Whatcha Eatin'?

RelentlessOblivion

Why 46 hours Luxi? Why not 48 hours? Do you seriously eat every two days but two hours earlier each time than the last? That's fucking stupid. Do you actually realize how completely fucking insane you sound? I like you Luxi, I really do, and I enjoy most of your posted content but there are times when you need to come back to reality brah.

I get the hunger thing though. Eating itself, and the expectations and anticipation of eating is what makes people hungry. If I wake up and eat something within the first couple of hours I will be hungry when my stomach is empty again in a few more hours. But if I wake up and eat nothing I can go all day without ever feeling hungry. I normally eat one meal a day, generally in the evenings typically between 8 and 10pm. Some days I do get hungry at some point late in the afternoon or early in the evening while other days I just eat dinner because I feel like I should probably eat something each day and if I don't, I know I'm more likely to end up eating something stupid at midnight or 2am. But I generally have no problem feeling hungry and simply ignoring it, no big deal just drink a little water and the feeling goes away.

Most people feel "hungry" simply because their bodies are used to receiving food at certain times and eating food is pleasurable so they're looking forward to it. How many times have we all gotten hungry and then when no food was coming and we stopped thinking about it the sensation mysteriously went away? Most people refuse to believe this though, they really believe they're "starving" at 10am or noon or whenever if they haven't eaten yet that day and they honestly think that terrible things are going to happen to them if they don't eat something and you can't tell them any differently. They ask me stupid questions like "How can you go all day without eating? Don't you get hungry?" but then they don't believe me when I tell them I control my hunger my hunger doesn't control me. This 3 meals a day thing that so many people seem conditioned to follow sounds nuts to me, I've never done that my entire life or at least not since I was a little kid at teh mercy of my parents' whims. I just can't eat that much food. My body knows by now that food will be coming at 8 or 9 pm and not before so don't fucking bother me til then. When I do occasionally find myself eating in the daytime it'll be because other people I'm with are eating and then I'll just make that my one meal for the day and skip dinner.

Just want to add before I go that claiming plants don't have any bioavailable nutrients is disingenuous. Our human digestive systems might not be optimized to be extracting and utilizing ever last milligram of every plant based vitamin and nutrient we ingest but we do still get a considerable amount from them and you know this. I will agree with you that R.D.I. scores are made up bullshit, based on nothing as well as much of the other nutritional guidance we get that actually originates from corporate marketing. But that doesn't negate the fact that there are nutrients your human body needs that cannot be obtained by eating meat alone, especially raw meat.

FYI raw meat also falls into this category of foods with less bioavailable nutrients you know. That cooked mince you don't care for is actually healthier for you and delivering more nutrients than your raw steak. But you can believe whatever makes you feel good brother, it's all good, don't matter to me.

https://www.canr.msu.edu/news/are_you_absorbing_the_nutrients_you_eat

"Nutrients from plant foods or other foods that take longer to digest such as corn or meat are less bioavailable than nutrients in foods with less complex tissue structures. Foods of this type must be broken down or cooked in order for certain micronutrients to be available for absorption."

46 hours fasting, 2 hours eating. 

I eat cooked steak, I was dabbling with The Primal Diet, pretty much lost interest in that. Dairy causes flatulence, raw meat is tender but not satisfying in taste or satiation. 

I was looking at circadian rhythm, strangely it is healthier for a human body to eat in the morning. Or at least during daylight. Eating in the morning is no problem for me. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/30/2021 at 11:24 AM, Sardonicist said:

46 hours fasting, 2 hours eating. 

I eat cooked steak, I was dabbling with The Primal Diet, pretty much lost interest in that. Dairy causes flatulence, raw meat is tender but not satisfying in taste or satiation. 

I was looking at circadian rhythm, strangely it is healthier for a human body to eat in the morning. Or at least during daylight. Eating in the morning is no problem for me. 

good for you if you can fast, not for me at all,just going a day without food is bad, congratulations 👏👏👏 im not going to copy you but if it works for you why not, i eat more rice than the average person because it works well for me, so were 2 people on different diets, there will be others 

i eat some fruit and vegetables most days but thats because i like it,   

out interest how long have you been on the steak diet? how long will you carry on?  my grandmother was obsessed with eating steak most days for a long time? she loved it and my family didnt understand. 

ive heard about the eating in the morning thing, friends of my parents who are from korea say it was popular there to have main meal of day in the morning, dont know if they was just joking, probably should look it up

after two 1.5kg of steak meals that amount could not be repeated. The one meal per 48 hours lasted 2 weeks, digestion did not adapt. adjustment alternate day fasting. 1 kg of steak or ground beef with ground organs, raw yogurt, raw eggs, honey or juice.

Problems with smoking tobacco and steak only, my moderate evening smoking was causing way too intense wooshing head rushes and loss of co-ordination, think about tobacco induced nutrient deficiency. Also seemed to not be sleeping well. Possible link between permanent ketosis and poor sleep, getting tired and lower mental energy. Solution - end of day carbs - fresh made apple or orange juice if motivated, honey if lazy = no more wooshy and good sleep. 

Effect of dairy free = no farting. No other benefits noticed so let me buy raw milk and make raw yogurt. Drink raw milk = extreme farting/eat raw yogurt = no farts/eat too much raw yogurt = a couple of farts. 

Life is better with one bulletproof coffee in the morning.

Ground beef is better with ground organs, so tasty and satiating. 

