Welcome to Metal Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to stalk this  
Stalkers 0
Black Iron Priest

Most underrated Iron Maiden song(s)

56 posts in this topic

Today I listened through both The Number of the Beast and Piece of mind. 22 Acacia Avenue really stuck out to me; it always has, but today something just clicked. With that, I would like to ask you: what do you think is the most underrated Iron Maiden song? Besides the big hits that most people love, what is your favorite Iron Maiden song, or what song do you think gets overlooked?

u know the best thing abt maiden? all songs are really great. some ppl just stick to some songs...but u should get thgeir whole discography. i m sure u wont b dissapointed. the following all some songs to get u started. have fun! 1. purgatory 2. invaders 3. sea of madness 4. still life 4. losfer words 5. the assasin 6. no prayer for the dying 7. mother russia 8. montsegur 9. no more lies 10. the pilgrim 11. the mercenary 12. the educated fool 13. the unbeliever 14. dont talk to strangers 15. blood on the world's hands. i m a hard-core maiden fan and i know it becoz maiden has no competotion in teh metal world except for judas priest and dio!!!

Have to disagree. Maiden have a reasonable discography but with one exception there's nothing worth hearing after Fear Of The Dark. No doubt there are songs Maiden fans don't rate as highly as they could but that doesn't make them under-rated songs in a broader sense.

I think moonchild is extremely under-rated, for me its possibly the best opening song ever, it just builds and builds at a great galloping pace and Bruce just spits out the lyrics with fury - Epic

I actually thought Futureal was a pretty good song, even though I'm not a big Bailey fan.

Sign of the Cross (live version though), Dream of Mirrors, No More Lies, Moonchild, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, Alexander the Great, Afraid to Shoot Strangers, Deja Vu, The Thin Line Between Love and Hate...so many actually.

Sign of the Cross (live version though)' date=' Dream of Mirrors, No More Lies, Moonchild, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, Alexander the Great, Afraid to Shoot Strangers, Deja Vu, The Thin Line Between Love and Hate...so many actually.[/quote'] Which verison. Bruce on vocals or Blaze on vocals on the sign of the cross. Live verison.

Yeah yobo I had that cd As well. That was very good. Bruce. Did a excellent. Apporch to it another underrated. Iron maiden song was virus. From the best of the beast. Greatest hits CDs

Re: Most underrated Iron Maiden song(s) I think both Bruce and Blaze did a great job on Sign Of The Cross. Personally I think gangland is one of their most underrated songs.

I love everything on ssoass but moonchild and can i play with madness r my favourites. I think that brave new world, wrathchild and die with your boots on r really underrated tho.

Nothing post-Blaze can be considered under-rated. Even AMOLAD, the best album of the four, is only average. With you on DWYBO but Wrathchild gets played all the time live and so can't be under-rated.