Thrashman

Bloodstock

I'm thinking of going for the first time next year, possibly on my own since none of my friends are that into metal.

What's the atmosphere like? How friendly is it? How does it compare to other festivals you've been to in general?

Thinking I'd probably stay in a cheap hotel nearby, rather than camping like a weirdo. Don't like camping anyway.

Bloodstock is great! Very friendly and great atmosphere. You can always go VIP camping :) Its a short wander to site from parking so a trolley makes things easier.  I think you would love it ..sure there are bnb's if you not like camping..but it's a great festival and I would highly recommend it.

46 minutes ago, MacabreEternal said:

I don't poo in fields! I only stay in 4 star hotels and steal soaps, biscuits and teas.  I am the very definition of middle class metal!

lloydsturd-640x1394.png

BTW that is a picture of a partially fossilized human shit dating to the Viking occupation of York. I think it's a real shame that they stopped having metal festivals for so many centuries afterwards.

Its my favorite festival. I'd highly recommend camping though, a huge amount of stuff happens in the evenings in the campsites which add to the whole experience. With it being quite a small scale festival its about a minutes walk to the camp from the arena, which is great if there's nothing you want to see on and you just want to go and sit down and have a drink without spending extortionate amounts of money on the drinks in the arena. Even if you're on your bill its very easy to make friends there, its one of the most chilled out metal festivals going, most camps will adopt you if you ask nicely and aren't a d*ck. 

I've been going for five years, every year we take a few more people and every one of them has come back every year since.