Consuming large amounts of animal fats makes fasting easy. The body is less hungry because it is not experiencing sugar rushes/crashes and it is not being starved of animal fats. 

sardonicist have you ever tried ox tongue. its kinda old school. but ive heard it can be excellent. im giving that a go next week. 

definitely your on to something with less sugar highs and lows. since i cut back on sweets by 90%  with a longer sleep mid week im feeling way way way better. 😁

tbh im liking your food journal. 👍 i will probably comment more in the future

I wish we had a grill, it's a perfect night for a cookout here. We're about to have some crab cakes, corn, and greens. Been difficult to eat well recently - my wife and I have both been working a lot, not keeping up with grocery trips, and worn out when it's time to cook and clean. I've had a few too many grilled cheese sandwiches lately. Once or twice a year is enough, I think, yeah?

I try to only eat once a day and usually between 7 and 9pm but it's hard when I have the whole crew here working because these dudes want lunch. If I see they have food then I know I'll want to have something too even though I'm not really hungry that early in the day so like an idiot I usually end up eating lunch with them at 12 or 1pm, generally some kind of sandwich. Doesn't help that I have a hungry 7 year old campaigning for us to go get lunch as well. I try to just make that my one meal for the day but sometimes I'll find myself looking for food at 10 or 11 at night and since it's late I don't want to start cooking a big meal and I end up eating crap. That's totally not what I want to do but sadly I give into these cravings more often than not. I need to stick to my guns and start saying no to lunch. There's plenty of food in the fridge I can cook for dinner after they leave. That said I'm in the laundromat parking lot right now, just had a big stuffed breakfast burrito at 2pm. Eggs,  bacon, sausage, pepper jack cheese, jalapeños, potatoes, onions, peppers, avocado. With salsa and hot sauce on it. And an iced coffee. But that'll be it for today I swear.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2021 at 7:50 PM, FatherAlabaster said:

No effing way could I eat once a day, my blood sugar won't have it. Breakfast is super important to me and I go downhill really quickly if I don't make time for it. If I have a big enough breakfast I can eat lightly the rest of the day, but eat I must.

im with you re eating throughout day. no lunch break 30 mins or whatever for me at work. little and often through out the day like every 60 mins or something. if i dont do this man i feel rough the next day. all i can say is what i do works for me. its not typical way of doing things but it works for me. also ive cut back on my carb consumption as was having too much of this. i have alot more energy because of this reduction. its obvious really.  

re breakfast im the opposite small breakfast then what ive previously said in message. 

3 bars of montezuma 100% chocolate. its so good. also ended up with 3 bars of lindt milk chocolate as i bought them for a present then my wife says didn't i tell you i bought x so your bars of chocolate are not needed.  its really good but thanks to my kids giving me a bad cold i cant taste much. will work out who needs a "present". of course could could take it back to the supermarket but im lazy 😂

Moose Eggs: spicy sausage stuffed with jalapeños and cream cheese and cooked on the smoker. I had two leftover from our dinner Thursday night at Smokin' Daves Backyard BBQ in Norway, Maine. Wish I had some more.

3 hours ago, KillaKukumba said:

Coffee and Tim Tams

My wife fucking loved her Tim Tams. Used to have her dad send them over from Kiwiland along with her nasty Marmite and her Dilmah tea. She wouldn't let anyone else touch them unless she decided she had enough on hand that she could spare one or two. (the Tim Tams that is not the Marmite, no one wanted any of that shit) Then at some point they started selling them in the supermarkets here in the states and I realized they weren't really anything special anyway. 

Standard Tim Tams aren't worth the praise some aussies give them, they are nothing short of a chocolate biscuit wrapped in chocolate with some chocolate flavoured cream. The only good way to eat a standard Tim Tam is as a part of a Tim Tam Slam and that's bite the end off and suck coffee through it like a straw.

The real worth of Tim Tams are the 'special' or flavoured ones. Some like the Tiramisu are very average and not worth buying. Double Choc are not worth buying. But Mint, White Chocolate and Caramel Tim Tams are the only real reasons to keep the factory open.

On 8/13/2021 at 11:13 PM, KillaKukumba said:

Coffee and Corn Flakes breakfast of champions...well breakfast of me for today anyway!

imo sounds terrible. 😁tbh most people like those. im at my parents so i raided there lader while they were out. best ive had is premium french tinned sardines with olive oil and herbs de provence. bit fancy but i like them. my parents are not going to be happy. 😂

on friday had fried lamb mince. really gave me a boost😋 

out of interest what are the foods people have to give them a boost when they feel bit run down?

I generally only eat one meal a day so I suppose they're all breakfast then aren't they. Haven't had any cereal in many years, save that for the 7 year old. When I do get the urge for a traditional breakfast I'll do it at night and it'll be runny eggs, bacon or chorizo, spicy home fries, rye toast and all of that good stuff. Sometimes I'll make my own twisted version of Tex/Mex eggs Bennie.

T-Doc I know it's dodgy grammar to mix metaphors but I just wanted to say I wouldn't fuck vegemite with your dick.

As a Kiwi, my wife was partial to marmite. And me being a bit of a perfectionist I learned how to spread it perfectly thin across the face of her toast. I became so good at it that she wouldn't even make it for herself, she'd make me do it even though the smell of that shit made me want to spew. She even got the baby to eat it on toast once or twice so she was convinced that meant he actually liked it. I threw all that crap in the bin as soon as she was gone.