Hey everyone! I just joined this forum a few days ago or so. 

My name is Colleen, but most people call me Colly:) I don't have any friends who live by me who listen to any of the music I do, or that have remotely the same general interests as I do. anyways, it'd be nice to make some friends, get some band suggestions and I'm glad I came across this site! :) 

• 3 weeks later...
On March 14, 2016 at 3:20 AM, kjtheguitarist said:

Nice to meet you Colly.

Is that photo of you?

Yes it is! :)

On March 14, 2016 at 8:19 AM, Yobo said:

Welcome!

Which bands or genres are you mostly into?

I've been obsessed with cattle decapitation for awhile (their 2 latest albums), I like behemoth, some enslaved and borknagar, aborted, decapitated, devourment. Just what I've been into mostly recently. What about yourself?

On March 15, 2016 at 7:23 AM, True Belief said:

Hi Colly. Hope you like it here.

Thank you! I appreciate it :) 

image.thumb.jpg.9a855a788133d407484ce299That's the photo for whoever asked lol 

On March 14, 2016 at 6:24 PM, MacabreEternal said:

Hi Colly, I am sure you will find like minded music fans here. Welcome, I am guessing Mayhem are one of your favoured bands?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank so much! And yes, Anythjng with dead on vocals. I honestly like morbid more (the band dead was in before he joined mayhem) but it's mostly the history of it all that intrigues me.

On March 14, 2016 at 3:20 AM, kjtheguitarist said: Nice to meet you Colly.

Is that photo of you?

Yes it is! [emoji4]

On March 14, 2016 at 8:19 AM, Yobo said: Welcome!

Which bands or genres are you mostly into?

I've been obsessed with cattle decapitation for awhile (their 2 latest albums), I like behemoth, some enslaved and borknagar, aborted, decapitated, devourment. Just what I've been into mostly recently. What about yourself?

On March 15, 2016 at 7:23 AM, True Belief said: Hi Colly. Hope you like it here.

Thank you! I appreciate it [emoji4] 

image.thumb.jpg.9a855a788133d407484ce299e363353b.jpgThat's the photo for whoever asked lol 

On March 14, 2016 at 6:24 PM, MacabreEternal said: Hi Colly, I am sure you will find like minded music fans here. Welcome, I am guessing Mayhem are one of your favoured bands?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank so much! And yes, Anythjng with dead on vocals. I honestly like morbid more (the band dead was in before he joined mayhem) but it's mostly the history of it all that intrigues me.

Glad you found your way back. All too often people post an intro and jet, never to return.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, BlutAusNerd said:

Glad you found your way back. All too often people post an intro and jet, never to return.

Sorry there were like 38464536373 replies in one message lol idfk if that's how I'm supposed to reply to people or what but anyways thank you! I'm not going anywhere, no worries ? all of you seem really fucking awesome!

35 minutes ago, Purefuckingmayhem said:

Some great names there. Especially Behemoth and Enslaved.

For myself, I used to love melodeath and doom, like Insomnium, Omnium Gatherum, Swallow the Sun, My Dying Bride, etc., but since I few months I'm kinda obsessed by the new black metal wave, so to say. So for the moment I listen to a lot of Mgla, Svartidaudi, Misthyrming, Ascension, Dysangelium, Thy Darkened Shade and quite some more.

Multi-quotes are fine, no worries there. I like a few of the bands you listed - I enjoy early Decapitated, Enslaved is one of my favorites, and I've even found myself enjoying Borknagar's "Empiricism" a lot recently. I was never able to get into anything other than the debut, but for whatever reason that album just started making a lot of sense to me after years of not digging it. As far as Mayhem goes, I'm honestly not the biggest fan, but I do like the stuff I've heard with Dead and I used to love what they did with Maniac.

1 minute ago, FatherAlabaster said:

Multi-quotes are fine, no worries there. I like a few of the bands you listed - I enjoy early Decapitated, Enslaved is one of my favorites, and I've even found myself enjoying Borknagar's "Empiricism" a lot recently. I was never able to get into anything other than the debut, but for whatever reason that album just started making a lot of sense to me after years of not digging it. As far as Mayhem goes, I'm honestly not the biggest fan, but I do like the stuff I've heard with Dead and I used to love what they did with Maniac.

