Who was baptized?

hrabia

• 7 months later...

Hedging your bets? I get it but personally think agnostics might as well call themselves atheists. Atheist is certainly the tag for me and will be until I experience something which convinces me otherwise.

That's it! You can call it however you want. 

But when I said that my family isn't really religious, I didn't express myself right. (sometimes When I write in English, I think in Serbian instead of English and then I don't say something right, hah) They aren't atheists.

They just aren't those people who go on church on Sunday, stick to the Bible or whatever. They grew up in the communist era, so they don't have that habit. Yet, they believe.

Yeah my family is a bit the same. Used to be regular church goers and boy am I glad that stopped. Church attendance is not the standard by which faith is measured for the record.

Funny though I still wear my cross, or would if it hadn't broken and fall off somewhere, but it's a good luck charm for me not an expression of faith.

Kind of the same as Sugar Pill, since we are both from former Yugoslavia. But still i wasnt baptized..maybe because my parents both have different religions..so they kind of mixed the both in to our traditions.. but never made anything official with the kids. And im very happy for this. I consider myself an agnostic.. well because i just cant explain the world. And i have no right to say what is and what isnt..except for the evil and good in men kind. So..whatever, maybe there is, maybe there isnt.

Where I am church is mandatory or you are automatically a heathen if you do not go. Yet when you do go to church you are told that you are3 going to hell unless you for over money. In the south they are selling Jesus and treating churches like starbucks or wallmart.. At one point I was a youth minister but when my life went bad, all I was told was that if I prayed hard enough things would get better. So I did that and nothing got better it got worse, lost everything that I loved and had worked for. I became homeless, jobless, and wifeless, asking the church for help. All I got was the answer that it was all part of god's will. That answer wasn't good enough me and I turned my back on the church ever since then.  As far as what I believe I will say this to everyone, mind your own business. I do not preach my ideals and I aspect others to do the same.

Edited by HellKell

"selling skin, selling god, the numbers look the same on their credit cards"

It's common courtesy, I'm not going around trying to push atheism on people, I should be able to go through my day without having people pushing their faith on me. For the most part they're actually subtle about which I don't mind so much 'cause once I say I'm not interested they back off. The JW though I have a REAL problem with but that's because the 2 times now I've encountered them have been extremely confrontational.

Mostly down here it is these Holy Rollers that get on my nerves. Mostly the ones from my partners family, they were such jerks. Always talking about the end of times and that Obama is the anti-Christ. How me and my partner were going to hell cause we had a child out of wedlock, and that we never attend church. Then they would harp on my mother in-law cause of her mental illness and say that you should just pray it away and that medications were a waste of time and the devil's invention. I could go on and on on all the crap they did and what vipers they are but I will stop. I have received more kindness and love from Pagans, Muslims, Atheists, etc.. than I have from that clan of inbreed @#$%^@%^$#%@$%$%&^&@$%@$%%&&*^^(*(>L::"L?K  anyways, yeah.... So I treat everyone with respect no matter what they represent as long as they respect me and my family/friends.

Sounds a little like my experience with the JW. Twice now I've had them stop me going about my business to tell me I need to convert immediately and that I'm only blind because I haven't accepted god into my life. I didn't even waste my breath explaining that I'm vision impaired not blind. Just laughed and walked away.

• 2 months later...

My family is not religious to say the least. When I started to be curious about religion and decided to read the bible, I was mocked and laughed at. It didn't stop me. I read the bible from cover to cover several times, I also read the Qu'ran and the Kaballah.  I find religion interesting but I am not religious at all. 

As for being baptized, as was the question, yes, I was baptized in 1994 in a Satanic circle. My Satanic name is Astaroth and I have 3 blood brothers who were baptized on the same night. I am however not Satanic, because believing in Satan would mean having to believe in God. It was after all the Christians who demonized the Pagan God Pan and turned him in to Satan therefore Satan and Christianity are directly linked. 

Funny enough I do live my life according to the 11 rules of the Satanic church so I guess that makes me a complete hypocrite. 

That doesn't make you a hypocrite. Finding a set of moral rules or goals that makes sense to you doesn't necessarily have anything to do with whether or not you accept whatever supernatural baggage they might come along with. What are your eleven precepts, if you don't mind sharing? There's a non-theistic satanic temple in the USA that has seven. 

3 minutes ago, FatherAlabaster said:

That doesn't make you a hypocrite. Finding a set of moral rules or goals that makes sense to you doesn't necessarily have anything to do with whether or not you accept whatever supernatural baggage they might come along with. What are your eleven precepts, if you don't mind sharing? There's a non-theistic satanic temple in the USA that has seven. 

The 11 rules of the Satanic church:

1. Do not give opinions or advice unless asked.

2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them

3. When in anothers lair, show him respect or else don't go there

4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy

5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal

6. Do not take what doesn't belong to you unless it's a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved

7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon with success, you will lose all you obtained

8. Do not complain about anything which you need not subject yourself

9. Do not harm little children

10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food

11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him

I really need to get my self a lair, I mean I've got one sort of, but it is cramped cold and has no running water. It's a shit lair really, and it's borrowed from my mom. My new years resolution is to get a proper lair.

It's weird about Satanism, I think. I get the use of it as a protest, but I dig what I think I hear you saying Sisa, that it is derivative.

Those eleven rules are interesting in a way, but they sound like a game in a way, not a fully developed code. Not to put them down out of hand, They might deserve more consideration, but the dark edge to them seems self indulgent and a little dorky. What ever though, it is my kind of dorky maybe. I mean having a lair appeals to me, so that says it all doesn't it.

#7 is unsolicited advice, and ought to be prohibited by #1, so I guess I'm a nerd as well as a dork.

#8 is brilliant.

I was pretty impressed with the book "The Four Agreements". Totally different than Satanism I'd say, but comparable only in as much as it is a code to live by.

Is is the Toltec book. It is basically about how we build a story about who we are and what the world is like, mostly with the magical power of normal spoken words.

the rules, agreements in this case, as I recall them are~

Be impeccable with your word.

Do not make assumptions.

Do not take anything personally.

Always do your best.

Thanks for typing out the Satanic rules, I'd never seen them.