Whatcha Eatin'?

RelentlessOblivion

18 hours ago, harrypotter12 said:

Good for you. I was prescribed a diet in which I can hardly eat anything. No fried, nothing greasy, no bread. And all because the doctor said that I have erosion in the stomach, which can develop into an ulcer. So it is better to follow a diet so that it does not lead to such consequences as mine.

at least im not the only one on a restricted diet harry potter12. 😁yeah its bit rubbish, my previous boss had few ulcers go in his stomach similar to your condition and think he was lucky to survive. so risky condition you potentially got there. 

ive had my condition for 4 years now and its better than its been in past. it was rubbish when i couldn't drink alcohol. fortunately im through that. my condition wont go away so i just got to get used to it.   i just eat what works. i eat alot of rice which the dietician said is ok.   what can you eat for your diet. also is your restricted diet just temporary 

also how long have you been on the forum?  

On 4/12/2021 at 5:27 PM, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

at least im not the only one on a restricted diet harry potter12. 😁yeah its bit rubbish, my previous boss had few ulcers go in his stomach similar to your condition and think he was lucky to survive. so risky condition you potentially got there. 

ive had my condition for 4 years now and its better than its been in past. it was rubbish when i couldn't drink alcohol. fortunately im through that. my condition wont go away so i just got to get used to it.   i just eat what works. i eat alot of rice which the dietician said is ok.   what can you eat for your diet. also is your restricted diet just temporary 

also how long have you been on the forum?  

I agree that we need to get used to it.  

And I think I'm nearly a month at this forum

On 4/14/2021 at 11:16 AM, harrypotter12 said:

I agree that we need to get used to it.  

And I think I'm nearly a month at this forum

i hope you enjoy your time on the forum.  ive been here 15 months. 

yeah following a restricted diet for us both then 😁

out of interest what was hardest item of food to cut out your diet?

• 3 weeks later...

Can't  remember the last time I came face to face with an anchovy. I know I've had a few over the years but very seldom does anyone offer me pizza with anchovies on it. I don't eat a lot of pizza anyway but when I do I get sausage pepperoni mushrooms black olives extra cheese. Or sometimes maybe a slice or two of chicken bacon ranch cuz the kid likes it.

Tonight though it's leftover Chinese. I went out and got $60 worth of Chinese take away for me and the boy last night because as usual I hadn't eaten anything all day so I ordered a big load, enough for 4. So we have a ton of it left over because I guess my eyes were bigger than my stomach.

I like to try a few new things each time as well, not just get the same old thing like most people seem to do. So we have General Tso's chicken (the kid's favorite) some shrimp & scallops in garlic sauce, Mongolian Beef, chicken lo mein, fried rice, steamed wontons, and sautéed string beans. We'll probably still have enough left for him to have some again tomorrow night.

5 minutes ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

What are these exactly? Some kind of chocolate filled cookies? Is the inside soft and gooey or hard?

products-Kinder-Happy-Hippos-Biscuits-Cocoa-Cream-1.jpg

Ah! Can't believe you found them lolz they're lush, wafers with chocolatey gooey-ness inside ! Kinda tastes a bit like Nutella, gorge ❤️ :D

9 minutes ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

Sounds like you're describing Tim Tams. Haven't had one of those in a few years but now all of a sudden I want one. 10 pm too late, local stores are closed. I'm sure if I look I'll find something to make do in the kitchen.

089972.jpg

I never had those but they look good, don't think we even get them here ..I'll have to look next time I'm shopping! Lush :)

Oh don't you worry, Boris says you're gonna get 'em now.

They're Australian, they've always had them down under and in NZ but we even get them here in the states now. They were my late Kiwi wife's favorite. She was addicted to them, used to get her mum to send them in the mail along with Marmite, Manuka honey, and some kind of tea she just had to have. She got very excited when they started selling them in NY, she always kept a whole stack of them in the cupboard in case they changed their mind and stopped carrying them. 

8 minutes ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

Oh don't you worry, Boris says you're gonna get 'em now.

