Whatcha Eatin'?

RelentlessOblivion

It's only boring if one lets it. Between bites I can sleep, read a book, star gaze (at night), contemplate my navel, the activities are endless. Although if one knows the places to go the time between bites is not enough to get bored. As for the smell, ya must be doing it wrong, it's no worse than spending a day in the cattle shed castrating young bulls.

Actually that's another feast I can provide if anyone wants it, bulls testicles on toast, you bring the toast

I don't do squid any more, got a mate that owns a pizza shop who can cook squid better than me so I let him, and I really don't need their black shit all over the boat. Crabbing isn't something I've done much. We catch a lot of crabs on hooks along the coast, but they are generally too small for food and my wife is allergic to shellfish so prawns is really as close as I get to catching or keeping shellfish these days.

I just don’t have the patience to sit on a bus for an hour and a half to get to the beach carrying rods, a tacklebox, and esky in case I do catch something… Not helped by the fact I’m the only one in my admittedly small group of friends who likes fishing, also definitely the only person in my family these days. 

Yeah I know the feeling, very few of the people I see regularly are into fishing and those who are work 9-5 jobs making it harder to just up and piss off during the week. My missus wont have a bar of it, she wont even touch the fish unless they are cooked. I'm lucky I like my own company and  can just get in the car and drive off to beach when I want to.

Just had a cheese and cucumber melted sandwich 😋

Also made the vege spag Bolognese for tomorrow. It's very good. Added slightly too much oregano but with extra cheese 🧀 it tastes great. The chunky carrot is bit different but I like it. I rarely cook a meal like this but it's mother's Day tomorrow so I made the effort. The Linda mc cartney mince I thinks surprisingly good. Never tried this brand before. 

Anyone else preparing food for mother's day

Melted cucumber? I'd have tried to melt the cheese :P

We don't have mother's day here until the first Sunday in May so I feel that anything I prepare now for anyone's mother would be wasted.

I did make a meatloaf the other day that we are still eating. It doesn't sing like a Bat Out Of Hell but it tastes good and was easy to make so 2 outta three aint bad.

On 3/22/2022 at 10:51 PM, GoatmasterGeneral said:

All I'll say is try to hang on to your knickers big boy, and don't scream too loud. And don't even think about stage diving if you're over 15 stone, it wouldn't be fair to all the screaming women

GG your right re women liking magnum.  I played some magnum to my mum and she was very very angry I didn't buy her a ticket 🤣 tbh I got the tickets as an alternative to watching nothing but metal shows. It's good to mix it up a bit for me. Plus I like there music somewhat. I bet there good live band.

What rock bands would you like to see? I know you like rock music. You've mentioned it on other posts. 

How old is your mum?

Rock bands? Well a lot of the rock bands I'd like to see are old men now and they're either dead or no longer touring or just too old and decrepit for me to care about seeing live anymore. Like: Zeppelin, Bad Co, Sabbath, AC/DC, Trower, Thin Lizzy, Skynyrd... But there are some bands I did have a chance to see back when they were still in their prime: Ramones, Riot, ZZ Top, Heart, Molly Hatchet, Circus of Power, Ted Nugent...but I wouldn't have much interest in seeing them now.  Which I guess makes me an ageist, but I just can't get excited about the prospect of seeing 70+ year old men prance around onstage. I'm not a big classic rock guy in general, so there really aren't very many of those old 70's rock bands I grew up listening to on the radio that I'd have any desire to see even if they were still in their prime. 

Now as far as rock bands from the last 25 years or so that are curently active and still (somewhat) in their prime, most of the modern day rock bands I'm into have a bit of a punk flavor to them, or punk overtones. I guess everyone has their own idea of where the line between rock music and punk rock lies, it can definitely blur for me as a bunch of these bands I dig seem to have one foot on each side of that line. Now I happen to really like punk rock, but I know a lot of other people don't. So I reckon a lot of the bands I dig are probably not going to have any appeal to certain people.

Many of my favorites can be found on that hard rock thread Marky Mark started a couple of weeks ago, I made a list of like 30 albums. I don't really listen to any soft-cock, chick-friendly, knicker-lobbing bands like Magnum though. Not judging though, to each his own, obviously everyone's free to be into whatever they're into. My idea of good rock music is probably a bit harder than most people's, some folks might even consider some of these to be heavy metal bands, I don't know. But to me these are some of the best rock bands, you really can't go wrong with any of these:

2 Headed Dogs - The Engine is On

Supersuckers - The Evil Powers of Rock 'N' Roll  

The Mud City Manglers - Heart Full of Hate

Peter Pan Speedrock - Buckle Up And Shove It!

Zeke - Kicked in the Teeth

Monster Magnet - Monolithic Baby! 

All Them Witches - Dying Surfer Meets His Maker

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - B.M.R.C.

Riot - Restless Breed

Circus of Power - Vices

23 hours ago, KillaKukumba said:

Melted cucumber? I'd have tried to melt the cheese :P

We don't have mother's day here until the first Sunday in May so I feel that anything I prepare now for anyone's mother would be wasted.

I did make a meatloaf the other day that we are still eating. It doesn't sing like a Bat Out Of Hell but it tastes good and was easy to make so 2 outta three aint bad.

