• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The new EP is off to the mastering studio, and out of my hands for the time being. No release date yet, but I hope to have the finished product within a week. I'm psyched. Here's the cover art:

Here's a link to an early stream of the title track from the EP, along with an interview, courtesy of Aversionline.com. Full EP premiere next week! https://www.aversionline.com/view/track-premier

Hey everyone - the new recording is officially available for streaming and purchase on Bandcamp today. For your convenience and listening pleasure, here's the full youtube player, as well as links to

Hey FA- Read the interview & the review and even managed to listen to the entire stream before dinner.

I was sold 30 seconds in..really enjoyed the whole thing. Without really singling one particular aspect out over another.....I gotta say .......the vocals are awesome.

I've sent the bandcamp link to a few friends down here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, True Belief said:

Hey FA- Read the interview & the review and even managed to listen to the entire stream before dinner.

I was sold 30 seconds in..really enjoyed the whole thing. Without really singling one particular aspect out over another.....I gotta say .......the vocals are awesome.

I've sent the bandcamp link to a few friends down here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad you dig it! Thank you for listening and for sharing, I really appreciate that. :)

Hey everyone - the new recording is officially available for streaming and purchase on Bandcamp today. For your convenience and listening pleasure, here's the full youtube player, as well as links to the Bandcamp page and a new review from Metal Trenches. If you haven't listened to this yet, I hope you'll check it out.

Bandcamp:

https://black-harvest.bandcamp.com/album/attrition

Review:

http://metaltrenches.com/reviews/attrition-933

• 7 months later...

I'm really happy that "Attrition" was included on Austin Weber's year-end list at No Clean Singing. A bunch of my other favorites wound up here as well, and I'm honored to see Black Harvest mentioned alongside them.

http://www.nocleansinging.com/2018/01/04/listmania-2017-a-year-end-list-from-austin-weber/

13 minutes ago, FatherAlabaster said:

I'm really happy that "Attrition" was included on Austin Weber's year-end list at No Clean Singing. A bunch of my other favorites wound up here as well, and I'm honored to see Black Harvest mentioned alongside them.

http://www.nocleansinging.com/2018/01/04/listmania-2017-a-year-end-list-from-austin-weber/

That’s fantastic buddy congratulations kisnor 

Right on. Based on the other picks he has listed, Black Harvest seems to be right in his wheelhouse.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...

Edit: moved from the lyrics thread - the lyrics for the upcoming EP.

_____

The Herald King:

Ah, you must have been born deaf
and remained so all this time
and kept your face turned away
from the horrors of the world

Now you've come outside
and all you hear is screams
rising all around
no wonder you're afraid

After all, you were made for finer things
not the clash of riots
or the theft of inner peace

So life has prepared you well
for sitting safe behind walls
using bodies of men as shields
as whips when shields won't do

Hide until the world is quiet
hide as the lights go out
the songs disappear

Then such a brave figure you'll cut
all righteous fury
uniform silhouettes
the mask of order
hiding the heart of a mob

This profusion of color
must be a shock
no wonder you're afraid

But oh, to be out there in the tumult
dust on the air, blood in our veins

See how we dance
in the dust and clay
even when blood spills
even with dogs among us

Here is the sense of purpose that you lack
even with the might of
all these faceless drones gathered around
the only power that you hold
use it once and it's gone

See how we dance
not the twitch of puppet strings
not a thirst for finer things
not some need to be seen to control
from many mouths
one voice rises up

Even in your high white hall
even with doors locked and barred
however you might rage
wherever you might hide

Hark, the herald king of shit
cowering there behind his wall
until the sun came through the gate
burned it all down to ash

I can see it rising  

Oracle:

Come, Muses, and sing through me
of the sunlit next world
come, sages, show me the path
to a calm harbor after pain

Who asks, and from what depths?
the owner, the architect,
the innermost core of being
or a blind fool in chains?
tell us what you can see
from a place above us all
from a trap inside your mind 
powerless to change
flying ever outward
no more free than a stone
cast from the heights

The more that I chase,
the harder I grasp,
the more I am empty
ah, like a forest clearing
open like a cup for the light
I've heard the wound
is the place where it enters
bright on the barren earth
too late for us

Scour the flesh
scrape the rot away
leave what's left
whether or not it can move
on its own

Was it power to call the wind,
or just coincidence
that you cried out aloud
when the storm was rising up?

