A sentiment of appreciation

salmonellapancake

3 hours ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

I'm appreciative of guitars which almost resemble weapons and amps capable of shaking windows. Remember kids if the neighbours aren't complaining you're not playing loud enough.

Volume is at max. Gain is at max. Haven't heard any complaints yet. On my way to guitar center to get a louder amp.

1 hour ago, FatherAlabaster said:

I can't remember, what was it that you had said messed your hearing up?

Years ago I got a fucking pisser of an ear infection that burst my eardrum in my right ear.  Now, I get pain right down my ear canal and any loud noises really set my ear on edge.  Over the past couple of years I have developed tinnitus in both ears which is a direct result of playing things through headphones too loud for years but lately i have also developed crackling in my ears too which is apparently hardened fluid. Basically, a combination of my own stupidity and a nasty infection once.

30 minutes ago, MacabreEternal said:

Years ago I got a fucking pisser of an ear infection that burst my eardrum in my right ear.  Now, I get pain right down my ear canal and any loud noises really set my ear on edge.  Over the past couple of years I have developed tinnitus in both ears which is a direct result of playing things through headphones too loud for years but lately i have also developed crackling in my ears too which is apparently hardened fluid. Basically, a combination of my own stupidity and a nasty infection once.

Yikes. That sounds horrible. I've always made it worse every time I've tried to clean my ears when they were full of wax or fluid. Had a really bad time while I was mixing "Abject", one of my ears was completely stopped. I read an article about some famous mixing or mastering guy who recently went deaf in one ear, scary thought!

8 hours ago, BlutAusNerd said:

I heard that they did pretty well, despite not even really being Suffocation at this point...

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Yeah you're right, they're not really Suffocation at this point, but they really did bring it and show the new guys how it's done. The place went crazy when they played "Liege Of Inveracity". I head banged to that and "Infecting the Crypts" so hard that I had to chill for the next couple bands. 

8 hours ago, BlutAusNerd said: I heard that they did pretty well, despite not even really being Suffocation at this point...

Yeah you're right, they're not really Suffocation at this point, but they really did bring it and show the new guys how it's done. The place went crazy when they played "Liege Of Inveracity". I head banged to that and "Infecting the Crypts" so hard that I had to chill for the next couple bands. 

It was the same thing when I saw them. They have a nasty habit of touring with bullshit deathcore bands lately, and they show the scene kids hoe that sound is supposed to be done. The worst part is that the fans don't get it, a bunch of people left after Whitechapel when I saw them saying "it's not going to get more brutal than that tonight!", not even realizing that those bands are pussifying the punishment that Suffocation pioneered by mixing it with pop/emo.

6 hours ago, BlutAusNerd said:

It was the same thing when I saw them. They have a nasty habit of touring with bullshit deathcore bands lately, and they show the scene kids hoe that sound is supposed to be done. The worst part is that the fans don't get it, a bunch of people left after Whitechapel when I saw them saying "it's not going to get more brutal than that tonight!", not even realizing that those bands are pussifying the punishment that Suffocation pioneered by mixing it with pop/emo.

I couldn't agree more. There were some pretty distasteful deathcore bands that opened the show yesterday. It was just plain awkward to watch them. Suffocation did an amazing set under serious time constrictions (because Ingested did one too many songs, fucking it up for everybody else). Then, after them, Carnifex played, and people were more into them than Suffocation. It confused me so much. Music taste aside, I don't even think Carnifex put on a good show. After The Burial was better, but seriously, I don't understand where these fans are coming from when they're getting more into it for Carnifex than for Suffocation.

I still haven't been to any extreme metal gigs yet (yeah, yeah, I know BAN). When I saw Sabbath in 2014 though their opening act was some shitty doom/rock hybrid that somehow went over incredibly well. Like to the point where some of the people around me thought Sabbath might embarass themselves by playing after that band. The bloke in front of me even decided to leave telling his mates 'Sabbath may be legends but no way they top that shit'. I don't think I listened to Sabbath for about a month afterwards. Whenever I did a little voice in my head would say 'it was much better live' and I'd have to say 'you're fucking right'. Everything was slower, heavier, and more sinister. Got chills when they started on Black Sabbath. Ozzy was so on that night.

I appreciate memories.

4 minutes ago, BlutAusNerd said:

They played in my town a few years back and I couldn't take the night off work. Still annoyed that I missed them.

Ah...nevermind....yeh I am lookin forward to it....I'll be cranking out the corpsepaint for that one...:).You seen Taake tho.. haven't had the pleasure yet..! You got any pics from that BAN? What did they play from Noregs?

4 minutes ago, BlutAusNerd said: They played in my town a few years back and I couldn't take the night off work. Still annoyed that I missed them.

Ah...nevermind....yeh I am lookin forward to it....I'll be cranking out the corpsepaint for that one...:).You seen Taake tho.. haven't had the pleasure yet..! You got any pics from that BAN? What did they play from Noregs?

I've seen them twice now, once at MDF, and once here in town. I don't have any MDF photos of them on this phone, but I did get a couple of shitty ones from the recent show here (broke part of my camera at Voivod). They played the first track, Myr, and Nordbundet IIRC, and were just fantastic. One of the best black metal bands I've ever seen.

uploadfromtaptalk1471190437041.thumb.jpg

Ahhh very nice! Cheers for that... did the banjo make an appearance..:) Taake and Shining in London in December...I need to sort out travel..If they do Lat Oss and Helvetesmakt I think I will die..lol...I hope Horna do Kuoleva too.. If you have any more Taake pics will you post them for me for aesthetic purposes lol..cheers BAN.:)