Identify this song

thahgr

So, you know how it is - from the depths of your memory surfaces a vague recollection of something you once saw on YouTube, and when you realise that you cannot remember the artist or the track title, you find that it drives you round the bend rather. Can anybody help me identify either of these songs based on what little I can remember of their videos?

The first was definitely a doom track. The video opens with a man (late-middle age?) receiving a letter in the post. Then, for roughly the first half of the song, he depicted going somewhat crazy with resentful anger. For the second half of the song, we see him just getting drunk in a bar.  At the end of the video we see what news the letter imparted: he has terminal cancer, and only weeks to live. (Stomach, or oesophagus, I seem to recall?) I'm sure there was more to this video than this, but I've forgotten most of the details. In particular, I seem to recall he did something crazy (murder, to settle some old score?) knowing that he wouldn't live to be punished.

The second was not doom; I can't really remember anything about the song, including to which sub-genre of metal it belonged. The notable thing about this video was that it was a LONG time before the song actually started. In the first few minutes, without music, we see him at his desk in his dingy office at the end of the working day, then travelling down in a lift to exit the building, crossing a desolate car park in which his decrepit hatchback (I vaguely recall it being a 2nd generation Honda Civic, but could be wrong), buying dinner at a fast food drive-through, going home, then heading out for the night. All this happens before the music starts. Once out, he seems to be in a karaoke bar; the non-metal clientelle do not seem to care for his creative outlet.

Anyone have any ideas? It's something of a long shot, I realise. What with the sketchiness of the detail I'm able to provide. Anywho, any help gratefully appreciated!

• 2 months later...
On 8/3/2017 at 10:31 AM, Freshman_Adeem said:

I've been searching the internet for hours - nothing. I was wondering how rare this record is, if it even exists at all, i noticed that there is an amazon page for it but there is no picture used for it and it reads 'out of stock, not sure when more will be back' or something along those lines. Regarding the rarity of the record im having a very tough time finding anything regarding it, so if anyone could shed some light that would be very much appreciated <3 See you in the pit \m/!

What record are you referring to?

2 hours ago, Balor said:

What record are you referring to?

This post was from August, the chances of this member being around now is slim to zero.  Most people who post in here are one time posters with little intent on discussion.  I treat this thread with almost as little attention as I give to the Promo section.

6 minutes ago, MacabreEternal said:

This post was from August, the chances of this member being around now is slim to zero.  Most people who post in here are one time posters with little intent on discussion.  I treat this thread with almost as little attention as I give to the Promo section.

Yeah, it's the "let me Google that for you" thread.

2 hours ago, MacabreEternal said:

The original poster just posted another question today.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys!

I posted a similar question on Yahoo a couple years back about what song was playing in a particular episode of The Office.  The answer I got was "The band is Sepultura" yet when I went through all their pre-2010 albums none of the songs seemed to be it, unless I skipped past the familiar part unknowingly.  Maybe someone here can recognize it? I would very much appreciate any help. :) Here's the scene the song plays in: 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

I used to go to Jilly's Rockworld Manchester (UK) in the late 90's, they used to play a song that went 'ya gotta strike, while the iron is hot, ya gotta strike while the iron is hot.' I have googled the flip out of it and can't find it. Just wondering if anyone knows it and can help me identify it.

Thanks in advance.

On 05/10/2017 at 7:27 PM, Lorelei_the_siren said:

Ok this will be very vague because I heard it years ago, and have forgotten any lyrics otherwise I'd search it myself.

But, it's a metal song about wanting to murder someone, and it's basically a list of all these ways of murdering someone  painfully, which are quite dark and creative. 

I know there will be probably a few that match the description, but I can't really remember much more. So just throw song names at me that sound anything like that! 

It's definately NOT Creature Feature as that was funny in the humourous sense and too 'fun', this was funny because, it's dark and kind of twisted.

Shelllac - Prayer To God?

To the one true God above:
here is my prayer -
not the first you've heard, but the first I wrote.
(not the first, but the others were a long time ago).
There are two people here, and I want you to kill them.
Her - she can go quietly, by disease or a blow
to the base of her neck, 
where her necklaces close,
where her garments come together,
where I used to lay my face...
That's where you oughta kill her,
in that particular place.
Him - just fucking kill him, I don't care if it hurts.
Yes I do, I want it to,
fucking kill him but first
make him cry like a woman,
(no particular woman),
let him hold out, hold back 
(someone or other might come and fucking kill him).
Fucking kill him.
Kill him already, kill him.
Fucking kill him, fucking kill him,
Fucking kill him, fucking kill him,
Just fucking kill him! Fucking kill him,
Fucking kill him already, kill him.
Ah Fucking kill him, fucking kill him,
Kill him already, kill him already
Kill him, fucking kill him.
Just fucking kill him, fuckin kill him,
Fuckin kill him, kill him,
Fucking kill him already, kill him.

Kill him, fucking kill him,
Kill him, just fucking kill him.
Kill them already, kill them already,
Kill him.
Amen.

• 2 months later...