They're Australian, they've always had them down under and in NZ but we even get them here in the states now. They were my late Kiwi wife's favorite. She was addicted to them, used to get her mum to send them in the mail along with Marmite, Manuka honey, and some kind of tea she just had to have. She got very excited when they started selling them in NY, she always kept a whole stack of them in the cupboard in case they changed their mind and stopped carrying them. 

tenor.png

Haha that pic is gold! :D 

On 3/29/2021 at 12:40 AM, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

Just out of interest have other people on the forum cut back on processed foods and what have you stopped eating for now. I eat very few processed foods as I just trialled swapping unprocessed stuff instead and surprised my self when I felt better for it. For example I don't have regular store cereal for breakfast with milk but have a smoothie of rice,veg and protein such as cheese so not true smoothie tbh but gives a me  good start to day.  When I was younger I would be shocked with my turnaround. 😫 

I'm interested what's your opinions about processed food reduction. Am I just a food oddball?😆☠️👻

For 5 months now a little ham, bacon and a few cans of sardines are the only processed foods I've eaten. For 5 months now I've eaten meat, no plant foods. I recommend this for those with health problems. http://www.redmeatheals.com

Probably sponsored by the International College of Cardiologists. Sure, it probably works short term, but not because of anything special about red meat. It's the lack of processed foods that provides the real benefits.

I like red meat and all, but any diet that preaches one or two groups of food exclusively is never healthy in the long run. And yes, I would include veganism in that statement as well. Humans are omnivores. We need animal proteins from a variety of sources. A diet rich in whole foods that limits or eliminates processed foods and refined sugar is the best for 99% of humanity.

Reality is not always what sounds rational at the time. 

Humans became humans via eating meat. Humans ate animal based for 2 million years, then since the time humans started growing plant foods, the human brain has been shrinking. 

Go out into any wilderness and there is fuck all plant food. The plant produce section in the supermarket is as unnatural as all the processed food. It doesn't exist in nature. 

Meat is special. If anyone is interested in a super food, it's animal fat and meat.

People are just now figuring out that eating plants is causing all their health problems. Want to liberate yourself from suffering? stop eating slave food. 

Someone was talking about obesity being something that people have a choice to take control of. I heard 2% of obese people successfully lose and maintain their correct weight via caloric restriction (low fat) and exercise. What message is really being sponsored by the International College of Cardiologists? They know saturated animal fat has nothing to do with heart disease. 

Scotch fillet for breakfast. 

25 minutes ago, Sardonicist said:

Humans became humans via eating meat. Humans ate animal based for 2 million years, then since the time humans started growing plant foods, the human brain has been shrinking. 

Go out into any wilderness and there is fuck all plant food. The plant produce section in the supermarket is as unnatural as all the processed food. It doesn't exist in nature. 

Meat is special. If anyone is interested in a super food, it's animal fat and meat.

People are just now figuring out that eating plants is causing all their health problems. Want to liberate yourself from suffering? stop eating slave food. 

Someone was talking about obesity being something that people have a choice to take control of. I heard 2% of obese people successfully lose and maintain their correct weight via caloric restriction (low fat) and exercise. What message is really being sponsored by the International College of Cardiologists? They know saturated animal fat has nothing to do with heart disease. 

Wow, the effects of pure meat on the brain are obvious here.

13 hours ago, Sardonicist said:

For 5 months now a little ham, bacon and a few cans of sardines are the only processed foods I've eaten. For 5 months now I've eaten meat, no plant foods. I recommend this for those with health problems. http://www.redmeatheals.com

im with you on less processed foods. for me they don't work and the less i have the better. the red meat diet does not work for me at all.tried it a few years ago and i felt terrible really bad but im pleased its worked for you. also by the way whats your favourite red meats. 

35 minutes ago, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

im with you on less processed foods. for me they don't work and the less i have the better. the red meat diet does not work for me at all.tried it a few years ago and i felt terrible really bad but im pleased its worked for you. also by the way whats your favourite red meats. 

I guess scotch fillet and lamb chops. Just meat in general really, I eat chicken, fish and pork. 

Most people go down this path to solve health problems. If just eliminating processed foods does not cure everything then certain foods are causing problems. So different food groups are eliminated till the problems are solved. When it works, one is enthusiastic about the results and cannot help but share the experience. Religious fervor should not amaze anyone, rather, to be expected. 

10 hours ago, Sardonicist said:

Ok, but if we're gonna take the evolutionary biology argument here, wouldn't reason dictate that meat was difficault to come by and required a lot of energy to acquire, as opposed to farming plants and hosting livestock. That means that no pre-historic group ate meat everyday, three times a day. Rather, they ate meat a couple of days a week if lucky, and filled the gaps with fruits and roots, all while burning an ungodly amount of resources walking to the next food opportunity.