Sign in to stalk this  
Midi

Other gear

I don't think this thread needs a lot of explanation. Simply talk about non guitar-/bass-related gear here. mm9bfp.jpg This is my Yamaha SVC-110 SK Silent Electric Cello. It's made of maple and spruce, which gives playing a really smooth feeling. Playing is possible by plugging in headphones or connecting it to an amp. It can be set to a standard tone as well as three types of reverb. I'm currently playing it with tungsten strings as those are my favorite. This instrument is a beast and the only minor disadvantage I could find is the bridge, which, because of it's badly cut shape, makes playing on multiple strings at once a lot harder. 23lgsip.jpg The beauty you see in this picture is the Elite Model of the J.B. Lemoine Maitre Luthier series. I had been playing on this instrument for about 6 years before I bought the Yamaha. It's still playable and I often pick it up to this day, but because of a burst in its neck it sadly isn't what it has been. 2rxd7w0.jpg This old friend of mine is called the Buffet Crampon Flute, Cooper Scale E ARC. As I've just said, it's an old instrument and it has been through a few repairing sessions as well, so nowadays it can't match the quality it had in the old days. I still enjoy playing on it from time to time though. 2akbt4n.jpg The Arturia Microbrute which can be seen in the picture above is an analog synthesizer. It's a synthesizer with only one oscillator, but despite that, it's ridiculously powerful. It's size and price are both very small compared to its quality. MIDI, USB, CV/Gate, etc. are included. So, what gear other than guitars and basses do you guys use?

I don't really want to learn. If I was gonna go for a wind instrument it would probably be clarinet. But guitar is elusive enough...
Clarinet was my first choice as a kid, but my brother got permission of playing an instrument (which was the clarinet) and I didn't, so it never happened.

I dont own any non-guitar or bass instruments but I have been entertaining the idea of trying to find a nice (but most likely used) viola, as it was the first instrument I ever picked up, many many years before my appreciation for real music had matured. I've no idea where to start as far as what kind of quality I would be looking for though