Read some sign in the leaves
the arrangement of scattered bones
the cry of a witless bird 
the position of its broken corpse
tell me everything
I was blind before
I was blind to it all

The scar pulls at my skin
tearing, burning
the omnipresent flaw
a gaping void no more
salt sharp on the air
skin bare to the water
not a thing we've built
here deserves to last
no monument for men like us

I can see it shining overhead
even with my eyes gone
no matter what else you take

Come knit this scattered prayer
into a new order
maybe this time, this door,
this new branch in the road
will lead you somewhere
anywhere at all

I fall behind, until I'm gone
in a mist of white
I don't belong among you
and I can no longer see
in the distance

Abandon:

Always healing, never healed
overflowing, never filled
I can remember sharp and clear
right here is the place
where we were torn apart

Part of me is buried there
a severed limb
that nobody else can see
a fire that burns
but no one else can feel
a scream you'll never hear
a fear you'll never know

And it was me
who chose this bitter path beside you
wherever it might go
but it was you
who climbed the mountain while I watched
you're vanishing right now
vanishing

If only I had stayed
in perfect silence
if only I could find
silence somewhere
far away from the world

I'll open my heart up
let the gods come in
take pure joy in a new life
here as a marionette

Sometimes I embrace it
freedom of a sort
frozen in a dance
that's been decided from the start

But oh, I said I would take part
the last choice I ever had
you're climbing up so high
with such abandon

The greatest fool in all the world
is not the one who follows blind
but the one who found truth
and chose with open eyes
to leave it all behind

Part of me is buried there
it's never coming back
only empty air
where can you have gone?

Will you turn now,
turn away and abandon
everything and run?
I was never ready
it's not an answer but I know
that it's the truth
and yet I come

The sun is at my back 

The new Black Harvest EP, "Sun Across The Fields", is out for mastering. I can't wait to share the finished product. Here's that new Schecter guitar in action on a short cellphone video of one of the lead lines from the last track, not super flashy but it's fun to play. I hope you enjoy it too.

13 hours ago, FatherAlabaster said:

The new Black Harvest EP, "Sun Across The Fields", is out for mastering. I can't wait to share the finished product. Here's that new Schecter guitar in action on a short cellphone video of one of the lead lines from the last track, not super flashy but it's fun to play. I hope you enjoy it too.

Looking forwards to the EP, liking what I heard on that snippet.

Also, get a haircut.😂

• 3 weeks later...

Really excited to be able to share this - a full stream of the new Black Harvest EP, along with a brief review, hosted by Metal Injection. I'm very happy with the final product on this one. If you're interested in the melodic and progressive sides of black and death metal, I hope you'll check it out.

https://metalinjection.net/av/new-music/mercurial-genre-benders-black-harvest-reinvent-themselves-once-more-on-sun-across-the-fields

"Sun Across The Fields" is now up in full on our Youtube channel and available on Bandcamp. Black Harvest's most melodic/progressive offering to date. Three long-format tracks over 31 minutes. This one was a real joy to make. Here's the Bandcamp link: https://black-harvest.bandcamp.com/album/sun-across-the-fields

• 2 weeks later...

My thanks to Aversionline for this kind write-up of the new EP, featuring the closing track "Abandon". Andrew has written about BH at a few points over the years since 2005 and I'm glad the new material resonates with him.

https://www.aversionline.com/view/black-harvest-abandon-from-sun-across-the-fields-self-released-2020