radio master666

The Movie Thread

When it comes to movies, I have got to admit that I have got a really weak girly stomach!!!!

Saw a gore/splatter-what-have-you movie today, which makes it like the third one I have ever seen full lenght in all my life....and my dinner almost came up again!!!

I can understand the Native Americans being pissed off at the so called civilized middle class universty grads comming in to their homeland and acting like complete bastards...by all means, feel free to kill and devour them...I would have done the same. But the corpses with the maggots and beetles...eeeewwww, yuuuccckkk :D I think it is great that you can watch Cannibal Holocaust for free on Youtube, but that it the last time that I am pressing on that link!

Aside from that: I am mad about Hammer House of Horror...like completely insane!!!!! But still those fantastic productions, do not top Bela Lugosi as Dracula!!!!!!

I looove horror and zombie shit but Cannibal Holocaust was one of the grimmest films I have ever seen and I have seen some grim shit ..The atmosphere is horrible and the animal cruelty made me just really sick and angry.

On 11/11/2017 at 8:21 PM, Natassja7 said:

I looove horror and zombie shit but Cannibal Holocaust was one of the grimmest films I have ever seen and I have seen some grim shit ..The atmosphere is horrible and the animal cruelty made me just really sick and angry.

The parts where I had to shut my eyes was the maggot/beetles crawling around the sculls, when they shoot the jaguard, and when they rape that poor tribal woman.

Apart from the sickening scenes, I have actually reflected a lot about that movie the last couple of days: I think that one of the reasons why it is so grim is that you are forced to consider who are the real primitives (primitives such as in bad primitives...remember the movie is from the early 1980's). Those white movie makers were just asking for trouble! But despite all the refelction...I am not going to see it again.

8 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

The parts where I had to shut my eyes was the maggot/beetles crawling around the sculls, when they shoot the jaguard, and when they rape that poor tribal woman.

Apart from the sickening scenes, I have actually reflected a lot about that movie the last couple of days: I think that one of the reasons why it is so grim is that you are forced to consider who are the real primitives (primitives such as in bad primitives...remember the movie is from the early 1980's). Those white movie makers were just asking for trouble! But despite all the refelction...I am not going to see it again.

I guess that is a reason, whole thing fuckin depressed me, like... Nah, man, I wouldn't see it again neither.

I love movies like that. I find them very entertaining.  I don't know why. I guess it's because I listen to cannibal corpse and exhumed so much. It could have also been because of the movies rob zombie makes. One movie that I found really grim but entertaining was the green Inferno.

6 hours ago, Chandler said:

I love movies like that. I find them very entertaining.  I don't know why. I guess it's because I listen to cannibal corpse and exhumed so much. It could have also been because of the movies rob zombie makes. One movie that I found really grim but entertaining was the green Inferno.

Haven't seen that...yet..

I love gory horror films, but not sure if I could watch cannibal holocaust. It's the animal cruelty that gets me. I don't mind seeing people being brutalized because 1) it's not real and 2) I generally don't like humans. But the animal stuff is real and there's no excuse for it. Most animals are better than most people, and I really can't stand to see animals abused.

As for Dracula, Bela's version is o.k., but kind of goofy/cartoonish looking. I love the movie Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992), a lot of people didn't like it, but I thought it was great.

I've got the same problem with horror movies and alcohol. Generally can't stand either but I've lost count of the number of times people have implied I'm an underdeveloped simpleton because of it.

Anyway, I saw The Exorcist recently and it wasn't anywhere near as frightening as I expected. They all but telegraph the scary stuff so you're good and ready when something odd happens. It's pretty funny in a number of places, especially early on then the demon's making Reagan act like a CoF fan. That being said, there are some impressively disconcerting parts of the movie and I did like those. Overall not bad and I did enjoy seeing so many shots of my campus throughout the movie.

16 minutes ago, Iceni said:

I've got the same problem with horror movies and alcohol. Generally can't stand either but I've lost count of the number of times people have implied I'm an underdeveloped simpleton because of it.

Anyway, I saw The Exorcist recently and it wasn't anywhere near as frightening as I expected. They all but telegraph the scary stuff so you're good and ready when something odd happens. It's pretty funny in a number of places, especially early on then the demon's making Reagan act like a CoF fan. That being said, there are some impressively disconcerting parts of the movie and I did like those. Overall not bad and I did enjoy seeing so many shots of my campus throughout the movie.

The exorcist is my favorite horror movie of all time. If you ever get a chance to read the book, give it a read. It's a really good book. It took me a little over a week to read it

2 hours ago, Parker said:

I love gory horror films, but not sure if I could watch cannibal holocaust. It's the animal cruelty that gets me. I don't mind seeing people being brutalized because 1) it's not real and 2) I generally don't like humans. But the animal stuff is real and there's no excuse for it. Most animals are better than most people, and I really can't stand to see animals abused.

As for Dracula, Bela's version is o.k., but kind of goofy/cartoonish looking. I love the movie Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992), a lot of people didn't like it, but I thought it was great.

My sentiments exactly. So much win in this post.

That is my favourite Dracula too.