SLIPKNOT To Headline U.S. KNOTFEST Featuring DANZIG, FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH, VOLBEAT

The second installment of SLIPKNOT's Knotfest on October 24-26 in San Bernardino, California The Iowa-based band will headline two nights (Friday and Saturday) of the event, playing a different set each night, with more than two dozen othe acts filling out the rest of the the three-day bill. The Friday night festivities will serve as a pre-party bash for fans who purchase VIP or camping packages.Fans who purchase tickets to Knotfest will receive a digital copy of SLIPKNOT's new album when it's eventually released.As previously reported, 2014 will also see the debut of Knotfest Japan. Set for November 15 and November 16 at Makuhari Messe in Tokyo, Knotfest Japan will feature SLIPKNOT who performed at last year's Ozzfest Japan, which drew capacity crowds and wide critical acclaim. The two-day music festival, headlined by SLIPKNOT on both days, will feature a mix of more than 20 international and Japanese bands."Knotfest is a chance for SLIPKNOT to bring the sensory-overload of a wild European festival — and now we're coming for you, California," says SLIPKNOT percussionist Shawn "Clown" Crahan. "Playing two different sets over two nights at one location is a new experience in the history of this band. This year's Knotfests in the U.S. and Japan are going to be on another level."Early bird discounted tickets, as well as camping packages, for Knotfest at the San Manuel Amphitheater & Campgrounds in San Bernardino go on sale Monday, July 7, at 8 a.m. PT / 11 a.m. ET, with VIP packages available starting Wednesday, July 9. Knotfest in San Bernardino will feature performances by the following artists:SLIPKNOTDANZIGFIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCHVOLBEATKILLSWITCH ENGAGEANTHRAXOF MICE & MENBLACK LABEL SOCIETYTECH N9NETESTAMENTIN THIS MOMENTATREYUHATEBREEDHELLYEAHTHE DEVIL WEARS PRADACARCASSSUICIDE SILENCEDEVILDRIVERWHITECHAPELTHE FACELESSTHE BLACK DAHLIA MURDERMAXIMUM THE HORMONEUPON A BURNING BODYBUTCHER BABIESMISS MAY IVEIL OF MAYAONE OK ROCKKING 810ANTI MORTEMMAN WITH A MISSIONNOTHING MORECHELSEA GRINALTERBEASTSLIPKNOT vocalist Corey Taylor told The Pulse Of Radio in 2012 that the idea for Knotfest had been in the works for a long time. "We've been talking about the concept of Knotfest for years. That's something that we've been kind of throwing around since the 'Iowa' album cycle days. To be able to do it now, it was the time to do it. It's obviously a passion project — we have no idea how well they're gonna go, but at the same time, you know, this band has never shied from trying new things."Crahan said before the first Knotfest in 2012: "It's all about having fun and bringing something to the world of rock 'n' roll, bringing it to the standard it used to be. It's time for us to really engulf this idea known as Knotfest where we're in control, we make a day devoted to our mindset, our ideas, the people that we want to play with, the people that we think our fans want to be around."slipknotknotfestusa2014_638.jpgRead more... then come back and comment below.

There are actually a few bands there I wouldn't mind seeing. It would be surprising if Slipknot WEREN'T headlining a festival called Knotfest. On a slightly related note Slipknot were supposed to play at Leeds Festival 2008 which I attended but they cancelled because Joey Jordison had a broken leg or something BUT Metallica were playing as well and a few years before that Joey Jordison played with Metallica and filled in for Lars Ulrich because he was sick or something so I was wondering why Metallica wouldn't return the favor? Are they really that assholeish? There was even a plane in the sky that had a Slipknot banner despite the fact they'd cancelled and if I actually cared about seeing them it would have really annoyed me.

Anyone know what the fuck Carcass is doing on that bill? Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
Getting paid, I should hope... I don't enjoy them anymore, but they're the only band on the whole bill that I'd be interested to see. Maybe it's a plot! While all the bands are in one place, the organizers will erect a huge impenetrable dome over them, and dig a moat around it and fill it with flesh-eating beasts, and nobody will ever have to hear from any of them again. Pity Metallica isn't going. :D

Getting paid, I should hope... I don't enjoy them anymore, but they're the only band on the whole bill that I'd be interested to see. Maybe it's a plot! While all the bands are in one place, the organizers will erect a huge impenetrable dome over them, and dig a moat around it and fill it with flesh-eating beasts, and nobody will ever have to hear from any of them again. Pity Metallica isn't going. :D
Hopefully it will expose them to a new crowd and get those kids listening to something good. It's just crazy that Carcass would book Knotfest and Cannibal Corpse would book Gathering of the Juggalos in the same year. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

That Slipknot are more legit than ICP? Yeah it's debatable. I just say that because given the choice between listening to either I'd choose Slipknot anyday even though I'd rather listen to neither. It also helps that when I was very young I used to like Slipknot but I never found myself liking ICP even though I didn't hate rap. Also debatable, but I think maybe these bands are playing these festivals because Rock and Metal music isn't as popular in the mainstream as it was in the 90s and 2000s so that's why we see Death Metal bands playing at weird Rap/Rock festivals like the Juggalo one. Although... There are plenty of festivals that cater to the Rock/Metal crowd so maybe that argument isn't very strong. Eh, I dunno, I'm just stream-of-consciousness rambling now.

There are actually a few bands there I wouldn't mind seeing. It would be surprising if Slipknot WEREN'T headlining a festival called Knotfest. On a slightly related note Slipknot were supposed to play at Leeds Festival 2008 which I attended but they cancelled because Joey Jordison had a broken leg or something BUT Metallica were playing as well and a few years before that Joey Jordison played with Metallica and filled in for Lars Ulrich because he was sick or something so I was wondering why Metallica wouldn't return the favor? Are they really that assholeish? There was even a plane in the sky that had a Slipknot banner despite the fact they'd cancelled and if I actually cared about seeing them it would have really annoyed me.
That would be something to see, Lars filling in for Joey, that would be a sight for so many reasons . Ah well, I guess my imaginAtion will have to do. :) Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk