What do you usually do while listening to music?

Recovery

2 hours ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

I usually sacrifice virgins upstairs on my altar in the spare bedroom in the evenings while the black metal plays. And occasionally the stray goat or even a groundhog if I can't find a suitable virgin. If it's earlier in the day or I'm driving or something then I usually just fantasize about the virgins I will be sacrificing later.

ArtStation - Virgin Sacrifice

I thought I was the only one, Cthulhu prefers kangaroos to goats though.

41 minutes ago, Miss_Teala said:

I sometimes do homework, although sometimes I can sing and dance a little bit along with the songs, haha.

Homework and music have never mix well for me, I can never pay attention to both, singing though definitely even if I bet plenty of people wish I wouldn’t

Just now, RelentlessOblivion said:

Homework and music have never mix well for me, I can never pay attention to both, singing though definitely even if I bet plenty of people wish I wouldn’t

It can work pretty well for me if it is something sweet and relaxing.
I am usually a real softie in general, so I tend to pick some pretty ballad or something, haha.
But it is usually the slightly more catchy songs that make me sing, smile and dance.

I was surprised that I ended up getting an interest in thrash metal music, since that genre is the complete opposite of my personality.
But that is one thing that makes it an exciting discovery for me. ^-^

26 minutes ago, Miss_Teala said:

It can work pretty well for me if it is something sweet and relaxing.
I am usually a real softie in general, so I tend to pick some pretty ballad or something, haha.
But it is usually the slightly more catchy songs that make me sing, smile and dance.

I was surprised that I ended up getting an interest in thrash metal music, since that genre is the complete opposite of my personality.
But that is one thing that makes it an exciting discovery for me. ^-^

I’ve found that metal in general appeals to people of many personality types, cultures, ages, and walks of life. I believe that’s the true power of music, being able to bring people together, and welcome by the way hope you enjoy your time here.

6 minutes ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

I’ve found that metal in general appeals to people of many personality types, cultures, ages, and walks of life. I believe that’s the true power of music, being able to bring people together, and welcome by the way hope you enjoy your time here.

Thaanks.^-^
Yeah you are right, I was just surprised that I ended up enjoying thrash metal music, since it is so completely different from what I usually listen to.
I am usually the kind of type who melts to pretty ballads and cries while watching romantic movies and things like that, so I sort of expected that thrash metal would be "too intense to handle" in a way - kind of like when someone is used to living life at a slow tempo and then suddenly is forced out on a demanding physical stressful quest, if you know what I mean.
But I did end up enjoying it a lot after all, haha.^-^

7 minutes ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

Yeah I get it, that’s just part of the magic and before you know it five, 10, nearly 20 years go bye and you barely remember the person who didn’t know much about maths… Or is that just me, then it’s definitely just me lol

Ah yeah, it does however seem like thrash metal is more popular among guys than girls, at least in my generation (I am 18).
I have made a couple attempts to introduce some of my female friends to thrash metal songs, but they seem quite shocked, and have more of an "nooo turn it off" type of reaction (I have tried playing songs like "Creeping Death" and "Mechanix" by Metallica and Megadeth).

I believe that the reason why I started discovering thrash metal at all was because my ex-boyfriend from a year back called some of his favourite songs something like that, and that was probably when I started to become curious about it in little steps.

17 minutes ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

Yeah thrash is definitely a love or hate it genre, you might have more luck showing your friends songs like One or Fade to Black.

Yeah, that is true.^-^
I will try those songs next time.

I like how those songs work really well as a bit of a "break" from faster songs, while at the same time being able to feel intense in their own way.
I recently saw Metallica's live video of that song from 1985, at Metal Hammer Festival, and they headbanged a lot during the parts between the verses.

Do you know why thrash metal music would seem more popular among guys, by the way?
I have always had that impression a lot.

2 hours ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

Metal in general is more popular with guys, in much the same way as rock, loud music must trigger The tribal brain in someway, the same thing is seen in rap another generally male dominated genre. I think it’s just a blokes are closer to our caveman ancestors LOL

Ah yeah, you are right.^-^
I have also noticed that my friends and I tend to have much more personal conversations than the guys that I know how hang out, like long talks about our feelings and concerns and giving each other advice about boyfriends and things like that. And also calling each other "cute" and saying "love you" to each other.
I don't typically see guys act that way, even though they are of course usually nice to each other - but they often seem more rough and tough with each other.
So this might make them more drawn to thrash metal on average.

• 1 month later...
On 2/4/2014 at 8:36 AM, Recovery said:

What do you usually do the most while listening to music?

Writing on forums. Sometimes I play games, mostly ETS2, but I avoid listening to music while driving bc it distracts me and I crash, if I'm not focused. Also because of an ALSA bug I can't hear the truck's engine, whenever music is playing along with the game.

I never listened to music while I was playing ETS2, unless I was just out for a run playing with different trucks or loads that I had downloaded. In career mode I generally didn't bother with music though. I clocked up something like 5000 hours on that damn game before giving up. I probably haven't played it for about 6-8 years now, I had all the official DLC's that were current at the time and I had a heap of extra loads and trucks and countries including the ProMods packs.

12 minutes ago, KillaKukumba said:

I never listened to music while I was playing ETS2, unless I was just out for a run playing with different trucks or loads that I had downloaded. In career mode I generally didn't bother with music though. I clocked up something like 5000 hours on that damn game before giving up. I probably haven't played it for about 6-8 years now, I had all the official DLC's that were current at the time and I had a heap of extra loads and trucks and countries including the ProMods packs.

Nowadays it's very different than v1.1.1, you'll hardy recognise it. ProMods sucks, full of bugs and invisible walls, the game constantly crashes out of the blue when using ProMods.

Not long ago I found the perfect sound mod of an Euro3 engine for Scania and now that engine sound is all the music I need while driving. :D 

I can't remember the last version I had, I've still got all the emails and download packs on the server here but I can't be bothered ratting through them. I used to like driving on the Russian roads with some of the impossibly large loads. Heading down winding dirt tracks full of bog holes that swallowed trucks. Finding the exact line which often wasn't even on the road, mostly because of the bugs, was more fun than just cruising down the highway.

• 1 month later...
On 2/14/2022 at 9:51 AM, RelentlessOblivion said:

It's ok oblivion I've got ear defenders for when people like you sing. Well worth it 😉

On 2/14/2022 at 9:51 AM, RelentlessOblivion said:

It's ok oblivion I've got ear defenders for when people like you sing. Well worth it 😉