GO LOCAL! Your favorite (local) amateur-metal Song/Album?

dosdrowna

Dear Metalheads, I asked myself why everyone is focusing on the big events, big bands and old crackers and the local scene is dying more and more. It’s easy to get caught up in the excitement of a national touring band coming to a city near you. That excitement can easily overpower the desire to see a local show, but small local shows are necessary to keep the music alive. Think about any touring band that you’ve ever seen or wanted to see live. Chances are that at one point, every band you can think of was playing a show to a small handful of people rather than a sold out crowd. By going to local shows and supporting local bands, you could become the ultimate Metalhead who is able to say, “I saw these fuckers before they even released this fucking popular song!” I think it’s important to keep local scenes alive. Some places (like the place where I live) don’t have national touring bands stop on every tour, so for those places, a local scene is all they have to thrive on. Going to shows is the only way to keep a local scene in existence. And places with a strong local scene are more than just a scene; they become a place where they know they belong. If supporting local bands stops, then the camaraderie ends, too- that means REAL METAL WILL DIE! :shock: Moral of this story: Go and support your local bands! There are a lot of unknown, underrated amateur metal bands around you that produce (or have the potential to produce) fucking kick-ass songs like i found recently this one: VEIL OF DECEPTION - THE ENTITY (OFFICIAL VIDEO)

So lets start to post some more of this!! :twisted:

:twisted:

Cheers!

Hey Dosdrowna, thank for the post and the thread idea. It is on my list of resolutions to see more local shows. It was on my list last year and never happened. Was the lovely city in the video in Austria? I imagine it was, anyway what is the city? I hesitate to say that I didn't like the song, but alas I did not, mostly on account of the vocalist I guess. If I'd been on hand during the making of the video I could have given the very sound advice to edit out the bits with the Barbie dolls, but whatever, the made a video and that is cool. I totally stand behind your sentiments in the original post, and I'll try harder to do my part to invigorate the local scene here in the middle of nowhere where I live in Maine, USA. If I find a metal gem out here in the woods I'll let you know.

Hey GorboGorboze, hahaha yes the barbie dolls, kinda strange :D but I know the band (as many small bands in my region) and the cool thing is that they made it all without $$$, I mean, the video and the production is far away from pro but what can you expect from amateurs? When we are talking here about our local heros, we should keep in mind that everything that counts is the passion and the guitar riff out of the deepest heart of satan \\m// :D No, I mean what I really like is to see how much the small bands invest without getting paid by anything but the scream and the "fuck yeah" of the crowd ! That is REAL Metal for me. Well, I dont know if I can affort a ticket to the US, but some day I will check if you did your job in Maine! ah, and by the way- The city in the video is Vienna in Austria, yes.

Hey GorboGorboze' date=' hahaha yes the barbie dolls, kinda strange :D but I know the band (as many small bands in my region) and the cool thing is that they made it all without $$$, I mean, the video and the production is far away from pro but what can you expect from amateurs? When we are talking here about our local heros, we should keep in mind that everything that counts is the passion and the guitar riff out of the deepest heart of satan \\m// :D No, I mean what I really like is to see how much the small bands invest without getting paid by anything but the scream and the "fuck yeah" of the crowd ! That is REAL Metal for me. Well, I dont know if I can affort a ticket to the US, but some day I will check if you did your job in Maine! ah, and by the way- The city in the video is Vienna in Austria, yes.[/quote'] Vienna, very nice. And thank you, I totally agree with what you say about the about "when we are talking about our local hero's" which is why I hesitated about criticizing, and I now wish I hadn't. The bottom line is that they made a video, and that is super-cool. What you talk about is REAL metal for me as well. Wish VoD well for me, and if they make another video please post it.

Lay it down for us' date=' Deathstorm, what is going on in Jersey? You live a ways away from the city, if I have the right idea. So there is no easy bridge and tunnel solution for you. Have you seen some local bands?[/quote'] I reemeber seeing b side theory. At club bene. We have a lot local bands in. The stone party

Hey guys, I was visiting my parents and checked if there is something going on in town (they live in a very small village in germany) and yesterday at a Metal Club called "Dark" I saw these guys (maybe not even amateur anymore but I try to keep the thread alive haha) They made a really good show!

Cheers!

Yo dudes! I've got some links you can check out, some bands that's still in the underground. And my definition of underground is when live videos are filmed from some shitty mobile camera, so the sound quality's rather varied. Santiago, Chile: REX AVERNUS (1st wave Black Metal)

Stockholm, Sweden: HONNÖR SS (Swedish Crust Punk)
Stockholm, Sweden: HYPERION (New Black metal)
Stockholm, Sweden: SKOLL (Black metal) (Self promo, but it's in the Promote your band section so why not? ;)
Hope you guys enjoy some of it!

Do you guys have any black metal local bands? In my town there used to be a lot of grindcore or brutal death groups' date=' acutaly few good black and goth bands. Now there are only a lot of metalcore, deathcore and every other core. Scene changed and I don't realy listen to any of their music, I don't pesonaly like them very much..[/quote'] The same goes for our local scene, but it seems to be getting better. We have some good bands around, I've posted links before, but I'll try to do some again when I get time.

my city has more of a sludgey/stoner scene than anything as far as metal goes, not many great acts currently, though some. my favorite being Black Tusk of course. Baroness used to be great, as did Kylesa, but cant say I'm into much of their later stuff. There's a band called Pridemeat that Ive dug pretty hard the two times I've caught them though they usually play with a more core-ish crowd. I am however very plugged in with alot of the florida scene, mostly in tampa/st pete and miami, favorites being Shroud Eater, Holly Hunt and Orbweaver from Miami and Set & Setting, Cosm and Servants of the Mist from St. Pete. Hollow Leg from Jacksonville is great as well.

Might not be in strict keeping with the OPs intentions but here's a few hometown acts (quality may vary) Beyond Mortal Dreams (Brutal Death best I can tell) N25XSW9Se4E Captain Cleanoff (Grindcore maybe?) QaVl5etTiuA Diatribe (crossover thrash) VzcJTPhSVQ4 Sound quality on this one isn't great Darklord (your guess is as good as mine) rQ85JDLgCzk Meat Wallet (ummm) 373wutpzSjA Misery's Omen (black metal) rI1ZhpeoubM Slaughter Thou (death metal) ujvmZVKCwC0

Might not be in strict keeping with the OPs intentions but here's a few hometown acts (quality may vary) Beyond Mortal Dreams (Brutal Death best I can tell) N25XSW9Se4E Captain Cleanoff (Grindcore maybe?) QaVl5etTiuA Diatribe (crossover thrash) VzcJTPhSVQ4 Sound quality on this one isn't great Darklord (your guess is as good as mine) rQ85JDLgCzk Meat Wallet (ummm) 373wutpzSjA Misery's Omen (black metal) rI1ZhpeoubM Slaughter Thou (death metal) ujvmZVKCwC0
I had no idea Misery's Omen was an Australian band, let alone from your hometown...