What's your opinion about pozer metalheads?

Downer

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon devil worshippers probably get more pissed with people assuming they're metal fans' date=' though.[/quote'] I'd actually love to read about a group of Satanists who hate metal, if they're out there. That would be a whole new layer of absurdity. :D I've been called a "devil worshiper" so many times I can't count. I was also told I "needed Jesus", but that didn't happen anywhere near as frequently, for some reason... The devil-worship label never bothered me because it has zero resonance for me. The only association I've ever made with the Devil is as a concept that seemed to provoke fear and anger in a lot of the people who were dicks to me when I was growing up. That was fine with me back then, and now I just don't care.

One thing for sure I can't stand is people calling us devil worshippers. For Listeining to metal. Anyone agree on that
Generally it's the case that metalheads don't necessarily love Satan, they just hate the Catholic church...

One thing for sure I can't stand is people calling us devil worshippers. For Listeining to metal. Anyone agree on that
I used to hear this a lot. My parents especially. Not so much anymore. They were so concerned, when I was 14, they sent me away to a youth camp retreat thing to learn about the dangers and evil of listening to metal. I heard about subliminal messages, back masking and how I was opening myself up to become possessed by the devil. It was absurd and laughable.

I used to hear this a lot. My parents especially. Not so much anymore. They were so concerned' date=' when I was 14, they sent me away to a youth camp retreat thing to learn about the dangers and evil of listening to metal. I heard about subliminal messages, back masking and how I was opening myself up to become possessed by the devil. It was absurd and laughable.[/quote'] Sounds like demonic possession is working out well for you! :D

To be honest, there's a substantial portion of the metal community that wholeheartedly accepts and cultivates the wrongheaded stereotypes people have about the genre. This forum's early unblack thread is proof of that. Ironically enough, these people usually know the least about metal in the first place, and are thus in a sense 'posers' - in that they 'pose' as well-informed individuals speaking for the genre.

On a serious note right now: I've never been called devil worshipper, emo, or whatelse. The only thing someone said once to me, while I was wearing corpsepaint on street: "it isn't carnaval yet!" That only made me laugh :D But I don't know, most people here accept just everyone by how they look or what they're listening. And that's pretty cool.

Sounds like demonic possession is working out well for you! :D
lol I forgot to mention the numerous times over the years I was ambushed by them and their church (cult really) with some sort of religious intervention because of the apparent evil nature of my ways and how ungodly I was. Whatever. I gotta hand it to em though for being consistent in their endeavor :rolleyes:

Re: What's your opinion about pozer metalheads?

lol I forgot to mention the numerous times over the years I was ambushed by them and their church (cult really) with some sort of religious intervention because of the apparent evil nature of my ways and how ungodly I was. Whatever. I gotta hand it to em though for being consistent in their endeavor :rolleyes:
How thoughtful! :D My parents aren't Christian, and they were pretty good about letting me choose my own path, but other people's parents weren't so cool... one girl's father listened in on our phone conversations, and then had an exorcism performed on her, and tried to convince my parents to have it done to me as well. :lol: I suppose possession is working for both of us.

Generally it's the case that metalheads don't necessarily love Satan' date=' they just hate the Catholic church...[/quote'] I can't say that I blame them, or disagree with their disdain. Usually this is what people are trying to say, but end up aiming higher in the religion, attacking a deity for the faults of its followers. Most bands that write anti-Christian lyrics don't believe in God, so professing to hate God is really more of a symbolic tool to convey their message, because honestly it's much more sensational and inflammatory to condemn God than the church. I get the point, but in some ways it downplays what would otherwise be very valid criticisms of the religion as a whole. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

How thoughtful! :D My parents aren't Christian, and they were pretty good about letting me choose my own path, but other people's parents weren't so cool... one girl's father listened in on our phone conversations, and then had an exorcism performed on her, and tried to convince my parents to have it done to me as well. :lol: I suppose possession is working for both of us.
That sounds eerily similar to what I've been through. It's quite disturbing the extreme practices some partake in the name of their beliefs. Yes, the power of Christ has not compelled us :lol:

I can't say that I blame them' date=' or disagree with their disdain.[/quote'] I'll take the opportunity to reiterate that the criticism you gave on the odd choice of unblack lyrical themes is perhaps the only one that I could say had a valid point. What irritates me isn't their anti-Catholicism, I'm not exactly a stalwart papist myself. What irritates me is their tendency to conflate every single form of Abrahamic religiosity with that one institution.

• 3 weeks later...

I've discussed this with many people, it really depends in what sense you define a poser as, to me poser is someone who is trying to be someone they're not for other people. For example a person who decides to maybe wear clothes of a band they don't like and sais they enjoy metal when they don't like it and talk about things they know fuck all about what they're talking about just to show of and/or be accepted by a friend or group of people.

I've discussed this with many people' date=' it really depends in what sense you define a poser as, to me poser is someone who is trying to be someone they're not for other people. For example a person who decides to maybe wear clothes of a band they don't like and sais they enjoy metal when they don't like it and talk about things they know fuck all about what they're talking about just to show of and/or be accepted by a friend or group of people.[/quote'] I wasn't aware that the definition of a poser varied from that. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2