Best gig you ever went to (including festival appearances)

kjo1

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Best live show? Im hoping the best live show will be at wacken next week :D So far the most awesome gig I have been to was Thyrfing a few years ago at Sweden Rock, they played all my favourite songs and spashed "blood" at everyone in the front row :twisted: Turisas at Wacken last year come second, such a great gig, even tho someone had underestimated the size of the audience and put them on a small stage in a tent... Amon Amarth are really good live as well, so hard to choose!

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Best live show? I've seen: Danzig/Chimaira/Behemoth/Mortiis Slayer/Killswitch Engage/Mastodon Slayer/Testament/Megadeth Slayer/Anthrax/Megadeth Van Halen* (twice) Guitar Wolf* (twice) Rancid* Bad Religion/Pennywise* My favorite of the lot was the Danzig show. Danzig was the first metal band I liked, and that's the first time I saw Behemoth. I immediately loved Behemoth the first time I heard them live. I was supposed to go to see them on the Evangelion tour last year, but Nergal was diagnosed with lymphoma. (He's since recovered, and they're planning a US tour next year!! :D ) Every time I've seen Slayer is tied for second, haha. *These shows weren't metal shows, but I listed them anyway.

Re: Best live show? I haven't been to a lot of shows, but the best one I've been to so far was a Dethklok/Mastodon show. It was pretty brutal, since they both played very well, and had movie clips playing on a huge screen behind them. Dethklok played their cartoon music videos while they played their songs. :lol:

Re: Best live show? Mayhem, Moonspell, Goatwhore, and Suffocation all put on formidable shows with Mayhem being the best live band I have ever seen, Attila's voice sounds exactly as it does live as it does on De mysteriis dom Sathanas and Ordo ab chao- and you can feel the wind blast from Hellhammer's double bass pedals. Suffocation are just insane live Mullen and his crazy hand chops and on stage banter make for an entertaining show, and Moonspell are just one of my favorite bands you may or may not like them yourself.

• 5 weeks later...

Re: Best live show? Best Shows: Nevermore (Jeff gave me a high five in the middle of the show and then handed me the pic he was using after the gig) Type O Negative (3x) (Met Peter and Josh and got their autographs) GWAR (2x) (met them at two different in-store signings) Bad Acid Trip Cannibal Corpse (3x) (Met Alex) Diabolic Amon Amarth (Was handed pics from one of the guitarists and the bassist and I got the set list) Macabre Iron Maiden (I was 17 and an exchange student in Germany. After the gig my gf and I hitchhiked to a train station and slept outside under the stars) Megadeth Anthrax (I was holding a ticket for my bassist and the fucker was so late that we just caught their last two songs, still good however) Exhumed (great attitudes) Within Temptation Cradle of Filth Stolen Babies (The singer gave me a hug and I got hers and the bassists autographs) Lacuna Coil (3x) (got their autographs prior to seeing them a third time) Metallica (2x) (very tight live) Yngwie Malmsteen Hate Eternal The Cure The Trans-Siberian Orchestra OK Shows: Cephalic Carnage (funny music nerds) Iced Earth Beyond the Embrace (Met two of the band members) Dio Doro Arch Enemy (set was cut short due to straightedgers picking a fight with everyone) Worst Shows: Dimmu Borgir (2x) Hypocrisy Children of Bodom (2x) Cryptopsy Deeds of the Flesh Dying Fetus (Was friends with their one time guitarist Mike) Misery Index Slayer (sloppy fucking noise! Waste of money to see them!) Trivial (The faggy singer demanded that the crowd mosh and no one moved. He then begged the crowd to buy their merch so they could have enough gas money to play their next gig. total. fucking. LOSERS! How these douche bags got popular is beyond me.) Krisiun Opeth Kylesa Himsa Black Dahila Murder (total poser core garbage! The singer literally shook his ass at the crowd the ENTIRE show. Epitome of "butt rock") Sonic Syndicate Korn Coal Chamber (the guitarist and drummer screwed up every song) I know I'm forgetting a few but that's the bulk of them. This will be edited according to how when I remember stuff.

Re: Best live show?

Best Shows: Nevermore Type O Negative (3x) GWAR (2x) Bad Acid Trip Cannibal Corpse (3x) Diabolic Amon Amarth Macabre Iron Maiden Megadeth Anthrax Exhumed Within Temptation Cradle of Filth Stolen Babies Lacuna Coil (3x) Metallica (2x) Yngwie Malmsteen OK Shows: Cephalic Carnage Iced Earth Beyond the Embrace Dio Doro Worst Shows: Dimmu Borgir (2x) Hypocrisy Children of Bodom (2x) Cryptopsy Dying Fetus Misery Index Slayer Trivial Krisiun I know I'm forgetting a few but that's the bulk of them.
OK, now you're just bragging. :(

Not so much bragging as trying to remember everything. I could/should start a list of the concerts I've missed' date=' that would be even longer. :([/quote'] Oh boo hoo. I don't suppose you live Out In The Sticks like I do?

Actually I do, I grew up in rural UT, my neighbors had cattle and horses. It's seldom that a decent show comes through here. UT has a LOOOOOOOOONG history of promoters fucking bands over to the point where they bypass my state constantly. Big names that always came here in the 80's and 90's don't anymore. In fact, we have to road trip out of state to catch shows.

Re: Best live show? OK then. I would also guess I'd have to up and go to Colorado or Arizona too. Battlelore looks like they put on an enthusiastic performance, but I don't think they've ever done a US tour. Even if they did, it'd be pretty predictable. New York, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Orlando, Dallas, Cincinnati, Detroit, San Diego, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Seattle...and if we are very lucky, Denver.

Re: Best live show? MANOWAR - Magic Circle Festival, Bad Arolsen (Germany), July 11th 2008 ! Video-Shooting among other for "Warriors Of The World United" - HD/HQ-Version; one of the best realized & technically converted DVD/Video-Productions I've ever seen in my whole life, IMHO ! You will definitely enjoy this for sure : http://bit.ly/nwLcFp ! HYLI \m/ - LD -

Re: Best live show? OK, mine are for different reasons. All in Australia Sepultura 2003 Roorback tour, first big metal band I had seen. Slipknot 2005 Subliminal tour, 9 piece extreme metal band live on a smallish stage. Devildriver 2000 and something??? , support for Fear Factory and they killed them. Slayer 2000 and something?? , perfect sound and light show (maybe a little to good). MachineHead (again can't remember the date) , Through the ashes, maybe Blackening but they looked happy to be on stage, lots of smiles, it was a really good vibe. Also worthy mentions, Hellyeah, Mastodon, Hatebreed, Japanga, Systen Of A Down, Lamb Of God, Arch Enemy plus more

Re: Best live show? Best gigs: - Satyricon with parts of the Oslo Philharmonics and NRK Radio orchestra (brass sections) in Oslo, 2006 - Enslaved doing some of their best songs and covers of their favourite bands (Rush, King Crimson, Led Zeppelin and more) in Oslo, 2011 - Iron Maiden in Gothenburg, 2009 - Dimmu Borgir with the NRK Radio Orchestra (KORK) and full choir in Oslo, 2011 - Gorgoroth at the Inferno Festival, Oslo 2008

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Best live show? I was at the With Full Force festival in Germany back in 2000. It's where I saw a handful of crappy German rock/rap bands before finally getting to see Iron Maiden for the first time. I got there later in the day and as such I missed Cannibal Corpse, Dark Funeral & Subway to Sally.