Dream cars.

RelentlessOblivion

ok so not sure exactly where to put this thread (or if someone else has created one already) but I thought i'd start a thread for people to talk about cars, no scratch that, about the cars they are interested in whether they be hotrods, classic cars, exotic cars i.e. Ferrari, or tuners like the Toyota Supra or Nissan Skyline

Re: Cars HECK YEAH! :mrgreen: This is the right place. Actually, I've been away from cars for quite a while, but seriouswheels.com is a great place to keep up with new cars being produced. D'you think we could also mention motorbikes and trucks/SUVs here? I ask because TMA made a bicycling thread but people mistook it for a motorbikes thread. I used to be a huge import fan, Need For Speed Underground 2 was great even when you were just customizing your car, let alone racing. Nowadays my enthusiasm is less fervent than it used to be and I prefer more subdued designs as far as paint and vinyls are concerned. Probably my favorite import was the Mazda RX-7 Spirit R. Now I base this solely on my experience with it in Forza Motorsport, but the handling was wonderful, acceleration was great and higher-gear speed wasn't too shabby either. I also had an awesome Toyota MR-2 variant, but it was one of the older ones, not the Spyder. Oh, and I still will pick up a nice Hot Wheels car if I see one. :mrgreen:

Re: Cars My favourite car I've owned was a Lotus Elise S2. Brilliant car in the dry but not in the wet/damp which we have a lot of in the UK. That' why it's not owned any more, every time I was out in the bad weather it tried to kill me. Now drive a Smart Roadster, still fun without the speed and it trying to kill me. :lol:

Re: Cars

My favourite car I've owned was a Lotus Elise S2. Brilliant car in the dry but not in the wet/damp which we have a lot of in the UK. That' why it's not owned any more, every time I was out in the bad weather it tried to kill me. Now drive a Smart Roadster, still fun without the speed and it trying to kill me. :lol:
A Smart Roadster? Wouldn't the drag tip the car over backwards if you've going faster than 70 kph? Wow...a Lotus Elise. Excellent choice. :) Costs about as much as a Porsche Boxter and looks much cooler. Apparently their factory is located round about where my ancestors on my Dad's side lived. We have precisely the opposite. My dad tried to find the safest car that we could get in our budget when we moved back here to the US, and we settled on a Ford Crown Victoria. Unfortunately, we were living in Houston, where many people drove big pickup trucks like Dodge Rams, GMC Sierras, Chevy Avalanches and Ford F-250 and 350s. Oh, and SUV's like the Ford Excursion, Cadillac Escalade and Hummer H2 were also popular, so our car was often dwarfed on the road.

Re: Cars Hey Hey, CARRRRRRSSSSSS!!! I love looking at hot supercars and my all-time favourite is the Pagani Zonda!!! My real driving experience is less glamorous - a mini, a Ford focus, a Peugeot 206 and a Mazda 6, though I do think that the Mazda is pretty swish. Satan 59, I agree that the Lotus Elise is droolingly gorgeous though I can't imagine driving the thing - it looks so crampt :lol: ! Also, Iceni, since you like RX-7 what do you think to the RX-8? I love it, especially the cool way the doors open.

Re: Cars Easy to get in & out of once you've mastered it. Got a mate who's a power lifter and there's no way he can get in unless the roofs off. There're quite roomy once your in, it's the getting in that's the problem. The Smart is far easier as an every day drive and it will do over 100mph, so plenty fast enough with all the police around. If I could own anything it would be a Hennessey Venom GT, http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/venomgt.html, a stretched Lotus Exige with awesome power.

Re: Cars my all time favourite car is the Lamborghini Diablo, firstly it is a stunning car to look at (then again aren't most Lambos) secondly it's got breathtaking acceleration, and thirdly the engine makes a terrific noise (or at least it does in video games) and yes Iceni feel free to talk about motorbikes etc, I prefer cars to bikes but I do like looking at those old Harleys, those things make a hell of a great noise too

Also' date=' Iceni, since you like RX-7 what do you think to the RX-8? I love it, especially the cool way the doors open.[/quote'] RX-8 is nice (my Hungarian neighbor at home has one) but I definitely prefer the RX-7. Not the early ones, but the later models that look a bit like C5 Corvettes.

