Whatcha Eatin'?

RelentlessOblivion

also eating lindt swiss 65% cocoa milk chocolate, its so good, very nice Swiss milk chocolate start with extra chocolate taste. sounds crazy but so good imo. im British but i still prefer this over dairy milk. dairy milk is good but imo this is better. 

also had pizza hut Hawaiian pizza last week(was the kids choice 😫 but at least they didn't lob so much on the floor or each other) also had potato wedges, natchos, fajita chicken chunks, and pepsi. which worked well. although uk soft drinks are rubbish imo these days, im sure theyve taken 40% of sugar from pepsi, its just not the same, had pepsi max other day and it tasted as good as pepsi. never was the case imo before the recipe change. out of interest does anyone else have this issue with soft drinks or is it just me?

Greek food is awesome, I love all of it: gyros, souvlaki, moussaka, spanikopita, those lemon potatoes...I just really like that whole Mediterranean flavor profile.

My first wife happened to be Greek as well, she was not so awesome. She did give me a wonderful daughter though so there is that. My daughter's been estranged from her mother for several years now unfortunately, she says it's just not worth the trouble as her mom goes out of her way to make everything so difficult. Psycho bitch is the phrase I generally use. I sure can pick 'em. 

Years later I took my Kiwi wife to a Greek seafood restaurant one time and they brought her grilled branzino with the head and tail still on. She was so shocked she let out a blood curdling scream right in the middle of the dining room. The owner came over to see what was wrong (he probably thought she had seen a rat or something) and I had him take it back to the kitchen and have them filet it up for her. She ate it, but in her embarrassment I don't think she enjoyed it. Naturally this was all my fault for picking that restaurant. Should have just gone out for gyros!

Grilled Branzino with Skordalia and Ladolemono Recipe | Food & Wine

You'd figure growing up on a pacific island she'd be more used to whole, grilled fish? Or maybe that's just my predjudice talking.

One thing I hate living in the north of Sweden is the shortage of fresh fish. Most things that arent salmon is very expensive or usually very frozen once it gets here. The west coast like Gothenburg has all the fresh fish and seafood 😋 Unfortunately it's filled with Gothenburgians.

1 hour ago, Sheol said:

You'd figure growing up on a pacific island she'd be more used to whole, grilled fish? Or maybe that's just my predjudice talking.

One thing I hate living in the north of Sweden is the shortage of fresh fish. Most things that arent salmon is very expensive or usually very frozen once it gets here. The west coast like Gothenburg has all the fresh fish and seafood 😋 Unfortunately it's filled with Gothenburgians.

Really nice long hair? Vintage square-format cameras? Dreams of pop stardom? 

11 hours ago, Sheol said:

Alright Johan I'll bite, what's the deal with Gothenburgians?

Haha well, nothing really. But they have the reputation of being really jovial and happy and kind of smug, and really keen on word puns. All things considered a no-no if you're a grumpy, quiet northerner. But no, it's mostly some friendly ribbing.

But of course, then there's always this atrocity that you can hold against the Gothenburgians.

In Flames - Murders in the Rue Morgue

And of course the crappiest swedish band of the 90's

Broder Daniel - Luke Skywalker

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/17/2021 at 3:58 AM, GoatmasterGeneral said:

Boneless Ribeye Steak

Scotch Filet, or boneless Ribeye Steak as we call it over here is my preferred cut for steak. Second choice would be what we call tenderloin or filet mignon (your so-called Eye Filet) and then my 3rd choice is skirt or flank steak for when I make fajitas. I do like me some fucking fajitas. I get big 1 1/2" to 2" thick ribeyes which cost like $20. I dry rub them and cook them in an iron skillet with butter and olive oil over a medium flame for 4 minutes on each side which generally comes out somewhere between rare and medium/rare. If it turns grey it's rubbish so I won't even bother with thinner ones. I only eat it once a month at most because they're at least $15 US a pound so I wait until I can get a nice thick and well marbled one.

goatmaster general ive copied you re getting a massive rib eye steak, i got a 4cm thick steak of big size,cost me £ 11, butcher recommended cooking times which was spot on plus liberal amount of salt pepper and olive oil helped, medium rare i got, tons of flavour and not very chewy unlike thinner steaks id had are like leather almost imo😁you know what i mean, down side is my toddler daughters want it, there very keen. i locked the fridge. only joking. might be idea. also after cooking it all over i found raw bits especially around fat, are these safe to eat. i recooked these bits as im new to steaks 

On 6/2/2021 at 4:07 AM, GoatmasterGeneral said:

Greek food is awesome, I love all of it: gyros, souvlaki, moussaka, spanikopita, those lemon potatoes...I just really like that whole Mediterranean flavor profile.

My first wife happened to be Greek as well, she was not so awesome. She did give me a wonderful daughter though so there is that. My daughter's been estranged from her mother for several years now unfortunately, she says it's just not worth the trouble as her mom goes out of her way to make everything so difficult. Psycho bitch is the phrase I generally use. I sure can pick 'em. 

