Whatcha Eatin'?

RelentlessOblivion

23 hours ago, KillaKukumba said:

I've tried Bulliet bourbon, not really the breakfast of champions.

I've watched Bullet, but again not really a substantial start to the day.

But I haven't tried bullet coffee. I'm also not quite sure how much of a substitute it would be for any type for breakfast. At about 600ml it's probably filling but I reckon I'd be hungry again by 8am.

Feeding cows grass is an important thing. Our cows used to eat hay and silage but they really didn't like it when we didn't given them grass. They weren't so picky on the type of grass, as long as it was green, but put them in a paddock without it and they got grumpy. So butter from grass fed cows would make a difference, especially if the other choice was butter from cows fed dirt! Although the one advantage of a grumpy cow is that if it's angry enough it will dance around the paddock making a racket and churning it's own butter!  <--- That doesn't actually happen :P

very good re closest youve come to a bullet coffee or whatever its called. yeah im not convinced either. sounds like rubbish breakfast to me. then again im fussy. no carbs in it. not for me. probably my cousin has them. shes well in to the latest thing😂 very amusing comment re why cows need grass. ive got memories of seeing cattle in usa eating hay and dirt from huge feeder things and cows in picturesque fields in Switzerland eating green greeen grass. the latter was rather idyllic imo

18 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

You are correct about the white tail spider.  All insect bites may transmit infection and sometimes quite nasty infection.  It is not the 'venom' that eats the flesh but bacteria.

When my patients blame their problem on a spider bite I always ask - did you see the spider?  Almost always the answer is no.

Mid last year there was a group in Melbourne trying to claim our next 'pandemic' was going to be a necrotism type bug that was prominent in bay side suburbs and was first found in south eastern coastal towns, it was even named after one of those towns. The problem was that it was neither a pandemic or caused by the white tailed spiders, it was caused by infected mozzies, which given the coastal areas it was first found made more sense given that the area is called Mosquito Coast. Introducing Mozzies into this country all those years ago was a great idea!

9 minutes ago, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

very good re closest youve come to a bullet coffee or whatever its called. yeah im not convinced either. sounds like rubbish breakfast to me. then again im fussy. no carbs in it. not for me. probably my cousin has them. shes well in to the latest thing😂 very amusing comment re why cows need grass. ive got memories of seeing cattle in usa eating hay and dirt from huge feeder things and cows in picturesque fields in Switzerland eating green greeen grass. the latter was rather idyllic imo

Easiest way to herd cattle is put a bail of hay or silage on the tractor and drive it past them. They will stop eating the luscious green grass growing at their feet and chase after the dry, aged stuff. Cows do look idyllic just munching away on the grass, it's a kind of peacefulness that makes the country look inviting, however the way some of them run after a bail of hay on the back of a tractor is hilarious and well worth watching. Sheep and goats are not so entertaining, they are stupid and just walk before, some cows seem to think they need to perform for their dinner. I wouldn't call cows dumb, but only because I remember Cows With Guns!

Never heard of "bulletproof" coffee as a substitute for breakfast, but I have heard some ridiculous stuff about how it "supercharges the caffeine boost". I've made mine with a bit of butter, a bit of coconut oil, and some honey and cinnamon... Basically just like any other creamer I guess. Nice sometimes, but the Apocryphal Commandments Of Darwin (which my people follow to the letter) dictate that coffee must be taken black at least 5 out of 7 weekdays.

I'm on board with that, I only drink black coffee these days. I'm not an aficionado when it comes to coffee and I can't tell where a coffee bean was grown based on the way it does something with the palette, or the way it settles in the gut, or whatever, but I do enjoy coffee. On the occasions that I flavour it I will go for something like Hazelnut or other such add in but it's not often I do that.

The main reason I can't be an aficionado though is that my coffee machine broke a few years ago and I really can't bring myself to pay over $500 for a coffee machine. Instant coffee obviously tastes different but it's also much easier than standing at an overpriced machine. My last machine worked well (until it didn't) and only cost me $180, but since then coffee and coffee machines have become the must have thing in the household so the prices have gone up stuipdly. 

