Welcome to Metal Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to stalk this  
Stalkers 0
Black Iron Priest

Most underrated Iron Maiden song(s)

56 posts in this topic
39 minutes ago, MacabreEternal said:

You know what?  Until this post I had never realised how true a statement this is.  Both "Mother Russia" and the album should stand up better than most give credit to either for. 

I think so. Songs like 'Holy Smoke' and 'Hooks in You' are great songs. 'Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter' is completely daft but good fun. 'Tailgunner' is an 'Aces High' rip-off but not a terrible song. 'Run Silent Run Deep' is great too. I'm concluding that 'No Prayer for the Dying' is a good album. 

Regarding 'Piece of Mind' it's a very front loaded album. The first five songs are all great: 'Where Eagles Dare', 'Revelations', 'Flight of Icarus' (hell yeah!), 'Die With Your Boots On' and 'The Trooper'. Then the last four are pretty ordinary. Still, five out of nine means a very good album in my book. 

I bought 'Live After Death' yesterday too. I thought it was time I had that masterpiece. The booklet is really fascinating - the daily schedule on tour in particular is very insightful. Man, I wish I was involved in one of those large scale tours back in the 80s. I couldn't think of anything more fun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Holy Smoke" is my fave off No Prayer.

It shall be put in a playlist next to Ozzy's "Miracle Man", for obvious reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Skull_Kollektor said:

"Holy Smoke" is my fave off No Prayer.

It shall be put in a playlist next to Ozzy's "Miracle Man", for obvious reasons.

Two great songs there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Requiem said:

I think so. Songs like 'Holy Smoke' and 'Hooks in You' are great songs. 'Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter' is completely daft but good fun. 'Tailgunner' is an 'Aces High' rip-off but not a terrible song. 'Run Silent Run Deep' is great too. I'm concluding that 'No Prayer for the Dying' is a good album. 

There's some real turkeys on this album too though, now I am actually sat here listening.  "Public Enema Number One" is just pure filler and "Fates Warning" is completely unmemorable.  I am amazed I forgot about "The Assassin" - the worst track I think I have ever heard from Maiden.  I am having some difficulties with "Hooks In You", it moves beyond catchy and almost falls into the realm of "lazy".  It is poorly placed just before "Bring Your Daughter.." too.  Not as strong a record as I thought now i am listening over again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MacabreEternal said:

There's some real turkeys on this album too though, now I am actually sat here listening.  "Public Enema Number One" is just pure filler and "Fates Warning" is completely unmemorable.  I am amazed I forgot about "The Assassin" - the worst track I think I have ever heard from Maiden.  I am having some difficulties with "Hooks In You", it moves beyond catchy and almost falls into the realm of "lazy".  It is poorly placed just before "Bring Your Daughter.." too.  Not as strong a record as I thought now i am listening over again.

In fairness my assessment is based on a decades long fantasy that may have little bearing on the truth. I'll have to give it a listen although I'm afraid of what I might hear haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't mind any of the tracks mentioned above. I can stand them all. I actually fancy "The Assassin" and I could sing along to the chorus of any of them, so yes, it's a pretty decent album if you ask me... it's just that what came before was better and what came immediately after had higher highs (but lower lows too)!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to stalk this  
Stalkers 0