Welcome to Metal Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

satan 59

The Beard thread.

92 posts in this topic
57 minutes ago, GorboGorboze said:

A very impressive production Jeffery, but you might ought to hide the craft a little and keep the fussy regimen details under your hat. Though perhaps I ought to google Biotin, come to think of it.

Ah come on, Gorbo - I know you're an advocate for the power of the mysterious and ineffable, but surely that doesn't extend to avoiding discussion of beard-grooming tips and tricks in the very thread where they're most pertinent. Perhaps, given your recent acquiescence to your own inner tonsor, you find yourself less likely to be a staunch champion of hirsute heroics? I, for one, value the generous (and I daresay brave) contribution Jeffery's made to our discourse, furthering the laudable goal of maximal beardedness for the greatest number.

I have been growing a beard and taking it seriously for well over a year now. Beard oil, beard conditioner/shampoo/wash, and the right comb(s) is crucial to maintaining a healthy and good-looking beard. Also, a healthy diet is incredibly important and some growers use Biotin for healthy and fast growth. 

MrJeffHale01.thumb.jpe.0663d5d0972f01b4d4a3ca2cb38364b7.jpe

Nice. I recently trimmed mine up, but it's about that long. It's thinner than I would like though, as my infant daughter likes to use my beard as a handle, and there are some inevitable losses from it.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

All right, all right, I acquiesce. This is the time and the place. You know, I wash my beard with borax and then rinse it with vinegar. Well now, it's not a beard, it is muttonchops, so there's that. It's also stalled out a bit, so it may be time to star downing some raw egg yoke and mixing up a little brewers yeast, molasses and kefir. What's the consensus among my fellow beards-men here, does that sound like a good approach?

I have been growing a beard and taking it seriously for well over a year now. Beard oil, beard conditioner/shampoo/wash, and the right comb(s) is crucial to maintaining a healthy and good-looking beard. Also, a healthy diet is incredibly important and some growers use Biotin for healthy and fast growth.

MrJeffHale01.thumb.jpe.0663d5d0972f01b4d4a3ca2cb38364b7.jpe

Highly impressive old chap.

37 minutes ago, MacabreEternal said:

I am currently growing a beard, although I still resemble an old man as it is just white.

Still trying to bamboozle Interpol, huh?

MacabreEternal gave this Horns Up!

Not sure if I should grow one or not, my Dad said I should get sideburns like Lemmy so we'll see I guess hehe. Gonna take awhile though.

Right now I look like fuckin Shaggy -_-

Mine is coming back in nicely. That six month shaving excursion sucked, I'm glad that I'm not hacking up my face anymore. I don't think I'll let it get really long again, I'll probably just keep it around and inch or two like it is now. My girls are happy about it too.

FatherAlabaster gave this Horns Up!

Feel like yourself again? I still have the same "short beard with no mustache" thing going on. I shaved for a little while right when we moved but it wasn't making me happy.

Feel like yourself again? I still have the same "short beard with no mustache" thing going on. I shaved for a little while right when we moved but it wasn't making me happy.

As much as I can at the moment. Now if I could just get the hair to stop sprouting up everywhere else...

21 minutes ago, BlutAusNerd said:

As much as I can at the moment. Now if I could just get the hair to stop sprouting up everywhere else...

It's your dwarvish blood. Just wait till you have to teach your daughters how to shave. :D

21 minutes ago, BlutAusNerd said: As much as I can at the moment. Now if I could just get the hair to stop sprouting up everywhere else...

It's your dwarvish blood. Just wait till you have to teach your daughters how to shave.

That's honestly been a concern of mine. Both of them have thick hair like mine, but I'm hoping that they take after my wife when it comes to body hair. Otherwise, they've got an uphill battle ahead of them.

Posted (edited)

I am all for "it's your face, grow your beard down to your knees, if you want to", I do prefere some facial hair like the  "musketeer" style, side burns or a single braided beard. But as for wild bushy beards or hipster beards...ehrm, no!

However with that said, if I was a guy I would grow a beard...I would wear it in spikes, hang skull led lamps in the ends, and go around scaring the shyte out of everybody *lol*

download (1).jpg

Edited by Torturga
Silly spelling error

I've never really had a proper beard because even after a day of not shaving I find the whiskers quite annoying. After two days it's on like donkey kong and at that point I shave it. I guess I should probably grow a beard at least once in my lifetime...