10 minutes ago, KillaKukumba said:

I'm on board with that, I only drink black coffee these days. I'm not an aficionado when it comes to coffee and I can't tell where a coffee bean was grown based on the way it does something with the palette, or the way it settles in the gut, or whatever, but I do enjoy coffee. On the occasions that I flavour it I will go for something like Hazelnut or other such add in but it's not often I do that.

The main reason I can't be an aficionado though is that my coffee machine broke a few years ago and I really can't bring myself to pay over $500 for a coffee machine. Instant coffee obviously tastes different but it's also much easier than standing at an overpriced machine. My last machine worked well (until it didn't) and only cost me $180, but since then coffee and coffee machines have become the must have thing in the household so the prices have gone up stuipdly. 

I wouldn't call myself an aficionado either, but I do love a good-quality fresh dark roast. I've been using a pour-over cone and paper filters since I was a teenager, can you get those where you live? Definitely my favorite way to brew coffee. I'll use a press sometimes too, or we have a little single cup filter that I think was actually supposed to be used for tea, but the paper filters are where it's at. 

00055437640619_CR_700x700.png?v=15692990

Significantly cheaper, better-tasting, and easier to clean than a drip coffee maker. I also really like the Bialetti style vacuum pots, but the one I had was a real hassle.

I don't know if we can get something like that, but I'm going to try and find out!!

We've still got a plunger type but it's only just a 2 person serve and some of the coffee we still have isn't suitable for it. Although I suspect we could try using the plunger, just because the packet says it's only suitable for filter and machine doesn't mean it wont work.

findon-1.jpg&sp=1629936797T92a5c73581008

9 minutes ago, Dead1 said:

My favourite coffee is Nescafe Blend 43 or what wife and I call "kettle coffee" - yes I am a bogan!  Wife prefers nice proper coffee.

I also prefer mass factory produced beer like Boags or Grolsch or Corona to hipster boutique brewery stuff.

Blend 43 is just so much easier. While I do prefer proper coffee it's hard to go past something that you can make in such a quick time. I hate standing at a machine before breakfast, damn, I hate waiting for the kettle to boil when I want my first coffee for the day :)

I'll go one up on the bogan ladder and say I prefer VB if I'm drinking beer, but I rarely drink beer these days. I drink cider more, but even that is in low quantities. I tend to drink whiskey and bourbon these days when I do drink.

1 hour ago, KillaKukumba said:

I don't know if we can get something like that, but I'm going to try and find out!!

We've still got a plunger type but it's only just a 2 person serve and some of the coffee we still have isn't suitable for it. Although I suspect we could try using the plunger, just because the packet says it's only suitable for filter and machine doesn't mean it wont work.

The difference is probably the grind - the press calls for a coarser grind. You can get away with more finely ground coffee in there, but you have to stir it and let the grinds settle before you press it or it'll just blow out all over the counter, and then you'll be there looking at your wife saying things like "I'm sorry", "this has never happened before", "let me clean this up", "I'll do it better next time", etc. You may also wind up with some finely ground mud in your cup.

The cone doesn't have the pushbutton convenience of the coffee makers - you do have to boil your own water and stuff - but I think the flavor is worth the few extra minutes, and it beats the pants off paying a couple hundred bucks for a gadget.

BTW look for a #6 cone and filters if you can find them, #4 is a little too small to make a decent-sized pot without a bunch of extra pouring and waiting. 

You're a legend. I found one similar with a 'never replace filter' that will handle the coffee we've got left over from the machine. It's ordered for less than $40 and I should have it in a week!

I sold it to the wife as "even you'll be able to make coffee!", she wasn't impressed but I bought it anyway :)

I've never had an accident with the plunger but just looking at it and I can see the potential and that potential has me less likely to want to use it. That and the fact that it's so small, maybe about 300ml, the thing I just bought is 1000ml. That's a seller by itself because my morning coffee just got bigger!!

