Band recommandations with growls/screams

Metalfork

Hi! Does any one know some good nu metal/ band/s with growls/screams? Or some similar to Element Eighty? (Album Element Eighty).. Or similar to Fluwid? If anyone have heard of them?, they aren't so known yet.. You'll find them on Spotify Fluwid on Spotify Recommanded if you agree with this kind of nu metal :P. I hope it's ok to ask here, I'm not fully sure as I'm very new here.. My first topic here.. I have alredy looked in LastFm but it take ages to find with example with growls.. I also perfer with pretty good clean vocals. One more thing a bit off-topic but what ever?.. How do I change text color in the topic when I will write my post?. I can't barley read that color ^^.. So I had to write it in Notepad and then paste it..

I am not a huge fan of Nu Metal (i always think of Korn or Disturbed haha), but you might like something like Eths or Opeth. Eths I guess would be considered a tad more nu metal, although she has rather death vocals. Opeth is more progressive death (older stuff). You also might like Kells. I have never been real good with genres of metal, so,,,I could not know wtf I am talking about. haha

• 2 weeks later...

Element Eighty, there's a name I've not heard in a while! My enjoyment of nu metal is pretty limited nowadays. If you like Element Eighty I'm guessing you'll dig 40 Below Summer or Spineshank? If you're wanting some heavier nu metal check out Slipknot (not that you probably haven't already), Dry Kill Logic, Soulfly's early albums and maybe even Sepultura's Roots album. I'd second the Eths recommendation as well. It might not be quite what you're looking for, but I'd highly recommend Deftones' first album, Adrenaline. My favourite nu metal album ever. If you like that, you might want to try their later albums and that might widen your tastes somewhat.

Gossow is no longer lead singer' date=' Alissa White from Agonist has taken over and she is awesome IMO.[/quote'] Sad to see a band with some rather enjoyable material metamorph into a purely commercial entity whose primary focus is the gender of their vocalist as opposed to actually creating music worth investing any time in.

Element Eighty' date=' there's a name I've not heard in a while! My enjoyment of nu metal is pretty limited nowadays. If you like Element Eighty I'm guessing you'll dig 40 Below Summer or Spineshank? If you're wanting some heavier nu metal check out Slipknot (not that you probably haven't already), Dry Kill Logic, Soulfly's early albums and maybe even Sepultura's Roots album. I'd second the Eths recommendation as well. It might not be quite what you're looking for, but I'd highly recommend Deftones' first album, Adrenaline. My favourite nu metal album ever. If you like that, you might want to try their later albums and that might widen your tastes somewhat.[/quote'] The opinions expressed in this post are those of the individual and in no way reflect those of Metal Forum or its affiliates.

The opinions expressed in this post are those of the individual and in no way reflect those of Metal Forum or its affiliates.
At least he knows enough about it to help point the OP in a useful direction. Although I have a hard time believing that something as inherently commercialized as nu-metal is difficult enough to dig up that one would need to join a forum to ask for recommendations...

• 3 months later...

Mods: Please don't delete the topic. It's not the same as my other one. It's just a bit similar. This is just with more chill vocals/chill playing.. (Told because it was just a bit un-clear). As they look abit similar. Hi! OBS!! Please read the topic before posting As it will get more exact of my needs. I need some bands that's some sort of rock or the genre dosen't matter.. But a band that sings chill mixed with growls/screams In first hand I would like something like this: Haste The Day - American Love (Sining slow and then the songs comes on with growls and instuments) I know they aren't nu metal. But I didn't know where to post this as it dosen't matter with genre for me. So please move it to a better place if needed. (Doesn't have to do with anything to said above!) And I would also like some bands suggestions that having chill vocals/mixed with growls screams similar to alternative rock. Or such as those bands: In Confesso What Tommorow Brings Silence of September Ark PeninsulaOr with other generes (mixed): Stale Mind Element Eighty He Who Dredz Tyrade Dosen't really matter.. Listen to the songs for more exact suggestions!!.Sorry if I got this topic a bit un-clear but abit hard to explain.. Just ask if you wounder sometinhg.. Please move the topic if it's wrong place. As it didn't matter for me with genere. So I didn't know where to post it. Thanks alot for suggestions!. Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Five Pointe O - "Untitled" (2002)

Pulkas - "Greed" (1998)

Downthesun - "Downthesun" (2002)

Dragpipe - Music for the Last Day of Your Life (2002)

All one-album wonders and all fine examples of nu-metal being an unfairly maligned genre, Five Pointe O's album especially is phenomenal.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

KING 810 is the best Nu Metal band to come out of homicide filled Flint, Michigan, or the United States for that matter. They growl, scream, talk with a depressed voice. Man, I love King 810. DON'T DRINK THE WATER FLINT. I love Nu Metal, Rap Metal, I love all metal. I do not hate on any metal genres.