The Movie Thread

radio master666

Re: Slasher movies I never really got into them, but I love gore Metal so go figure, lol. Most are far too mindless and lacking in basic plot for me. If they're funny and don't take themselves too seriously then I find I'm more willing to watch. As luck would have it my mind is blank as to recommendations for said genera. I'll need to think about it, lol.

Re: Slasher movies I love a good psychological horror movie, and I'm not into "gore" movies really. However, anything can be awesome when well-placed. And I know a few movies where one good gore scene made the whole movie worth watching. One of them was "Mirrors" where the chick gets her jaw ripped out... Nevermind, just watch it yourself. qHMZZBNG-0k

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Slasher movies That was a bit different. I've always liked that actress and I was surprised that she did a nude scene. I recognized her from Starship Troopers, Strangeland and Outside Providence. All three are good movies. Well...Strangeland is painfully slow and stars Dee Snyder so yeah, lol.

• 1 month later...

Re: Slasher movies I really just like any movie thats scary or psychological, or both one of my favourite movies recently is Paranormal Activity, its got some good scares but most of them are actually off camera, I think that makes it worse, when you have to Imagine yourself whats going on somehow it always makes things scarier, also Silence Of The Lambs and the first Alien movie are high on my list of faves

Re: Slasher movies

oh and my fave non-horror/thriller/whatever movie is Batman: The Dark Knight' date=' Heath Ledger played The Joker so well in that movie[/quote'] Once again, we disagree. :lol: I couldn't stand him as the joker. I also thought that film was considerably weaker than the first.

Re: Slasher movies ha yeah looks like, I think Heath played Joker a little darker then the Batman movies of the '90's and it seems to me people either really liked the way he did it or despised it, in my opinion Dark Knight is on par with Batman Begins actually the Batman movies are a rarity for me, I hate just about every other comic hero movie i.e. Spider-Man

Re: Slasher movies I'm in agreement with you there. I grew up reading Marvel comics and I was so excited for these movies and was sorely let down. Except for the first two Spider-Man and Iron Man films. (I didn't like the Iron Man comic but the movies were great!). I'm hoping the Avengers will be good. I've yet to see Captain America, I'm waiting for that to stream on netflix. I love the first two Batman movies from the 90's. They were just fun films. The thing that I like about Jack Nicholson as the joker was he actually looked crazy. If you ever go to an asylum, they wear his expression. Ledger didn't do anything revolutionary. The joker is crazy, he didn't come off as crazy to me in the film. One thing that I really liked about the Batman reboot was it was plausible. There were no crazy super-powered people, just armored fighters and practical devices. Both movies had that and that realism was utilized very well. After reading about the the villains in the third movie it's clear that they've lost it. Specifically since they're using the Bane character. I doubt I'll watch this movie at all.

Re: Slasher movies Jack Nicholson was a great joker, and is one of the greatest actors of all time, but let's be honest, he was really just playing Hack Nicholson in makeup. Heath Ledger was the different take, the deranged psychopath right in the public eye, but shrouded in mystery. Christian Bale has been one if my favorite actors since he was Patrick Bateman in the fantastic American Psycho, so all around it was a great movie filled with great performances, with the exception of Maggie Gyllenhall.

Re: Slasher movies

Jack Nicholson was a great joker' date=' and is one of the greatest actors of all time, but let's be honest, he was really just playing Hack Nicholson in makeup. Heath Ledger was the different take, the deranged psychopath right in the public eye, but shrouded in mystery. Christian Bale has been one if my favorite actors since he was Patrick Bateman in the fantastic American Psycho, so all around it was a great movie filled with great performances, with the exception of Maggie Gyllenhall.[/quote'] My aunt said something regarding Nicholson years ago that I found to be true. Jack plays Jack in every roll he's ever done. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, but you've seen him once you've seen him in everything. Christian was a good choice for Batman (and Bateman). I don't know who could've done a better job. Gyllenhall was a poor choice and is a terrible actress. And easily one of the ugliest women (if she can so be called) in existence.)

Re: Slasher movies speaking of actors that are just meant to play certain roles Anthony Hopkins really only ever works as the villain, and more often then not a rather intelligent villain, Hannibal Lector for example, I once saw a movie where he played the lead hero role but it just didn't work

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...