What other metal forums/metal news sites do you frequent?

orcslayr23

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I frequent WesternFront's page a lot (they deal exclusively in Australian metal bands and tours). Also recently rejoined Doommantia.com's forum and I'm also on MetalReviews.com's forum. I don't have any time for metal mags I prefer to just listen to stuff and forumulate my own opinion as opposed to being told "listen to band x they're awesome". Kind of why I created a slew of recommendations threads to see what's out there and decide whether I liked what I heard.

This place is my number 1 forum but it was down for about a month late last year/early this year (which is when I joined MetalReviews after a nasty experience on another forum where I was chastised just for joining). It's pretty quiet around there now but early on it was an interesting place. As for Doommantia as the name suggests it's a doom-specific forum. Since Doom is my favourite sub-genre (and has been really since I discovered it) I figured it might be a good place to check out but it's pretty much on life support so don't know if I'll bother with it too much longer.

I only use this forum and doommantia. I've been on others but most are either dead or very cliquey and therefore impossible to break into. As far as magazine I used to buy Metal Maniacs and for a short period Metal Edge. I had a few Pit magazines but that company was run by complete retards. Terrorizer is one I get from time to time if they have some interesting bands on the cover. The same goes for Classic Rock and Metal Hammer, though its been about a year or more since I bought any magazines; and it's for no other reason than they've been promoting poser bands.

Re: What other metal forums/metal news sites do you frequent? The first metal forum I ever posted on was on Amazon.com, probably about 5-6 years ago. I bought a CD from them and saw a link to some metal conversations, and got hooked on discussions with the regulars. Really good core group over there, some shitheads, but it was mostly solid. One of the main users got banned (their profanity restrictions were beyond stupid) and the place was getting overrun with trolls, so a couple of the regulars started their own forum called Metal Valhalla to craft something better. Metal Valhalla was awesome, great conversations about metal, beer, movies, funny stories, great times were had by all. The site got slow a couple of years ago, some people left, and I got burned out on the forum experience. A few months later, I got the urge to join in again when I got a random invite to join some new forum, which I really enjoyed. It didn't last long though, a few months later it was gone with no explanation. Mike then told me that he had found this place, and I've been here since. I'm on other forums as well, I can't say that any are my "main forum" though, as I do a lot of posting on all of them, except one that was recently hacked that I never really participated in much. I would rather not discuss which ones they are, as I try to maintain more anonymity with them because of some weird occurrences I've had. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

actually my first experience with forums was the forum on the Khold website. It was tiny, but the band members were regulars and we had a black metal band to talk about. It was nice to connect with working musicians and hear the good and the bad firsthand. Of course the forum went with the band. Too bad. But I still really like Khold.

Re: What other metal forums/metal news sites do you frequent?

actually my first experience with forums was the forum on the Khold website. It was tiny' date=' but the band members were regulars and we had a black metal band to talk about. It was nice to connect with working musicians and hear the good and the bad firsthand. Of course the forum went with the band. Too bad. But I still really like Khold.[/quote'] I like Khold too. That Sarke album I just picked up is Sarke's new band with Nocturno Culto on vocals. It's sounding good so far, old school Celtic Frost vibe, but some original touches like 70's atmosphere and keyboards. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Oh' date=' sweet! I'll have to look for that. I'm a fan of Tulus as well. The guy from Khold that we talked to the most was Rinn.[/quote'] Sarke was the drummer in Tulus as well, whom I haven't heard much from. One on the endless list of artists to track down... Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

I'm a bit annoyed with WesternFront they keep on promising a forum but never deliver on it. I could get some great pointers from my fellow Aussies on what the best bands (new and old) we've got to offer are.
There are a few Aussies on one of my other forums, which is where I got the info for those shows I told you about. For the Aussie scene, I know a few old school bands and a few less new school bands, but it seems like there's currently a thriving extreme metal scene. I don't have releases from many of these bands, but what I've heard from groups like Impetuous Ritual, Cemetary Urn, Mongrel's Cross, Nocturnal Graves, Drowning the Light, Denouncement Pyre, Altars, Cauldron Black Ram, etc... all sound pretty good. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

I regularly check No Clean Singing (metal news/reviews/random), From the Dust Returned (reviews), and Lambgoat (news/legendary trolling). I also get Facebook feeds from record labels, bands, and various blogs including: Black Metal and Brews, Total Deathcore, Metal Bandcamp.