BlackFuckingMetal666

Songs that affect you

22 minutes ago, AlexandriAxMansoN said:

Thank you so much! I plan to stay here. I'd rather be here with like-minded people than other social media where stupidity and craziness are scattered far and wide. lol :D

I left one out that I just had to pop up in my suggestions on YouTube.. It's another song by The Plot In You, and though I love this band to pieces, it makes me cringe with horrific reminders from my past. The band has evolved A LOT since this came out.. This is off of their first album, which is far more heavy and brutal than what they have today. Their front-man, Landon Tewers, even wrote a solo song making fun of the way his voice sounds in this particular song.(he's also just a natural comedian,lol) The guy is MEGA-TALENTED, with a very wide vocal range, and has proven that 1000x over with his solo stuff, and his music with the band. You'd really have to sample a little of all of his work to see what I mean. The dude can practically do anything. But their song "Wife Beater" brings back terrible past memories with just the song lyrics, but the video is absolutely horrifying to watch for anyone who has endured being in an abusive relationship. I'll post the lyrics, and a link to the video. But I'll warn you, the video is extremely graphic, and can trigger some people, so I don't recommend watching it if the lyrics disturb you in the slightest bit."Domestic Violence" doesn't quite describe it correctly. O.o

"Wife Beater" -The Plot In You

this house was trashed, fists were red with the blood of his children
her water breaks, damned a new life into theirs
these months have blown away, your impulse shakes these walls to shame
their hands reach out to you and leave the same
she's lost respect for you, you died the day your son was born
there's nothing left for you, there's nothing left for you to do
you're just a nightmare, you're just a ghost, 
you'll wish you never had this life before
Now your sons have turned away, the oldest takes your place
one day he'll have the strength to take you on
Father - "I don't know what you expect from me anymore, 
I have made mistakes but that's not me anymore"
His fists get tighter, your days grow shorter
Son - "You raise your hand again, you just might lose it. 
I am not playing around father. 
You better pray before you touch her, I will tear you apart."
the nights it's darkest, the children hidden in their rooms
this is your chance, to make her scream again
he smells the plot in you, he knows you've waited to long
the time has come for you to get what you want

Songs that affect me..hmm..these songs never fail to move me

Shining - Neka Morgondagen

ColdWorld - Void

Nocturnal Depression - Isolement / Acedie / Dead Children

Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart

Arthemesia - Breeze of Grief

Burzum - Key to the Gate

Windir - Fagning

Oh yeh..how could I miss out..Johnny Cash - Hurt

15 hours ago, natassja7 said:

Songs that affect me..hmm..these songs never fail to move me inside..

Shining - Neka Morgondagen

ColdWorld - Void

Nocturnal Depression - Isolement / Acedie / Dead Children

Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart

Arthemesia - Breeze of Grief

Burzum - Key to the Gate

Oh yeh..how could I miss out..Johnny Cash - Hurt

That Johnny Cash version is great.

I'll also throw these affecting hats into the ring:

Ozzy Osbourne - Life Won't Wait

Anathema - Angels Walk Among Us

Paradise Lost - Beneath Broken Earth

7 hours ago, Requiem said:

That Johnny Cash version is great.

I'll also throw these affecting hats into the ring:

Ozzy Osbourne - Life Won't Wait

Anathema - Angels Walk Among Us

Paradise Lost - Beneath Broken Earth

Yeh..like its a great song anyway but that version kills me.  I like Leona Lewis doin it too..

6 hours ago, BlutAusNerd said:

Johnny was the man. What a way to make a cover better than the original.

Johnny was fuckin great. Oh yeh speaking of NIN..Something I Can Never Have needs to go on my list..

I know it's not a metal song but it's a country song every storm runs out of rain by Gary Allan  reminds me of grandma  and grandpa  it was a song that reminds of the the pain they passed away  I don't listein to this song anymore

Pretty sure nobody else will be affected by this song the way I am, but "I AM" by Theocracy is a prog-power masterwork. Matt Smith can me a spectacular composer when he wants to be, and the vocal arrangements here are superb. It's also a magnificent triumphant hymn of Easter, one man's attempt to depict the fullness of God with a compelling simplistic lyric structure.

My favorite song is "Long Way Home" by Threshold. At first it was because it was the coolest and techiest song I'd ever heard. That's definitely not true, but its lyrics have stood the test of time. A simple but under-examined notion, about a man who knows what he has to do but is just taking a long time to do it and knows he must overcome his own flaws in order to ensure his future. He knows what he must do, it only remains to summon the will to do it. The general idea continues to be very strongly pertinent to my own life. It's a solid song besides, Threshold at their best with the one and only Andrew MacDermott at the helm.

Touch of blessing by evergrey has affected me in a good way it’s help me with my spiritual beliefs  it’s brings me a lot of positive s so has amaranthes songs like nexus invincible maxamise boomerang  and rest helps with me with my positivity as well 

For me it would be A Change of Seasons by Dream Theater, one of my favorite songs. Music alone is fantastic journey into theater of dreams. Song really shows off what these guys are able to do. And of course, lyrics written by drummer Mike Portnoy about loss of his mother and lesson to seize the day or ˝Carpe Diem˝ on Latin. Song hits pretty hard both mind and heart. It made think about my decisions in past and made me get up and do something about myself. Made me feel the real world and in a way. I recommend it to everyone despite of genre they prefer.

I remember to this day the first time I heard War Ensemble by Slayer. I knew I was a metalhead for sure at that point. That and maybe Scream Bloody Gore collectively as an album. Death has always impacted me greatly.

I couldn’t answer for sure which song affects me the MOST but two that will always always tear me apart while giving me comfort at the same time are 'Bloodhail' and 'The Big Gloom' by Have A Nice Life. 

During the deepest and worst phases of mental illness I would listen to these songs on repeat while sinking beers, shouting the words as tears poured down my cheeks. The lyrics are fantastic and the sound design is so disgusting in a good way: it makes you feel filthy, the production alone produces the feeling that the song was made for you and how you feel.

Utter hopelessness

For some reason songs about fictional characters going through great trials. "Wheel of Time" of Blind Guardian comes to mind. The whole part onwards from "the young man said I will never give up, the inner war, I can hold against it" is possibly the most mesmerizing piece of music I ever heard. The whole story captures the battle of light and dark within us all so perfectly. 

For songs about real events, Sabaton's "The Price of a Mile", "A Lifetime of War" and "The Final Solution". Especially the Final Solution, because it's part of my country's history. What's been done to minorities in this country only 80 years ago is just incomprehensible for me, I think for most people who didn't live through it. And nowadays, we still have issues, but nowadays persecuted people from other countries see asylum in Germany. The Final Solution is sad for the events it talks about, but it also symbolizes how far Germany has come since those events. It's not easy for a song to be moving to me, but "The Final Solution" makes me cry.

For a non-metal song, "Why" by Nicole Nordeman. You know, religion is responsible for a lot of shit, and I'm not even Christian anymore (agnostic), but the story of Jesus is still inspiring. God is too much like a holier than thou, far removed entity for me to believe in, but the Jesus of Christian theology really gave a shit about the weak and the poor. He embodies the philosophy that you should care about people even when you don't have to and it's inconvenient, for no other reason than it's the right thing to do.