Oh yeah. Melted cucumber requires proper industrial equipment lol😉 to do melted sandwich I toast bread. Make sandwich with cheese chunks. Microwave it till cheese is melted then I put in some slices of cucumber. Very posh English 🇬🇧😁

Re mother's day dinner. Never too early to be ready and make it. Might be mouldy or eaten by mice. At least you showed willing. 😉

2 out of 3 re meatloaf. Not bad. My taste is gone today. So if I'd eaten the spag Bolognese or dog food 🐶🐕 blind test today I probably wouldn't have noticed the difference 😊

I stopped cooking for family years ago when Good Friday and my Dad's birthday fell on the same day. Since my mum has always done the Fish Friday thing on Good Friday I decided to cook the entire family some deep fried flake (shark). I spent ages preparing and cooking enough for everyone only to have them all bitch and complain. It wasn't hot enough, it didn't taste good, it was overcooked, it was undercooked, it took too long, and the list went on. So I told them all to shove it where the sun don't shine and I haven't cooked for anyone in my family for over a decade.

1 hour ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

How old is your mum?

Rock bands? Well a lot of the rock bands I'd like to see are old men now and they're either dead or no longer touring or just too old and decrepit for me to care about seeing live anymore. Like: Zeppelin, Bad Co, Sabbath, AC/DC, Trower, Thin Lizzy, Skynyrd... But there are some bands I did have a chance to see back when they were still in their prime: Ramones, Riot, ZZ Top, Heart, Molly Hatchet, Circus of Power, Ted Nugent...but I wouldn't have much interest in seeing them now.  Which I guess makes me an ageist, but I just can't get excited about the prospect of seeing 70+ year old men prance around onstage. I'm not a big classic rock guy in general, so there really aren't very many of those old 70's rock bands I grew up listening to on the radio that I'd have any desire to see even if they were still in their prime. 

Now as far as rock bands from the last 25 years or so that are curently active and still (somewhat) in their prime, most of the modern day rock bands I'm into have a bit of a punk flavor to them, or punk overtones. I guess everyone has their own idea of where the line between rock music and punk rock lies, it can definitely blur for me as a bunch of these bands I dig seem to have one foot on each side of that line. Now I happen to really like punk rock, but I know a lot of other people don't. So I reckon a lot of the bands I dig are probably not going to have any appeal to certain people.

Many of my favorites can be found on that hard rock thread Marky Mark started a couple of weeks ago, I made a list of like 30 albums. I don't really listen to any soft-cock, chick-friendly, knicker-lobbing bands like Magnum though. Not judging though, to each his own, obviously everyone's free to be into whatever they're into. My idea of good rock music is probably a bit harder than most people's, some folks might even consider some of these to be heavy metal bands, I don't know. But to me these are some of the best rock bands, you really can't go wrong with any of these:

2 Headed Dogs - The Engine is On

Supersuckers - The Evil Powers of Rock 'N' Roll  

The Mud City Manglers - Heart Full of Hate

Peter Pan Speedrock - Buckle Up And Shove It!

Zeke - Kicked in the Teeth

Monster Magnet - Monolithic Baby! 

All Them Witches - Dying Surfer Meets His Maker

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - B.M.R.C.

Riot - Restless Breed

Circus of Power - Vices

Cool thanks for the links old boy😉. I will check em out. Will probably dislike them all. Yeah if I like any I will let you know on that other thread. Thanks👍

My mum is 72. She's not really a rock fan. Bruce Springsteen is about as rock as my mum gets. Magnum sound similar to that kind of music. The mechanic at work thought magnum sound bit like foreigner. I reckon he's on to something with that. Certainly vocals do go a bit Lou gramm at times. 

37 minutes ago, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

Cool thanks for the links old boy😉. I will check em out. Will probably dislike them all.

What makes you think you'll not like any of them? They're rock bands. Surely at least one of them would tickle your fancy.

So if you don't like black metal or death metal or hard rock then just exactly what kind of music do you like? Are you one of those 80's mainstream heavy metal only blokes?

I just don’t have the patience to sit on a bus for an hour and a half to get to the beach carrying rods, a tacklebox, and esky in case I do catch something… Not helped by the fact I’m the only one in my admittedly small group of friends who likes fishing, also definitely the only person in my family these days. We all have days like that sometimes killer C, take solace in the fact you didn’t manage to set instant noodles on fire…

56 minutes ago, KillaKukumba said:

I'm eating cheese toasties, but I burnt the damn things. Not going to have coffee I'll probably burn the water!!

So is that just another name for a grilled cheese sandwich or is it actually something different?

Couldn't be fucked to cook anything elaborate this evening so my dinner tonight was a chicken salad, bacon, and spinach sandwich on an everything bagel. WIth a half-sour dill pickle, and a Cape May coffee stout.

Bread and cheese in a sandwich press, a souvlaki press, anything that presses the bread together and heats whatever is between

I'm making Bacon wrapped Chicken tonight. It's basically just chicken wrapped in bacon with a dry rub of herbs and spices over it and the herbs and spices kind of depend on what's in the pantry at the time.