Well hello guys. First of i should say that English is not my native language so  if i missspell or have grammar mistakes i am sorry for that.  

Im in a crisis here. 
Some weeks ago i heard a song in my spotify weekly,  and now i see that i forgot to save it. Here is what i remmeber; I would say the song was in the metalcore genre but I am not sure. The cover was grey-greyish.

What I know so I only nead to hear secounds of it to find it , is that the song started soft or calm if you want, Then a build up to where it got heavy. The clean voices where not "high pitch", but "masculine"

I remember only a bit of the name and that is the letter: R
I dont know why but a name like "Ressurection" or "Relentness"  "Redemtion" " Reconcile" "Renegade" is ringing a bell so maybe the song is called somethinjg like that.

List of groups I know is not the artist or I have checked: Bleed from Within, As Blood Runs Black, Caliban, Heaven Shall Burn, Parkway Drive, Breakdown of Sanity, Slipknot, Bleeding Trough, Forgetting the Memories, InVisions, Bullet for my Valentine, Bring me the Horizon, Callejoin, We Butter the Bread With Butter, Darkest Hour, Unearth, I killed the Prom Queen, Bury Your Dead, The Ghost Inside, Texas in July, Misery Signals, Emmure, This or the Apocalypse, Monument of a Memory, I the Breather, April Divine, August Burns Red, Your Memorial, War of ages, Phinehas, For all Eternity, For Today.

This is what I got so far, I know its not much but i really want to find that song again. I appreciate everyone that bothers to help me. 

Thanks in advance - Nikita 

I'm losing my mind over this band/s. Two songs if I recall correctly:

1. There's a dildo in the film clip and it's killing people. The singer used it as a mic and the drummer uses it as sticks. Some guy winds up in a pool. 

2. Playing DM in the woods with some cute camp girls in plaid. Some bears turn nasty and the girls end up covered in blood. 

I'm not on acid, these are dead set real songs!

Edited by MacabreEternal

• 2 months later...

Greets,

I am new in this forum. By my search for the Band Name, or the name of the Song I cam of this Site. And I need your help. Sorry for my incorrect englisch. I am looking for  this Band.

At the end of the song, I think, the name of the song is said. Unfortunately, I do not quite understand the text. Can someone help please ??? Thank you in advance.

17 hours ago, Kish said:

Greets,

I am new in this forum. By my search for the Band Name, or the name of the Song I cam of this Site. And I need your help. Sorry for my incorrect englisch. I am looking for  this Band.

At the end of the song, I think, the name of the song is said. Unfortunately, I do not quite understand the text. Can someone help please ??? Thank you in advance.

Do you speak the language sung in the song? If so type a line or two of lyrics into the Google search bar.

Hi, thx for your answer.

I can understand some text lines. However, when I enter the at google, I get everything just not showing the song. So at the end of the song's blanking, I thought the name of the song was being spoken. Unfortunately, the good man speaks so fast that I do not quite come along. Will keep trying. Just take a look. But thanks again for the quick answer.

On 8/14/2018 at 10:19 PM, Kish said:

Hi, thx for your answer.

I can understand some text lines. However, when I enter the at google, I get everything just not showing the song. So at the end of the song's blanking, I thought the name of the song was being spoken. Unfortunately, the good man speaks so fast that I do not quite come along. Will keep trying. Just take a look. But thanks again for the quick answer.

If he speaks too fast for you, slow it down. I think YouTube has a handy function that lets you do that these days.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Short sample

Sounds a lot like Motorhead, here is the game video I cut the samle from:

It looks like first 3 songs are from the same band. But definetly it's not a Sinister Haze as YouTube says under the video. Maybe just the last one. Also, they don't sound like some amateurs, obviously it's a high quality music. But still, I couldn't find any lyrics.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Hardcore Metal in my head from the early 2000s. I remember the the title being something on the lines of "Separating the seventh serpent" I really remember separating and serpent being in the title. I remember it having a consistent kinda technical rift. I feel like the band might have been more famous for softer stuff but i remember this song having all screaming vocals. It was one of the first songs that got me into more technical stuff. Any ideas? 

• 1 month later...

Hello!

this may be a stretch, but upon watching the twilight zone marathon today, I saw an episode that DEFINITELY used a line as a sample, but that’s all that I know. Don’t know the band or song name, but it was probably back in the MySpace metal band days from like 2001-2008. The sample used is as follows:

”You know these, uh, cigarettes, do you call them? They taste wonderful. We haven't got a thing like this on Mars. That's, incidentally, where I come from. We're beginning to colonize. My friends will be arriving very shortly.”

i heard it, it prompted a visceral reaction and it’s been killin me. But if nobody recognizes it then no worries! Just figured I’d ask.

happy new year, everyone!

best,

DPL

Phil's band DOWN might have done a slow, kind of planet caravan sounding song...does one exist by them?  I'm watching this video that has their music in it and this cool almost Godsmack Voodoo sounding song was playing so I figured it might have been DOWN's also?  Did they do one or maybe two of them?  Not super familiar with their songs so I didn't recognize it at all.  Anyone familiar with their songs know of one they did?

Thanks.