Whatcha Eatin'?

RelentlessOblivion

ok I know we have a section in hobbies for cooking but this is different, post about your favourite foods, drinks, and restuarants actually I had an amazing meal last night, a Vietnamese quail dish as an entree which was spectacular and a kangaroo schnitzel as the main, that with a Crowne Lager what a great meal

favourite food/drinks/restuarants My favourite restaurants are :- Greens in Manchester, it's run by a TV chef Simon Rimmer. Indian in Ibiza town up on the hill inside the city walls. Can't remember it's name. Little Italy in Goa, India. Ekovirtuve in Riga, Latvia. Le Grenier de Norte Dame in Paris. Most of these are veggie places.

Re: favourite food/drinks/restuarants actually I ate at an astonishing Indian place in Brisbane (was up there for cricket which went horribly but ate some decent food so it wasn't all bad) going to Thailand later this year so I am really excited to try the local cuisine whilst I'm there

Re: favourite food/drinks/restuarants Man, this is a gonna be a long post. As for drinks, everyone here should know by now that I'm a beer fan, and a short list of my favorites includes: Aventinus Weizenbock Trappistes Rochefort 10 Westmalle Trappist Tripel Celebrator Doppelbock Deschutes The Abyss Imperial Stout Stone Ruination IPA Stone Sublimely Self Righteous Deschutes Hop In the Dark Uinta Labyrinth Black Ale Uinta Cockeyed Cooper Barleywine Full Sail Anniversary Black Barleywine Old Rasputin Imperial Stout Chimay Grand Reserve Spaten Franziskaner Hefeweisse I should probably stop there, but I got a few of my favorites in most styles that I usually drink. As far as food, I like pretty much ever variety, here are my favorite restaurants from those styles: Indian: Royal India in Sandy, UT Chinese: Asian Star in Midvale, UT Mexican - Can't remember the name of the place in Seattle, WA, but they made an insane chicken curry burrito that I loved Steakhouse - Either Kristoffer's or the one in the Wynn hotel, both in Las Vegas, NV Sushi - Sansei in Honolulu, HI Italian - Lugano's in Salt Lake City, UT, though NTNR's mom makes incredible Italian food Burger - The unfortunately closed Acme Burger in downtown Salt Lake City, miles ahead of any other burger I've ever had Vietnamese - Pho Kim Long in Las Vegas, NV Cajun - The Bayou in Salt Lake City, UT (also probably my favorite bar, great beer selection) German and Eastern European - The Bohemian in Midvale, UT Pizza - Metro Pizza, Las Vegas, NV, insane stuffed Chicago style pizza Barbeque - Pat's Barbeque Salt Lake City, UT Other favorite dishes include my wife's chicken coconut curry, my dad's clam chowder, and a native Bolivian dish called fricase, which is a spicy stew comprised of pork, chuños (black potatoes), and large kernel white corn, which closely resembles hominy.

Re: favourite food/drinks/restuarants Well, I've loved burgers for a long time but there are few restaurants that can reliably make a good one. Chili's and IHOP have great burgers, but so do O'Neill's pub and Two Fools Tavern on Central Avenue in Albuquerque. I also really love gyros - there are a number of places to get them. The best gyros I've had come from Sahara Middle Eastern Eatery, but Olympia Cafe is a better overall value for money since their fries are excellent. I remember there being a trattoria on Piazza Della Signoria in Florence that had the second best pizza I'd ever had - the best was at a place called Chatter's in Knysna, South Africa. Anyhow, my favorite drink remains grape Fanta, but I also love Stoney ginger beer, Coke, and this citrus soda called Squirt.

