BM rules

Sardonic

Sorry folks been having Internet connection issues on my iPhone (always Roaming). Anyways, I had actually stopped listening to music altogether for about 3 years now until recently. I've started getting back into metal, especially BM, the last couple of months now. Some of the bands I like (not all BM): Emperor, Dissection, Rotting Christ, Marduk, early Dimmu, Behemoth, Amon Amarth, Korpiklaani, Kalmah, Xasthur, Bolt Thrower & Edge of Sanity just to name a few. I have been branching out to other metal genres, but I consider BM to be my favorite.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is true, which is why I don't associate with many black metallers. I have been lucky to come across many open-minded fans on forums, but often IRL they are as you describe. Black metal tends to be my most listened to genre of music, but I also tend not to follow the trends that most others do with it. I prefer first wave/early second wave bands from non-Scandinavian areas, and don't indulge in near as much Darkthrone, Drudkh, and Emperor worship as most other fans, I prefer my black metal to be black METAL, with a focus on riffs. I do like all sorts though, and I don't shun bands just for experimenting or doing something outside the imaginary lines imposed by short sighted pricks. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
I think the biggest problem with a lot of black metallers is the whole "kvlt" bullshit. It's just a bunch of nonsense. Personally, if I find a band to be good then I support them. Even if they're not black metal. *edit* just read Ghoul's comment about kvlt. Spot on!

Re: BM rules

I think the biggest problem with a lot of black metallers is the whole "kvlt" bullshit. It's just a bunch of nonsense. Personally, if I find a band to be good then I support them. Even if they're not black metal. *edit* just read Ghoul's comment about kvlt. Spot on!
Yeah, all that mentality does is close people off and detracts from the music, which is the whole point of music, no? Image should always come later, if it's a concern at all, and it's honestly not something I care much about. Anyway, hope you stick around, you seem to be a good fit with the regulars here. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Oddly, the music they listen to is actually really crap most of the time. It seems they will straight-facedly say that Seventh Wonder is 'sentimental faggot crap' whereas the new album by Ænus Ov Ye Göatlörd , the underground Norwegian group consisting of one obese pedophile and a gibbon is 'totally fvcking kvlt' because it was independently recorded inside a mine shaft on an iPhone and was played on one guitar which only had one string and an amplifier powered by a potato battery. They will actually judge music solely by its lyrics too, which is hilarious because the only other people who do that are straight-laced evangelicals.
That time away was good for you man, it made you much funnier :D

Hey dude' date=' don't rag on Anus Ov Ye Goatlord. That demo is a complete classic. I agree the album might have been a sellout, though. I heard they actually used microphones for the recording. I hate it when bands turn their backs on what made them great, it's like they're betraying all of us.[/quote'] They're already total sellouts, at 3:20 on the demo track Hymne For Ye Butthurt Manchild I think I heard some palm muting, the bastards. Who do they think they are, Metallica?

They're already total sellouts' date=' at 3:20 on the demo track Hymne For Ye Butthurt Manchild I think I heard some [i']palm muting, the bastards. Who do they think they are, Metallica?
They've said quite a few times that it wasn't palm muting! Obesitor said in an interview that it was an accident in the studio, when the virgin that they'd ritually blinded managed to get off the altar and started blundering around. She walked into the guitar right at that moment, and the band liked it so much that they decided to keep the take. And Necronomie Ov Grimnitude is a masterpiece of atmospheric blackness of soul-swallowing dimensions. You need to get your facts straight, p0s3r. (BTW, Hymne For Ye Butthurt Manchild?:lol: Fucking brilliant. I think you need to write song titles for my next album.)

No way dvde, George was the genivs behind the whole project. Everything Biliovs has done withovt him sovnds like a limp-wristed knockoff. His ovtpvt for the past day and a half has been nothing bvt a bag ov donkey dicks. I hear he's actvally going to have a bass player on the next EP... fvcking ghey. I'm really excited for the new Æpe fæces. He's going to wipe the floor with Biliovs's vomit-stained carcass. I already pre-ordered the bonvs pack with freeze-dried virgin's eyeballs and a hair shirt. Good lvck getting yovr hands on that, phag.

No way dvde' date=' George was the genivs behind the whole project. Everything Biliovs has done withovt him sovnds like a limp-wristed knockoff. His ovtpvt for the past day and a half has been nothing bvt a bag ov donkey dicks. I hear he's actvally going to have a [i']bass player on the next EP... fvcking ghey. I'm really excited for the new Æpe fæces. He's going to wipe the floor with Biliovs's vomit-stained carcass. I already pre-ordered the bonvs pack with freeze-dried virgin's eyeballs and a hair shirt. Good lvck getting yovr hands on that, phag.
It is obviously evident that your inability to comprehend the brilliance of Vinter Campagns Ov Ye Ass Phallous Legions (the correct term for your colloquial bastardization 'bag ov donkey dicks') stems from an inherent mental block that you refuse to remove out of ignorance and prejudice against Bilious. I bet you dont even know that the bass will be the ONLY instrument on the ENTIRE album! And it will have NO strings! Bilious stated in an interview: "Yeeeeeeaaaaagh Myaagrrnarghnaaaag." If you have trouble understanding Ælder Norveejun (as no doubt you do), allow me to interpret. "I will not use any strings on the bass. I will merely be beating a dead goat with it and the results will be recorded." However, he is only making one release. The CD won't even be packaged. And I've pre-ordered it already! Keep your virgin eyeballs, I know she wasn't even connected to the clergy. That was Æpe's idea, but the only virgins they could find were two obese KMart cashiers and a Santa Fe neckbeard! Good riddance to him. Keep it TRVE!

I have nothing fvrther to say to yov, tr011. Your viciovs ad gibbonem attacks against Æpe and his fæces have revealed yovr psevdo-intellecval hackery as the most barefaced p0z3rdom. To claim that Biliovs has done anything of tr00 significance since Necronomie has robbed yov ov credibility. That sack of Jabba the Hvtt-like phlegm covldn't play a bass if it had strings. He will fade into obscvrity like everyone else dvmb enovgh to vndertake a Vinter Campagn, especially against a foe so obviovsly svperior. I hope George slaps both of you in the face with his donkey dicks before allowing his neck-bearded minions the honor of taking a dvmp down yovr neck stvmp. (By the way can u help me with my algebra homework later? Ill hit u up with a PM)

O plz dumbåss. Vinter Campaigns was a tragedy. You'd know that if you read the lyrics, but I guess it was already established that you don't understand Ælder Norveejun so you couldn't possibly be expected to comprehend the real brilliance of the album. The Ass Phallous Legions know their trve fate yet they run to accept it. They understand that they must please the almighty Blowdin ye Göatlörd thru their deaths on the battlefield. The album weaves the tapestry together, brilliantly juxtaposing the shrieks of the dying with the mighty brays of the warriors as the thesis and antithesis clash for the greater glory ov Blowdin. Sure, I'll help you do ur homework once I'm finished doing ur mom!