Welcome to Metal Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlackFuckingMetal666

Electric Wizard

49 posts in this topic

Re: Electric Wizard

I like that stuff, but I don't really consider it heavy. Gloomy is more like it. Not that there's anything wrong with gloomy.
Yeah, Katatonia was never a band I would consider heavy, just crushingly depressing early on. Dance of December Souls is one of my favorite doom albums, but the reason is the melodies and vocals, and the beautiful (as opposed to crunchy) riffs. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Electric Wizard makes me want to take off into the void at a million miles an hour in a Spaceship made of metal alloys tainted with radioactivity. It makes me feel that way and then it just never lifts off and does it. I don't blame them, because I don't know how it could be done musically, but the sense of yearning is enormous.

Brilliant fucking band. Each album feels like a different little sliver of this grueling journey through different realms of space, time, and hell. Dopethrone changed my life at 17 (with the help of a little hallucinogens and a fast car) and I've been hooked ever since

17 days later Im too compelled to not post, how there are truly not enough words to describe how fantastic this band is. I've noted how a few of their albums have a different feel to them, I've been spinning Witchcult Today a lot the past few weeks, its got this surreal sense of impending doom but still an ultra-groovy almost partyish vibe, like its celebrating the end times.

As much as I like them, they're pretty overrated. Some of their songs and albums tend to drag a bit, and they're not even close to my favorite stoner/doom bands in terms of songwriting. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Fffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllloooooooooppppppppppppppppppooooooooooooolllllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssssss

As much as I like them, they're pretty overrated. Some of their songs and albums tend to drag a bit, and they're not even close to my favorite stoner/doom bands in terms of songwriting. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
Yeah BAN, I agree, their big positive attribute is being wicked heavy, also they name albums and songs well, and I like their self made album covers. I'm listening to some Burning Witch right now, Thanks Alabaster, and indeed it is heavy, and hella sinister. But no wall of sounds heavy like Electric Wizard, great vocals though apparently dripping with pathos. I like the vocals on Electric Wizard the way they are swamped by the music yet still seem forceful, but I would say the voice out in front style of the Burning Witch stuff I've heard tonight is more crafty. If there are any other bands as heavy as Electric Wizard and Wndhand I love to hear about them.

Time to Die may be their best release since Dopethrone. I love Dopethrone, but it drags a bit to me towards the end (guess that means it's time to take another drag). Time to Die stays pretty consistently awesome throughout.

Time to Die may be their best release since Dopethrone. I love Dopethrone' date=' but it drags a bit to me towards the end (guess that means it's time to take another drag). Time to Die stays pretty consistently awesome throughout.[/quote'] Yeah I really dig Time to Die.

It just occurred to me that the title "Time to Die" may be an allusion to the title "Never Say Die", which I would construe as a hint that Electric Wizard does not intent to make any more albums ofter this as I don't imagine they care much for post Ozzy Sabbath. I can't imagine that would really be the case, that they are finishing up, as their star seems to be rising. Has anyone read or heard anything about the bands future plans?

All I know is they posted their US & Canada tour dates a few days ago, and naturally they aren't coming anywhere near Georgia. Which means, I'll be in NYC April 2nd, for the second show of the tour. I'd have loved to make the Philly show but its at the beginning of the week. Im not missing this damn tour.

All I know is they posted their US & Canada tour dates a few days ago' date=' and naturally they aren't coming anywhere near Georgia. Which means, I'll be in NYC April 2nd, for the second show of the tour. I'd have loved to make the Philly show but its at the beginning of the week. Im not missing this damn tour.[/quote'] My buddy tried to book this show, but the band never got back to him. There must have been another offer from someone else, as they booked a date in SLC anyway.

Well, they came and went and I did not get down to the show in Boston, but I don't regret it too much. There is a Boston band called Magic Circle that I would rather see. I don't know what their schedule is if they even have one. From the clips that I've seen of Electric Wizard love, they do not seem like they really make much of an effort to put on a proper rock show, but that may simply be sour grapes on my part.

Well' date=' they came and went and I did not get down to the show in Boston, but I don't regret it too much. There is a Boston band called Magic Circle that I would rather see. I don't know what their schedule is if they even have one. From the clips that I've seen of Electric Wizard love, they do not seem like they really make much of an effort to put on a proper rock show, but that may simply be sour grapes on my part.[/quote'] I think my favorite Boston band is Grief, it's too bad they're not around anymore...

They are a good band, and I enjoy them a lot. I've been listening to them some the last few days (well... one album and part of another). I like the new album Time to Die is the title I think. I way dig the 70's image the way they do it, and I like the album art they use as well. I gather one of the band members makes the album art. If I were in charge of their sound I'd recommend a little more negative space in their compositions and some more clarity in a few places. I like the noisy and sludgy bits, but I feel like they should come up for a little air no and again if that makes sense. Often I play their stuff while going to bed, it's great for that. One of my favorite bands, I've just a few complaints is all.

On 8/22/2013 at 5:05 PM, BlackFuckingMetal666 said:

So who likes Electric Wizard?

I do! If you like them, you should most definitely check out "Acid Witch"!