Re: favourite food/drinks/restuarants long time no see Iceni, my preferred non-alcoholic drinks are coke, vanilla coke (yeah it sounds like a weird combination but it's pretty freakin' awesome) pine-orange juice and double shot espresso for that caffeine kick I usually need of a morning

Re: favourite food/drinks/restuarants Oh, that's right, I forgot vanilla coke. Love that too. There's this awesome soda fountain in this place called Frontier restaurant in Albuquerque which allows you a choice of drinks and flavor shots, so you can have Coke with orange flavoring, or Sprite with cherry, etc. It's the only place I know of where you can get refills on vanilla Coke and I took full advantage of that when I went there to study for my political theory final exam, which I ended up getting a perfect score on.

Re: favourite food/drinks/restuarants

Well, I've loved burgers for a long time but there are few restaurants that can reliably make a good one. Chili's and IHOP have great burgers, but so do O'Neill's pub and Two Fools Tavern on Central Avenue in Albuquerque. I also really love gyros - there are a number of places to get them. The best gyros I've had come from Sahara Middle Eastern Eatery, but Olympia Cafe is a better overall value for money since their fries are excellent. I remember there being a trattoria on Piazza Della Signoria in Florence that had the second best pizza I'd ever had - the best was at a place called Chatter's in Knysna, South Africa. Anyhow, my favorite drink remains grape Fanta, but I also love Stoney ginger beer, Coke, and this citrus soda called Squirt.
For a pub burger, my favorite would have to be at The Cotton Bottom, they make a garlic burger that's pretty heavy on the garlic, and it rocks. I can't really agree with Chili's and IHOP, they have decent flavor, but are super heavy on the grease, and I'm not really a big fan of bacon. I forgot about gyros, my favorite place to get gyros was at the Cottonwood Mall, I would get one almost every day when I worked at Tease N Keys, and it was always served by a skinny Iranian guy who bore an uncanny resemblance to Luigi from the Mario Brothers. Now I go to Yanni's for my gyros, which are slightly less good, but their lemon rice and chicken souvlaki are both fantastic. I have a hard time drinking soda anymore, I just feel sluggish and terrible after I drink it and most sodas are too sugary for me anyway.

Re: favourite food/drinks/restuarants Oh, and yes to the comments, I do take my food and drink seriously. My wife has always said that I was a fat kid trapped in a regular body, I've always been a pretty big eater. NTNR's family are Italian and big eaters, and they were pretty impressed that I was outdoing most of them with around 5 full plates of pasta at their parties. As far as beer goes, I love it almost as much as I love metal, which is a great deal. Much like my music, I prefer (what I perceive to be) the good stuff, which is mostly trappist/abbey style ales, imperial IPA's and stouts, doppelbocks, barleywines, and some of the bigger wheat beers. I also enjoy lambics, saisons, and rauchebeers, but I don't drink as many of them or like them quite as much as my usual fare. The best brewers IMO are from Belgium, Germany, and the USA, with a few oddball exceptions like Mikkeler from Denmark (cooperative with many other brewers though) and Unibroue from Quebec.

Re: favourite food/drinks/restuarants 5 plates of pasta :o ! I mean, I adore my pasta but wow :lol: ! NTNR's Italian-American is he? Interesting and, considering how much you like to eat, very useful when it come to grabbing yourself top bites! @Iceni, you have to like burgers, mate, it's the law, like it being illegal for me not to like fish and chips! But do they really make grape fanta?!? Strangely, I find Vannilla Coke less surprising than this.

Re: favourite food/drinks/restuarants best fish and chips I ever had was at my grandparents place, we'd been out fishing earlier in the day and it was a really good day, couple garfish, about a dozen snook, couple whiting, king george not the horrible yellowfin, and one fuck off sized snapper, damn thing was huge, oh we also got about twenty blue swimmer crabs but I don't like crab so..., anyway the best fish you can eat is the fish you catch, kill and cook on the same day

Re: favourite food/drinks/restuarants I miss seafood, living in a landlocked desert nowadays...but yes, they do make grape Fanta, and it's brilliant. I would also say that South African snoek is by far the best fish I've ever had because even if you do a lousy job making it the stuff still tastes at least as good as salmon.