Re: Cars As far as English cars are concerned I like the Jaguar XJ220 as I already said, but my brother's a big fan of TVRs. For cosmetic appeal alone I don't think you can beat the Vector W12. Stunning car, but for some reason its designers put a Lambo V12 that made only a respectable 492hp into it, with no turbos or anything of the sort. The stupid thing is that they had a monster of a V8 available which made anywhere from 600 to a stunningly powerful 1200hp. They put it in the Vector WX3 in 600hp tune and the car did 0-60 in 3.3 seconds and had a top speed of 250 mph. The engine choice was probably a matter of price - the car cost well over $1 million to build.

so far as a technical acheivment the Bugatti Veyron is a phenomenal car' date=' to produce a car capable of over 400 kilometers per hour (250+ MPH) but it's so ugly to look at, visually like I said the Aston Martin DB9 Volante, also I love the look of the McLaren F1[/quote']

The W16 engine was indeed a stroke of ingenuity. As it turns out the fastest production car in the world is the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport. AAARRGGH. SSC needs to tune their Aero TT a bit more. Hopefully that Hennessey Venom will exceed the Veyron. The McLaren F1 is like the Iron Maiden of sports cars, I don't think anyone actually doesn't like it.

Re: Cars ok so since it's been a little while with no activity in this thread this is a little game I used to play with my mates at school, basically you pick your dream garage (there's a ten car limit by the way) this is mine Jaguar E-Type Lamborghini Murcielargo Spyder Aston Martin DB9 Volante 1969 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Ford XYGT Falcon Porsche Carrera GT Mercedes SLR McLaren McLaren F1 Ferrari F40 Pagani Zonda F Roadster

ok so since it's been a little while with no activity in this thread this is a little game I used to play with my mates at school, basically you pick your dream garage (there's a ten car limit by the way) 1969 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Ferrari F40
I assume this discounts accidents and oil price spikes? :D Nah, my favorite Stingrays are the '63-'67 models. Much better styling and pretty good acceleration last I remember. My brother loves the F40. Anyhow, here's mine: Vector WX3 (perhaps with the maximum tune 1200hp engine...) Jaguar XJ220TWR RuF CTR3 Vision K2 Modified BMW M3 Mercedes CLK 63 AMG Black Edition Modified Pontiac Firebird WS6 1968 Pontiac Firebird 400 HO (modified?) 1971 Plymouth Hemi 'Cuda (modified?) and to cheese off all the spoiled rap-bumpers in their Imprezas, Cobalts, Civics and Celicas, should they challenge me to a drag race... A highly modified street-sleeper Buick GNX OR Ford Fairlane Thunderbolt. :mrgreen:

Re: Cars nah I've got a better way to really cheese them off, get one of the original Mini Coopers, rip out the engine and rear seats and use the boot + rear of the car to fit a twin turbocharged V8 like the one in the Koenigsig (I have absolutely no idea how that's spelt) CCX developing over 800 horsepower, imagine the embarassment they'd feel when they had to tell their fellow "gangstas" that their WRX got trashed by a Mini

Re: Cars All this talk of cars is terrific, but you know what I find the single most annoying think about them? It's the fact that the manufacturers make the most increadibly cool cars - but then don't sell them. They just call it a concept car and hawk it around a couple of car shows. I mean, have you seen the new one Lambourghini has produced http://cars.uk.msn.com/news/one-off-new-lamborghini-aventador-j-roadster-revealed? I think that it is so cool yet this is the only one. Ever. Evvveeeerrrrrrr. Bah!

• 1 month later...

Re: Cars There's no way a Torana would beat a good Firebird Trans Am. In particular, a Ram Air IV for 1970 or a 400 HO from 1968 will do 0-60 in 5.6 seconds, about the same time as a Hemi-equipped Challenger. And a good Firebird will thrash a Camaro easily. Nothing short of a Yenko or ZL1 would do in a race with a Trans Am. Technically, the Mustang, Camaro, Challenger, 'Cuda and Firebird are pony cars, not muscle cars. That said, when you fit a generally smaller pony car with a big-block muscle car engine (as Mopar very cleverly did) you'll probably get a faster vehicle.