Years later I took my Kiwi wife to a Greek seafood restaurant one time and they brought her grilled branzino with the head and tail still on. She was so shocked she let out a blood curdling scream right in the middle of the dining room. The owner came over to see what was wrong (he probably thought she had seen a rat or something) and I had him take it back to the kitchen and have them filet it up for her. She ate it, but in her embarrassment I don't think she enjoyed it. Naturally this was all my fault for picking that restaurant. Should have just gone out for gyros!

Grilled Branzino with Skordalia and Ladolemono Recipe | Food & Wine

id have eaten it. my cousin bless him had similar fish when out for a meal with my parents, he took a massive bite of the head, spat it out saying it was disgusting and stormed off for a kebab may have been a gyros😁true story honest

On 6/1/2021 at 10:12 AM, MacabreEternal said:

2 egg omelette with chorizo, cheddar, red peppers, spring onion and chillies with rocket salad.

I'm a chorizo fiend, can't get enough of the stuff but my chorizo is frozen today so I switched it up and went with bacon for a change. Streaky bacon as the Commonwealthers like to call it cooked crispy.

My 3 egg omelette consists of onions, red peppers, spinach and feta. Two pieces of rye toast and a can of baked beans with ketchup and hot sauce. Americans don't generally eat beans with breakfast, we usually fry up some spuds but it's a habit I picked up in NZ and I quite like it now and then. A little ashamed that I use canned beans but life is short, corners must sometimes be cut.

It's just after 5pm here but since I only eat one meal a day this breakfast will be today's sustenance. 

Accompanied of course by a quad flat white with a shot of Kahlua. Another thing I picked up in NZ, when I got back I threw away my drip coffeemaker and bought myself a proper espresso machine.

21 minutes ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

I'm a chorizo fiend, can't get enough of the stuff but my chorizo is frozen today so I switched it up and went with bacon for a change. Streaky bacon as the Commonwealthers like to call it cooked crispy.

My 3 egg omelette consists of onions, red peppers, spinach and feta. Two pieces of rye toast and a can of baked beans with ketchup and hot sauce. Americans don't generally eat beans with breakfast, we usually fry up some spuds but it's a habit I picked up in NZ and I quite like it now and then. A little ashamed that I use canned beans but life is short, corners must sometimes be cut.

It's just after 5pm here but since I only eat one meal a day this breakfast will be today's sustenance. 

Accompanied of course by a quad flat white with a shot of Kahlua. Another thing I picked up in NZ, when I got back I threw away my drip coffeemaker and bought myself a proper espresso machine.

....WhiteNoise....

....do you ever get the POOH POOH PLATTER at your local Asian takeout?....          ........💩💩🍛!!!!!

No, I usually get General Tso's Chicken for the boy and something spicy for me with multiple proteins for variety. Got a January roll last week as well which was pretty good. I put some of the included Wasabi on some of it and used Sriracha sauce on the rest.

But gimme some time to process my big breakfast here. Hit me up late tomorrow morning and I can probably have your Pooh Pooh platter all ready to go.

4 hours ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

No, I usually get General Tso's Chicken for the boy and something spicy for me with multiple proteins for variety. Got a January roll last week as well which was pretty good. I put some of the included Wasabi on some of it and used Sriracha sauce on the rest.

But gimme some time to process my big breakfast here. Hit me up late tomorrow morning and I can probably have your Pooh Pooh platter all ready to go.

...ummm....no thanks....I'd have to pick out the chunks of concho belt and bronto-skin loincloth.....BARF!!!!!!🍜🚽

£10 worth of premium chocolate. 96%cocoa buttons made by the chocolat chocolat shop, belgian dolfin milk chocolate with butter biscuit and andes salt(very fancy tad ott😁) and german marzipan bar in dark choc niebecker thinks the name. all taste amazing, and powerful  flavours imo. i got to let my wife know gently about this lot over a number of weeks. oh look what they were selling at the petrol station. shes  phd qualified so i might be in trouble😂

1.5kg of Rump Steaks. 

Definitely can't live on ground beef, it just doesn't taste good, all the fat renders and is not enjoyable to eat. Got a new routine, every 46 hours I get 2 hours to eat 1.5kg of rump steak. The last 500grams is hard to get down, but once it is down there is no hunger for days.

I think; hunger is the body in need of nutrients. I recall when eating plants, always being hungry. If a certain kind of food 100% satiates the human body for the longest time, that is the human appropriate food. R.D.I. (recommended daily intake) scores are made up bullshit, based on nothing. The true R.D.I. (required daily intake) is all the nutrition that is in meat. As for the omnivore diet, why so much hunger/need for nutrients? Plants block nutrient absorption, so a meal with plants and meat will be less nutritious than a meal of just meat. Plants don't have bioavailable nutrients and take up space in the stomach, so less room for nutrient dense meat.  

No flatulence.

I can sit in the full sun for hours and not get sun burn. If I do get a bit red, it just turns into a tan, no peeling, no pain.