things are ok for you. missed you. wish you guys all the best.

54 minutes ago, Natassja said:

Yeh, I know some people have had it a lot worse, shouldn't complain. fucked with my anxiety and ocd though something terrible. My family are ok though so i'm grateful for that, apart from my Dad was supposed to be going for another op but it's been cancelled.. It's nice to be back, miss the place when I'm not here...sometimes I just get so down and stuff, i've been talking monthly with a mental health guy who has helped a lot. Been doing a bit of painting..got laid off from my job which sucked ..been buying lots of music..walking a bit..i'm waiting for a clinic appt. for myself for something which hopefully will turn out to be nothing but apart from that. How are you guys? Hope your little guy is doing good. I feel sorry for the kids must be so strange for them. Have you got much work on? Hope things are ok for you. missed you. wish you guys all the best.

Ah man I hope you're alright, and your dad too. Glad you're talking with someone. There's a lot to be anxious about. We're doing ok so far, thank you :) Had a Covid scare earlier this month at my wife's work but thankfully she's in the clear. The little guy is being a real trooper and he's conscientious about his online learning program. I can tell he needs to be around other kids though, I think they all must need that, so it really sucks that he's cut off from them. I try to play along with him but hell, I can't keep up.

Only one more illustration on the schedule for me right now, and then a small exhibit planned at a local shop early next year. I'm looking forward to having some time to work on my own stuff though, and I've got music to work on. It's a fight to find time for it all right now but working on that stuff keeps me from feeling like the bottom is dropping out. We take a lot of walks too. I'm trying to get to the woods as much as I can while the weather holds. It's been a silver lining this year.

I was just drinking a glass of water, to keep it OT.

12 hours ago, FatherAlabaster said:

Ah man I hope you're alright, and your dad too. Glad you're talking with someone. There's a lot to be anxious about. We're doing ok so far, thank you :) Had a Covid scare earlier this month at my wife's work but thankfully she's in the clear. The little guy is being a real trooper and he's conscientious about his online learning program. I can tell he needs to be around other kids though, I think they all must need that, so it really sucks that he's cut off from them. I try to play along with him but hell, I can't keep up.

Only one more illustration on the schedule for me right now, and then a small exhibit planned at a local shop early next year. I'm looking forward to having some time to work on my own stuff though, and I've got music to work on. It's a fight to find time for it all right now but working on that stuff keeps me from feeling like the bottom is dropping out. We take a lot of walks too. I'm trying to get to the woods as much as I can while the weather holds. It's been a silver lining this year.

I was just drinking a glass of water, to keep it OT.

I'm glad you guys are ok. Good to keep busy too. Yep, I love walking in the woods really clears the mind of negativity. Waters good but I'm gonna bend it and have a glass of red later I think, I don't have a box but got a good bottle of Chianti.. :)

20 hours ago, Natassja said:

I should have read the thread before posting but by way of an observation, each time you come back from whatever challenges take you away, you always appear to be stronger when you comeback.  Glad you find solace in the forum and our company.  Stick with the painting and the walking (and the Chianti) and stay safe mate.

11 minutes ago, MacabreEternal said:

I should have read the thread before posting but by way of an observation, each time you come back from whatever challenges take you away, you always appear to be stronger when you comeback.  Glad you find solace in the forum and our company.  Stick with the painting and the walking (and the Chianti) and stay safe mate.

Thankyou, I really appreciate that. You stay safe and all the best to you and your loved ones mate, also.

35 minutes ago, MacabreEternal said:

+100

To celebrate our non-wedding day yesterday I was subjected to Bucks Fizz which is bottled proof of their being no God!  2% Fanta basically.  Like drinking some sour tart from a glass that has the dimensions of a test tube.

To remedy this grand injustice to the freedom of civilisation I had a Fruh Kolsch. Peroni Gran Reserva, Pilsner Urquel and a glass of Highland Park Odin whisky.  Take that alco-pops!