Favourite lyrics

jfk36

2 minutes ago, Requiem said:

So gracious of you. You made a mistake, just own it and don't try to turn it back on me. I don't like Slipknot lyrics and don't want to be quoted suggesting I do. I added a 'hahahaha' to show I wasn't that concerned. Thanks for doing me the laborious favour of correcting it. 

I'm not trying anything and I'm not trying to be malicious with you, no need for sarcasm. It's just like, fine, I did it but like, whatever. 

11 hours ago, Requiem said:

It may have come from the ramblings of a distempered mind, but it definitely means something.

In many ways, Marlon Brando's meteoric rise to fame in the 50s then slide into egotistic obsession and self-doubt (eg only filming him from the neck up in 'Apocalypse Now') and obesity seems a perfect analogy for California and Hollywood. The crushing power of image, expectation and ego. Ergo, it makes sense when you perceive California from Brando's perspective. Through our own eyes we can only wonder at the fragility and failings of even the most lauded our species.  

I guess with that explanation it seems to make sense.

11 hours ago, Requiem said:

I have committed countless heinous crimes the nature of which would make all of you vomit.

Kinda weird that you can edit quotes on this sight.

43 minutes ago, Will said:

I guess with that explanation it seems to make sense.

Kinda weird that you can edit quotes on this sight.

Guilty as charged.

Actually the only ‘crimes’ I’ve committed that make people around here ‘vomit’ involves my penchant for the love metal soft rockers HIM.  

• 2 weeks later...

Zephyr drifting,

The first touch of chill in the last green of autumn.

Jasper peaks obscured in mist,

Empty mountains, timeless clouds, a fluting echoes afar.

White cranes dance in maple woods,

Swirling along, shatters of Terpsichore.

Brook warbles through the valley,

Toxicated in the amber odor of autumn.

Yellow leaves staggering, 

One thousand years in a never-ending chess game under the pine tree.

Birds linger on and on,

Wings so heavy for the sough way home.

- "Afterimage of Autumn" - Zuriaake

• 1 month later...

Rust - Darkthrone
Endings and Continuations - Dimmu
Materal - Enslaved
Natural Liberation Of Fear - Nile
Face of God -HIM
Defiling Morality of Black God - Behemoth

of course pretty much anything from these bands and others like Satyricon, Borknagr, Summoning, etc. but these six are examples of my most favorites 

• 1 month later...

All I need is this city and this mind and I will get by...

Fuck sleep, fuck all of you!

But we can never look back because we will never get a second chance

I like people who can take the pressure!

"Velvet Kevorkian" (intro from "City" - Strapping Young Lad)

• 2 months later...

Suffocation - Misconceived

Everything you thought or were led to believe was a misconception
This unsafe approach at life has killed all hope within.
Worthless attempts of achieving happiness
Disgusted, mistrusted, betrayed and persuaded
Reveling such feelings, mistakes of disgrace
The shock and disbelief of reality SETS IN
The weight of the world CRUSHES
These pains within are intolerable
Changes are of utmost importance.
Intolerable ways of living brought on by oneself.
Waiting to be let down,
Depression, remove for all negative surroundings
False perceptions broken dreams
Living this unhappy life is not worth living
Whose life to take?
Mine or theirs
Dismiss the anguish brought one self.
Relearn how to live and only trust yourself.
Disgusted, mistrusted, betrayed and persuaded
Reveling such feelings, mistakes of disgrace
Obsession,
Betrayal,
Murder,
Suicide
Negative energy trapped and enraged
Unable to fix what has/is,
Essence of death kills all in its path.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Another town another place,
Another girl, another face,
Another truce, another race,
I'm eating junk, feeling bad,
Another night, I'm going mad,
My woman's leaving, I feel sad,
But I just love the life I lead,
Another beer is what I need,
Another gig my ears bleed,
We Are The Road Crew

Another town I've left behind,
Another drink completely blind,
Another hotel I can't find,
Another backstage pass for you,
Another tube of super glue,
Another border to get through,
I'm driving like a maniac,
Driving my way to hell and back,
Another room a case to pack,
We Are The Road Crew

'War in Heaven' by Septicflesh (for stargazers like me)

Planets that rule the abyss
The architects behind this carnage
They are black holes in the sky
Predators lurking as spiders

Whirlpools that cannot be seen
Are sucking the dark oceans dry
Victors in these killing fields
Crushing the essence of others

Fighters
Battalions turned to ashes
Dark Suns
Event horizon masters
Fighters
They clash with ruthless violence
Dark Suns
The mighty atom smashers

• 4 months later...

Who else is a fan of Iron Maiden's "Hallowed Be Thy Name"? The lyrics are EPIC! My all-time favorite from that song has to be the line: "As the guards march me out to the courtyard, somebody cries from a cell God be with you. If there's a God, then why does he let me go?". You can't get any more philosophical than that with Iron Maiden.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

These are the most powerful lyrics I've ever heard in a song.

by Justing Broadrick 

"Jesu - Heart Ache"

What's become of you?
You've been bought for less than you think
I hope for anything
But really there's nothing
How much can you take?
How much can I take?
You hope for everything
But really there's nothing
But really there's nothing...