MarksASP

Do you think Djent is an actual genre?

Many people think that Djent is not a genre as such, but just a way a song can sound like, so a song can only sound "djenty", not be Djent.

Do you agree? Why? If you do, what do you think bands like Meshuggah or Wide Eyes are?

i think it was like a type of guitar "sound" and now its just developed into a genre, meshuggah were doing that guitar sound, but they are not what people call "a djent band"

problem with bands you associate with "djent" periphery, monuments etc, all sound to similar i think 

On 7.4.2017. at 5:11 PM, JudgeDread said:

i think it was like a type of guitar "sound" and now its just developed into a genre, meshuggah were doing that guitar sound, but they are not what people call "a djent band"

problem with bands you associate with "djent" periphery, monuments etc, all sound to similar i think 

I mostly agree with this, I'd only add that this term could be a style of playing and aestethic, playing polyrhytmic patterns on mostly just one or few notes on guitar that has seven or more strings in that very low tuned way.