The hookah and shisha appriciation thread.

GorboGorboze

I really only smoked a hookah for the first time about 2 years ago when I went to a homecoming party for a guy returning from Afghanistan. He brought back a lovely hookah and some different shishas to smoke out of it. I really loved it, because it was just so delicious. I'd wanted to smoke out of hookahs since Indian Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark came out in theaters. That was in 1981 says IMBD so I would have been 11 years old. The same year I decided that I wanted to own a sea plane, which I don't yet. It was also the year I decided to get a pet monkey, which I didn't ever, and neither did I learn to use a bull whip. Anyway... Recently I made myself a hookah out of a decanter a purchased burner and some odd parts I scrounged. It is not exactly a work of art, but it works and looks OK.

I rarely smoke a hookah, but it happens on occasion. My favorite flavor would be berry-infused, although other fruity stuff (except strawberry, I bloody hate strawberries, death to all strawberries!) is enjoyable as well. It's a shame that it damages the teeth endlessly much more than usual tobacco though. A friend of mine once went to a genuine sishalounge, where apparently gigantic shihas are no exception. I'm curious to try one of those out, but I don't see it happening in the near future. Nor do I see myself smoke a hookah on an air plane while using a bull whip to command a pet monkey to bring me some cocktails in the near future, but hey, maybe one day, who knows...

I used to have a massive hookah, it was about 4ft high, rotated, and had 6 hoses. It was really cool, but it became unwieldy and a nuisance to clean. I now have a nice little 17inch 2 hose hookah that serves me well. I just smoked a mix of pumpkin and caramel shisha, and it was excellent. I love cardamom shisha, and like to find unusual flavors. I highly recommend Starbuzz "Lebanese Bombshell" shisha, which is cedar flavored. And, since I adore blueberries, I love blueberry shisha. Another good one is Fantasia "Cupid's Arrow," which is a mix of cherry, watermelon, and bubblegum. Rose is another good flavor. The cheapest, most readily available shisha is Al Faker brand, which is generally good quality, but I don't care much for their strawberry or mango flavors. Can anyone recommend good brands for these flavors? How about any odd, unusual flavors? I saw cucumber shisha for sale but didn't have the $ for it at the time, will have to try it.

Hey Parker, cardamom shisha sounds fantastic, I'll look for some of that. Your old hookah sounds like it was quite an apparatus as well. I'm too lazy to keep my little hookah spick-and-span so I see why you switched it out. Through the magic of the magic knitter, as I believe this crafting widget of my daughter's is called I am making an i-core hose sheath out of yarn. I've been smoking through a naked hose for too long, so I'll be glad to put a cozy on that. My little homemade hookah has but one hose, alas. It has no ash tray as yet either.

This thread is making me think of the caterpiller from Alice In Wonderland...
I just noticed online that Portland, Maine's hippest city, has a new hookah bar called The Purple Caterpillar, or something very like that. That's about an hour and fifteen minutes away from me. I look forward to checking it out. Reviews say it is expensive, but the hookahs are cleaned well. Never ever once in my life have I gone to a hookah bar, but I look forward to it. It is, naturally, owing to the caterpillar from wonderland that I have a lifelong fascination with hookahs. alice_with_hookah_smoking_caterpillar_ornament-r0abff005726a4fdbb9919f0c6772f4df_x7s2o_8byvr_324.jpg

When I'm back in the middle east for summer pretty much all people do in their free time on weekdays is go to hookah cafes and just chill out with friends. Usually right after work. It's cheap as fuck back home though. 2$ for a hookah in a ghetto ass cafe' date=' 4$ for a hookah in a nice place.[/quote'] I choose ghetto ass cafe, not because I want to save the $2 but because I want to know what it's like over to the Cafe Ghetto Ass. I went to my favorite head shop today, right down on the Kennebec river in Capitol City Maine (Augusta). It is a little ghetto in it's own way. The place is called Cosmic Charlies, and is perfectly standard with shitty smelly incense, tacky psyco erotic/trippy/junky sculpture, t-shirt, posters... Do I need to go on? You probably figured out there is body piercing crap to beat the band. Anyway, what I love about the place is the staff. They all seem like teenagers to me, but I'm sure they are a twenty something crowd, but I realized today that that place has got the most intense devotion to service. They are just wicked accommodating and helpful and friendly. For a bunch of sketched out stoner punks, they manage to provide the best service of any store in the area, hands down. Go figure. So I went in there and got an ash plate for my hookah, a bunch of shisha and such. My hookah is about finished. There is room for a grommet or so and a spacer between the burner and the tray, and another esthetic issue or two, but it is basically done. Dancing-bear.jpg

I used to have a massive hookah, it was about 4ft high, rotated, and had 6 hoses. It was really cool, but it became unwieldy and a nuisance to clean. I now have a nice little 17inch 2 hose hookah that serves me well. I just smoked a mix of pumpkin and caramel shisha, and it was excellent. I love cardamom shisha, and like to find unusual flavors. I highly recommend Starbuzz "Lebanese Bombshell" shisha, which is cedar flavored. And, since I adore blueberries, I love blueberry shisha. Another good one is Fantasia "Cupid's Arrow," which is a mix of cherry, watermelon, and bubblegum. Rose is another good flavor. The cheapest, most readily available shisha is Al Faker brand, which is generally good quality, but I don't care much for their strawberry or mango flavors. Can anyone recommend good brands for these flavors? How about any odd, unusual flavors? I saw cucumber shisha for sale but didn't have the $ for it at the time, will have to try it.
I'm smoking Fantasia's mango shisha right now and am enjoying it very much. I was disappointed by their blueberry, partly because the shisha smelled so good in the packet, and the flavor of the vapor just didn't live up to that initial promise. I will confess that I might have over packed it a bit with the blueberry and gotten it a bit over toasted. That could have been the issue. I try applying a little restraint the next go round.

Yeah, their mango is delicious. shisha mixology? the thought never crossed my mind, but the possibilities are endless...
Yeah, dude, mixing shisha is great! There are some wonderful combos, and you can buy hookah bowls with dividers, but that's not a necessity for mixing. Mix pumpkin and caramel for a mind blowing experience!

Is hookah same thing like e cigs with vapors Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Good question, I don't know really. Hookah tobacco is very wet for one thing, and the embers that burn over it are very hot for another, and then there is the water that the vapor is drawn through, so I guess It's pretty different. Where does the moisture in an e-cigarette come from anyway?

With Shisha I just stick to basic flavours really. I just go for Grape, or strawberry, or something. Sometimes I'll mix something with mint though. Lemon + mint, Grape + mint. Not a big fan of the super custom flavours. Watermelon has to be my favorite depending on if the quality of the tobacco and molasses.

With Shisha I just stick to basic flavours really. I just go for Grape, or strawberry, or something. Sometimes I'll mix something with mint though. Lemon + mint, Grape + mint. Not a big fan of the super custom flavours. Watermelon has to be my favorite depending on if the quality of the tobacco and molasses.
What brand of watermelon shisha do you prefer?