59 minutes ago, KillaKukumba said:

You're a legend. I found one similar with a 'never replace filter' that will handle the coffee we've got left over from the machine. It's ordered for less than $40 and I should have it in a week!

I sold it to the wife as "even you'll be able to make coffee!", she wasn't impressed but I bought it anyway :)

I've never had an accident with the plunger but just looking at it and I can see the potential and that potential has me less likely to want to use it. That and the fact that it's so small, maybe about 300ml, the thing I just bought is 1000ml. That's a seller by itself because my morning coffee just got bigger!!

Very nice! Hope you enjoy it man, a big pot in the morning is one of life's joys for me. Plus I can make it as strong as I like... my wife always adds hot water to hers afterwards :) The reusable filters can be good, just make sure you keep it clean. Paper filters are a bit more convenient since you can just toss them. Anyway, many happy years of use, etc etc.

stocked up on 10kg of uk lovehearts candy. probably unusual choice but they taste good even if the messages on the candy make me cringe. 😫

will keep me going in to 2022 hopefully. i used to pretend its like medicine. its not medicine at all and is not good for me but i like it. 

out of interest do they still make lovehearts candy in usa. if so is it any good. 

22 hours ago, KillaKukumba said:

Blend 43 is just so much easier. While I do prefer proper coffee it's hard to go past something that you can make in such a quick time. I hate standing at a machine before breakfast, damn, I hate waiting for the kettle to boil when I want my first coffee for the day :)

I'll go one up on the bogan ladder and say I prefer VB if I'm drinking beer, but I rarely drink beer these days. I drink cider more, but even that is in low quantities. I tend to drink whiskey and bourbon these days when I do drink.

good one. i drink more whisky these days. funny because it was my least favourite spirit when i started drinking. its not thread for alcohol so won't ask a question. 

23 hours ago, KillaKukumba said:

Mid last year there was a group in Melbourne trying to claim our next 'pandemic' was going to be a necrotism type bug that was prominent in bay side suburbs and was first found in south eastern coastal towns, it was even named after one of those towns. The problem was that it was neither a pandemic or caused by the white tailed spiders, it was caused by infected mozzies, which given the coastal areas it was first found made more sense given that the area is called Mosquito Coast. Introducing Mozzies into this country all those years ago was a great idea!

Easiest way to herd cattle is put a bail of hay or silage on the tractor and drive it past them. They will stop eating the luscious green grass growing at their feet and chase after the dry, aged stuff. Cows do look idyllic just munching away on the grass, it's a kind of peacefulness that makes the country look inviting, however the way some of them run after a bail of hay on the back of a tractor is hilarious and well worth watching. Sheep and goats are not so entertaining, they are stupid and just walk before, some cows seem to think they need to perform for their dinner. I wouldn't call cows dumb, but only because I remember Cows With Guns!

cows with guns. amusing video. im glad normal cows dont carry uzis 😂

Herding cows into the pens for market would be a different game if they had uzis :)

Holy crap! 10kgs, that's a hell of a lot of heart shaped candies. Imagine the sugar high eating all those in one sitting!!

For some reason I've gotten into eating Chomps. It's only one a day (and it's the small ones from the family packets), but I really don't know why, it's not like I ate a lot of them as a kid and it's nostalgic.

On 8/27/2021 at 12:09 AM, KillaKukumba said:

Herding cows into the pens for market would be a different game if they had uzis :)

Holy crap! 10kgs, that's a hell of a lot of heart shaped candies. Imagine the sugar high eating all those in one sitting!!

For some reason I've gotten into eating Chomps. It's only one a day (and it's the small ones from the family packets), but I really don't know why, it's not like I ate a lot of them as a kid and it's nostalgic.

killakukumba yeah farming cows would be a high risk job if they packed uzi's. maybe better paid too. danger money 💰 😁

10 kg is alot of candy for me to order.I ordered bit more to get free soft toy which i gave to my son. lovehearts toys could be bit inappropriate but this one was family friendly😂 Your right Eating them in one go would be hell of a sugar rush. Death by sweeties or just alot of vomiting. Both would be rubbish.

