FatherAlabaster

Black Harvest

Your Ad Here
Support the forum, get a special badge and promote yourself to thousands of Metal fans. Click the above link to get started!

I guess I'm not the only one that heard old Extol as a point of reference... ;) Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Honestly you could throw in new Extol as well, some Black Harvest reminds me of their latest (5th album).

Honestly you could throw in new Extol as well, some Black Harvest reminds me of their latest (5th album).

They lost me after Undeceived, so I wouldn't know what their newest sounds like. I remember hearing a track from their fourth one that just sounded like metalcore, nothing special. Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Nice alabaster, I like it. It's got lots of parts. The choral type singing at the beginning and in the break, if that is what you would call it about a half the way through, perhaps that is more of a break. I also like your signature thump before a stop.

Do I hear you threatening to destroy the world? I hope you don't follow through on that, because I for one am not done with it just yet.

Once again good work.  It's been a good day for a bit of jarring rhythm and demented vocals.

Feel free to destroy the world - I will survive and I am happy to save the denizens of MF.  Provided you all agree to live in a future world built on the bones of our victims we could make a real utopia!

The new EP is off to the mastering studio, and out of my hands for the time being. No release date yet, but I hope to have the finished product within a week. I'm psyched. Here's the cover art:

16649427_1235855979785227_73400542873210

And here's a crappy cellphone video I just made, of a little acoustic interlude piece that I really like, but can never seem to play exactly right. Nevertheless, I wanted to share it.

Can't wait to share the rest!

8 hours ago, Requiem said:

I've only just discovered this thread! Nice work on the guitar there FA. Very mesmerising. I'm now checking Black Harvest out on youtube. 

Thank you. :) Check out the Bandcamp page if you're interested, I've got all three full-lengths streaming there. I don't think they're up in full on YouTube. You might enjoy "Ingrate", given your taste.

On 4/3/2017 at 11:38 PM, fumigate said:

WHEN IS THE FUCKING RELEASE DATE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?

I'm not sure yet, working on some pre-release promo stuff and finishing up with masters. Soon! Not soon enough! :)

1 hour ago, JudgeDread said:

i liked it, iv hit you up on souncloud 

I stopped using my SoundCloud account a while back since the whole thing seems to have gotten taken over by spammers. Bandcamp and YouTube are where I post all my music, and the FB page and this forum are the best places to get in touch. Thanks for checking it out!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Your Ad Here
    Support the forum, get a special badge and promote yourself to thousands of Metal fans. Click the above link to get started!
  • Our picks

• Black metal is the snow-covered forest at sunset; the full moon glimpsed through jagged trees; the candle that flickers in ghost winds; the indelible emptiness of the lonely human soul that cries out to empty skies.
      • Reputation Points

• I’ve been watching a bunch of nature documentaries recently. Dangerous animals only, for the most part, because I refuse to devote an hour of my life watching turtles mosey around the deep blue. Additionally, I’ve sought out very in-depth material so I can appreciate the animal being analyzed. As a result I’ve been able to watch a decent amount of material closely scrutinizing the habits of predators, and that’s given me a particularly good context for understanding Sadist’s 2015 album “Hyena”.

This album is intended to track the habits of a hyena. Seems a bit on the nose, but bear with me; the album’s style is important. The album takes the listener on a markedly violent safari in an open-top jeep. Feel the wind in your hair, enjoy the natural splendor of the savannah, watch some animals murder and/or eat each other. Bring along some Mango Jive but for goodness sake leave your droewors back at the hut. Musically, as far as the metal goes – it’s a technical death/thrash album with the ferocity of the latter and the substance of the former. The vocals are higher-pitched snarls, characteristic of Sadist and perfect for the concept; in fact the entire production isolates the smooth bass to allow for moodier lines from said instrument.

I’ve always noticed that in the grand sweep of folk metal African music usually gets left out. Makes some sense – I’ve heard quite a lot of traditional African music and it’s way too happy and tropical. Then again, Dan Swano, Skindred and even Equilibrium have managed to make Caribbean music work in metal, so it’s not impossible. The next best thing is something thematically evocative, which is what “Hyena” represents. It’s not perfect; Sadist could have paced out the textures better and deepened the nature sounds, perhaps taking influence from the largely untouchable Russo-Finnish metal masters Second To Sun. That being said, it’s a one-of-a-kind work and Sadist deserves credit for taking their vicious brand of tech-death on a sun-bleached adventure into the wild.
      • Reputation Points

• 0 replies
    • After listening to both albums, I am having difficulty deciding which I think is better.  Both have excellent songs and guitar work, and express the atmosphere of Burzum extremely.  Personally, however, I think that the vocals are delivered better on Filosofem.  Filosofem also has more songs, but the 25 minute synth track is not as good as Tomhet.  What do you all think?
      • 13 replies
    • Post photos of your various collections here! 

Here are three shots of my black metal collection. The first is the whole thing, but i've also included two closer shots that should be clearer when zooming in etc.  

Entire Black Metal CD collection: 

Top half:

Bottom half: 
      • 96 replies
    • On BM scene there are also good worth of attention female vocalists. Some of my fav bands.

1 Astarte - All female black metal band from Greece. In my opinion Tristessa is one of the best female growler.

2 Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult - Onielar and her growls and style are something amazing. Nothing more nothing less. 

3 Gedanken Toten Lebens - Interesting one-woman atmospheric black metal project. Lyrics are about naure, death and philosophy. 

Who is your favourite black metal female vocalist? Do you like these bands? Or maybe you think black metal isn't for women? Let's start the discussion!
      • 14 replies