Writing

Midi

I've scrapped almost the entire thing in the end. Re-writing it is making a difference but I'm still not happy with it. I have the same trouble writing lyrics I just can't translate the images I see into words effectively.
Maybe you can start from the feelings those images wake in you?

• 2 weeks later...
"the dastardly bastard with gasoline drippin off the back of a fat bitch lasso'd and draggin as I'm blastin the gas with the CCR spinnin, passionately graspin the PBR sippin" "dont mean to brag but bitch I party hard/jeffrey dahmer shaped pinatas in the backyard filled with bars/lesbionic bitches in the kitchen with syringes blowin kisses to some midgets huffing whip-its playing dentist" "float the bud keg till im gropin on a slut's leg trying to get her butt fed, no rubber, nuff said. leave her drawers blood red, trippin off the portabella, leave her sleepin, Cinderella, ass stretched like mozerella"
Fucking-A dude, this is the way I've always wanted to party. I hella' want to party with you and your lesbioninc bitches and their boy toy midgets. I will not drink PBR or any ant other stupid beer for that matter. but I'm down with a little CCR and the "Portabellas". Would you care to kick down a sample of your vocal styling for the good people of Metal Forum's Global Hub of Apriciation? Wicked love to hear it Bub!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 22-9-2014 at 2:49 AM, RelentlessOblivion said:

Turns out what I thought was just a speedbump is actually a brick wall. I've even tried re-writing the entire story with no success. Perhaps I should abandon this story for now and start writing something else.

If you ever need a sparring partner, I'm available. I write a lot and have joined a few writing forums, so I might be able to help. Sometimes all it takes is a fresh perspective.

Sadly I lost all that work when my old computer decided to commit suicide. I haven't really done much writing since.

EDIT: The draft mentioned above turned out to be a dead end. Turns out I actually hated the idea. Should have a first draft of another short story finished this week so if people are interested I'll post it here.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

I wrote quite a few stories and 2 novels but all of them are in my native language. Soon I'll be writing again and for the first time - in English. Then I'll write the same story in my language. It's gonna be an alternate ending of "The 100" - the way it should have ended. I'll just have to rewatch the tv show again (at season 3 right now) in order to hunt down some key moments I'll need for the story.

• 9 months later...

Thread necro time because it's raining out and I don't feel like unbogging the tractor.

I've written quite a bit over the years, many hours spent alone in the truck gave me all sorts of ideas and eventually I started to put them down rather than just remember them. So far I have 4 full length novels a heap of short stories and a few serials. They range from metal based stupidity to horror, to suspense to comedy, even to a kids book I wrote for my daughter. I never really wrote thinking that I'd get published, although I did try fairly hard once to make it happen, but I admit it was never serious because I never went down the path of agents and multiple proof readers etc I just went straight to the publishers. I've also done the Wattpad/Wordpress/etc path and had periods of more than 10,000 followers with up to 3000 views and maybe 500 comments a day. But in the end life got too busy and I just couldn't keep up with daily work, family and posting new stuff so writing took a back seat. While I never actually stopped writing the last few years I have gone months between putting ideas down. I do currently have another full length suspense novel in the works but I feel no pressure to finish it, along with the tons of other notes I have written that may or may not ever make a full length story.

• 1 month later...

I haven't done any creative writing since I took a class in college. Most of the writing I do is on forums and online. It's kind of a shame because I used to like to write, but I rarely have any inspiration to try and craft a story anymore. I think the last thing I wrote was a story about an AI that thought it was a human & experienced a malign paradigm shift when it "saw" it's reflection in a mirror and realized it was just a computer. It was about twenty five pages or so but it was on my old laptop and that one died, so I'd have to rewrite it if I wanted anyone to read it again. I remember I got a good grade on it, but it wasn't hard to get a good grade in creative writing because it was more about the way that you wrote rather than what you wrote.

I really need to get back to my writing, the worlds next best seller is sitting half finished on my computer.

Actually no it's not, but I still really should get back to it, not only is it relaxing and helps me wind down after a hard day it's pointless leaving another half finished story floating around until I forget the story line I was following.

With this years fire season not looking as bad as it's been in a while I might get some downtime this summer to do stuff.