You eat chomps. Why not. Are those the Australian chomps. Funny how you like them now and not as a kid.Very restrained 1 a day. good job. moderation is something i struggle with. 😁  

I could happily eat more than 1 Chomp a day but these days I do tend to watch what I eat a lot more than I used to. I'm far from a health nut and do eat sweet things like chocolate but gone are the days where I could just eat whatever I want. All these days of lockdowns are also a reminder that eating chocolate and other sweet things is not good against no exercise :)

On 8/26/2021 at 1:45 PM, FatherAlabaster said:

Very nice! Hope you enjoy it man, a big pot in the morning is one of life's joys for me. Plus I can make it as strong as I like... my wife always adds hot water to hers afterwards :) The reusable filters can be good, just make sure you keep it clean. Paper filters are a bit more convenient since you can just toss them. Anyway, many happy years of use, etc etc.

Sunday morning, father's day, and my coffee pot just arrived in the mail!!

The pay off for fathers day might just be coffee!

But the champ award for the month goes to you!!

2 hours ago, Natassja said:

Aero mint Bar just demolished.. absolutely love chocolate. Love the Milka bars too and Kinder chocolate is the bestest :P have to keep it in check though so don't get too fat fat haha.

glad you like the choccy bars natassja. your right about keeping in check. ive got weakness for lovehearts candy/sweets. its odd i know  😂 i keep in check to avoid  getting type 2 diabetes. 

also have you tried lindt extra creamy milk chocolate. thats a favourite of mine😋 👍 

On 8/31/2021 at 12:08 AM, KillaKukumba said:

I could happily eat more than 1 Chomp a day but these days I do tend to watch what I eat a lot more than I used to. I'm far from a health nut and do eat sweet things like chocolate but gone are the days where I could just eat whatever I want. All these days of lockdowns are also a reminder that eating chocolate and other sweet things is not good against no exercise :)

well said killakukumba . moderation apparently is good. im learning that slowly that moderation and variety of foods is good. its obvious to everyone else. apparently eating 40 bags of crisps while watching a movie is just very silly😂

sometimes less food works out better too. for me it worked. ive got more energy. id been overdoing the carbs which was making me very tired. 

What really annoys me is that it's all the good tasting food that is not good for us. That just seems so unfair to me. If they made lettuce taste like donuts salad would obviously taste different and we might look a little odd chowing down on a head of lettuce at our work desk, but we'd at least be eating healthy!

If apples tasted like chocolate parents wouldn't spend their days asking if Little Johnny had eaten his fruit, they'd know he ate three of them!

But lets not stop there, lets make food interchangeable with taste so that if you want an apple you have an apple, but if you want a slab of chocolate you have two apples.

Edit: I agree on the carbs thing too. I should watch my intake of carbs more than I do, but I'm not sure if too many make me tired because I barely sleep these days as a result of too many years of shift work and bad sleeping habits.

12 minutes ago, KillaKukumba said:

What really annoys me is that it's all the good tasting food that is not good for us. That just seems so unfair to me. If they made lettuce taste like donuts salad would obviously taste different and we might look a little odd chowing down on a head of lettuce at our work desk, but we'd at least be eating healthy!

If apples tasted like chocolate parents wouldn't spend their days asking if Little Johnny had eaten his fruit, they'd know he ate three of them!

But lets not stop there, lets make food interchangeable with taste so that if you want an apple you have an apple, but if you want a slab of chocolate you have two apples.

Edit: I agree on the carbs thing too. I should watch my intake of carbs more than I do, but I'm not sure if too many make me tired because I barely sleep these days as a result of too many years of shift work and bad sleeping habits.

A lettuce is anti-nutrients, apples are sugar, both are missing many essential nutrients, lettuce tastes so bad it is usually eaten with processed dressings made with toxic seed oils, neither food is healthy at all.