Yeah like I said on one post it's more so the history behind it all that intrigues me more than anything, with Burzum/varg vikernes as well. I prefer most of deads vocals when he was in morbid before he joined mayhem. Same here though, I've never gotten into all there shit, but I definitely agree with you on their debut album. You've got a really good taste in music and sounds like we enjoy a lot of the same stuff :) enslaved is amazing and with cattle decap I can literally listen to their 2 newest albums all the way through, there's not many albums I'm able to do the same with. 

11 minutes ago, BlutAusNerd said: Glad you found your way back. All too often people post an intro and jet, never to return.

Sorry there were like 38464536373 replies in one message lol idfk if that's how I'm supposed to reply to people or what but anyways thank you! I'm not going anywhere, no worries ? all of you seem really fucking awesome!

It's not a problem, I just think there might be a limit of 5 or so layers of quotes, haha.

BTW, what remote corner of the world are you in?

1 hour ago, Jerome_the_French_bastard said:

I wish I posted a pretty picture of myself, it seems to work for your intro post...

Damn... Welcome! (even though you were here before me and you called me a goat fucker in another subject! ;) )

The hot chick picture thing is a powerful card, if you've got it in your hand. You don't seem to have been dealt one, but I've got an idea for you that may work almost as well. If you happen to have a cat kicking around the house somewhere, you could post a picture of it in your intro thread with a caption along the lines of "Here is a picture of my cat" and folks around here will eat that shit up. You'll get at least three horns up, and several replies praising you for having a cat.

If you do not posses a cat of your own, you can simply lift one from the internet, and that is way less scuzzy than posting a picture of some random hot chick and saying it is you, which thing is already too late for you as you well understand, even if Alabaster doesn't think so. Anyway good luck... Oh you know what.... a picture of you actually fucking a goat, that would be pretty epic. I've been on here a fairly long time and never seen someone throw down an ace in the hole like that.

You seem to be doing just fine, be there you have a couple of suggestions if you're really looking to up your game.

A picture of Jerome actually fucking a goat might break too many guidelines to be allowed. Not that the idea is without its charm, but I'd hate to have him waste the effort, given his obvious distaste for goat-fucking. I'd also suggest that there isn't anything necessarily sleazy about using some random hot girl as one's profile pic, especially in this modern climate of acceptance for gender nonconformity. Witness Dave's longstanding use of Lucy as an avatar, which was as endearing as it was titillating. 

2 hours ago, FatherAlabaster said:

There's still time, Jerome.

There is not pretty picture of myself.

:(

1 hour ago, GorboGorboze said:

The hot chick picture thing is a powerful card, if you've got it in your hand. You don't seem to have been dealt one, but I've got an idea for you that may work almost as well. If you happen to have a cat kicking around the house somewhere, you could post a picture of it in your intro thread with a caption along the lines of "Here is a picture of my cat" and folks around here will eat that shit up. You'll get at least three horns up, and several replies praising you for having a cat.

I indeed do have a cat. 

here's a picture of my kitty wearing a Hawaiian shirt:

2016-03-27%2019.55.41_zpsgcbyu5uf.jpg

What do I win? There's surely some kind of bonus for the shirt...

3 minutes ago, Jerome_the_French_bastard said:

There is not pretty picture of myself.

:(

Dude, you are doing this all wrong, this recent spate of content should be attached to your intro post. This is just throwing activity away. The best I can do for you at this point is to horns up every post of yours in this thread. You could apply to the two star general just above there, he just might hook you up with a transfer of the most recent posts here. I don't even know if that is a technical possibility.

1 hour ago, GorboGorboze said:

Oh you know what.... a picture of you actually fucking a goat, that would be pretty epic. I've been on here a fairly long time and never seen someone throw down an ace in the hole like that.

Gimme 30 minutes, I gotta go through my archive, and dig one out, which is not to blurry, those goats don't stay put for pictures, you know...

50 minutes ago, FatherAlabaster said:

A picture of Jerome actually fucking a goat might break too many guidelines to be allowed. 

Arg, party pooper!

2 minutes ago, GorboGorboze said:

Dude, you are doing this all wrong, this recent spate of content should be attached to your intro post. This is just throwing activity away. The best I can do for you at this point is to horns up every post of yours in this thread. You could apply to the two star general just above there, he just might hook you up with a transfer of the most recent posts here. I don't even know if that is a technical possibility.

ha ha ha