Metal Gallows (Webzine)

Satan.Spawn

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nunslaughter - Angelic Dread - Album Review Any death metal fanatic would be aware of NunSlaughter. These guys havent released a full length in about 7 years and 2014 is going to witness the end of that streak as the band is all set to release 'Angelic Dread' on HELLS HEADBANGERS on the 24th of this month.Metal Gallows writer -Ütakt- seems to love this release as he states in his review: "I’ve listened to the album 10+ times and I’m sure it will end up on my ‘Best Of 2014′ list if I ever make a list like that."Read his full album review here:Nunslaughter - Angelic Dread - Review | Metal Gallows

Vintersorg's 9th full length, 'Naturbal' is set to be released on Napalm Records on the 27th of this month. Metal Gallows writer Arvind Menon says : "The album ‘Naturbål’ by the band Vintersorg is something that can be described as a battle between two polarities of existence. By this I am meaning that this album truly depicts the intense struggle of darkness and light and finally how both coexist as one true entity." Read his full album review here: Vintersorg - Naturbål - Review | Metal Gallows

Anyone wanna hear some new melodic black metal? And NO! I'm not talking about any of that cheesy synth drowned nonsense. I'm talking about Valdrin's new release on Blast Head Records which is actually very good! "This band actually balances it out quite well with the melody and the abrasiveness. The trick that the band employs here is no matter how much havoc they wreck with their dark, raw riffs and tremolos, they always make sure to hook the song back to a melody that stays with the listener. " Read my full album review here:Valdrin - Beyond the Forest - Review | Metal Gallows

I guess it's safe to say that Dan Swan has a good taste in music. So when he mixes and produces the debut album for Finnish doom / death metal band Vainaja, expectations are bound to be high. Metal Gallows writer Armaan reviewed this album and you can check out his review here: Vainaja - Kadotetut | Metal Gallows The album is out on Svart Records

There is no dearth for bands in India. But in the metal realm, not many bands embrace the Indian culture in their music. Nigambodh is one exception. One has to listen to their music to hear their unique take on progressive music. Here's all you need to know about the band:Desi Metal of Nigambodh | Metal Gallows Writeup by Shashank Pande. Nigambodh is a part of the line-up at Outrage Festival India, set to happen on the 13th of next month.

Philadelphia hard rockers On Top released their new EP, 'Top to Bottom' on Horror Pain Gore Death Productions and it was reviewed by Metal Gallows writer V.Srikar. "With their new EP, the band here makes an attempt to spread their fan base and bring in the aggression that many other bands have lost on, and here they do it with style."Read his full album review here:On Top - Top to Bottom EP - Review | Metal Gallows

We have a new writer in our midst. After finally getting him to agree to write for Metal Gallows, I asked him which album he wanted to review first. Without a second's thought he said Alice in Chains's latest offering, 'The Devil put Dinosaurs here'. So without further ado, I present to you, the writing talents of Yash Kasana: Alice in Chains - The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here - Review | Metal Gallows

Every once in a while, all that you need from an album is a sense of fun. What better band to offer fun, than Australia's Super Fun Happy Slide?? The band recently released 'Drop your Pants & Grind' on Blastasfuk Records and it is one of the most fun albums I've listened to all year. Here is my review of the album: Super Fun Happy Slide - Drop Your Pants & Grind - Review | Metal Gallows

If you're looking for some vile and putrid death metal, look no further than Demonic Rage. This Chilean act's debut, 'Venomous Wine from the Putrid Bodies' recently got an LP release on Iron Bonehead Production. Metal Gallows writer Nemo Job, reviews it here: Demonic Rage - Venomous Wine from the Putrid Bodies LP - Review | Metal Gallows

Metal Gallows has another new writer. Say hello to Eirik Vandal from Norway. For his first review, Eirik disects Despot's debut 'Satan in the Death Row' (a one man black metal project from Brazil). Check out his album review here: Despot - Satan in the Death Row - Review | Metal Gallows The album is available for download at "name your price" on bandcamp. Find the bandcamp player at the end of the review

I've been listening to a lot of death metal in all its forms, old and new. So I did what I naturally do and wrote about them. Here are reviews of new (and old) albums from Misery Index, Rude and Vomiting Corpses : Deaths I Enjoyed Recently - Feat. Misery Index, Rude and Vomiting Corpses | Metal Gallows The albums are out on Season of Mist, FDA REKOTZ and Wardead Records respectively.

You may be familiar with Luke Hayhurst from his work at Destructive Music. I'm glad to announce that he is now a part of the writing team here at Metal Gallows too. For his first review Luke takes a look at 'Our Cult Continues' by Finnish doom mongers Cardinals Folly, about to be released on Shadow Kingdom Records. Read his review here: Cardinals Folly - Our Cult Continues - Review | Metal Gallows

League of Legends players might be aware of a band called Pentakill. For those who have no clue as to what I'm talking about, it is a band in an online game, that recently launched it's debut record, 'Smite and Ignite'. Metal Gallows writer Omesh, makes his writing debut with this review: Pentakill - Smite and Ignite - Review | Metal Gallows