Songs that affect you

5rswT58Jfc4 Ill start here, This Majestic piece of brilliant art affected me already on the first spin. Goosebumps is just the beginning, loose grip of reality and then suddenly 14 minutes just passed. Carl Mccoy's blessing of making a vocal appearance just makes it even better. Remember reading a interview with the singer where he said that he had to take a walk after this song was done to grip the fact of what they just had created. I relate to that. Never get tired of it, and it blows me away every single time. I dont need to explain that this was a positive reaction. You have two questions in the same sentence. First of which song that affects the most and then what song that could describe your life best. This answered the first so im making another reply to the other one when i have out a bit of thought too it.

The song that affects me the most isn't actually one I like. Watching Over Me by Iced Earth affects me like no other song I have ever heard for deeply personal reasons I'm not comfortable sharing however the song itself is no good at all. As for the song most akin to my life I would say Mother - Water, The Great Ocean Wept by Mournful Congregation given the souless emptiness of crippling depression that song captures perfectly applies to my frame of mind over the last few months

Wow, that all depends on my mood, time of day, what I've had to drink. A bunch of them aren't metal, either. Here's one that always grabs me: Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb But if I'm already in a crappy mood, let's call it: Swans - Stay Here And this might sound self-involved, but honestly the songs that get to me the most are two that I wrote years ago, one for a friend that was killed, one for my grandfather as he was dying of Parkinson's. Not like they're the bestest songs evar!!! but I re-live those experiences whenever I hear them, which isn't often. I can't imagine playing them live, I would probably break down halfway through. Here's where my screen name comes from: 7cE-8FtPaSk This is NOT intended to be a shameless plug. This recording was done almost ten years ago. Still might be one of my best, and it's very hard for me to listen to.

Hmm this is a seriously hard thread to post in! haha to many song's mean so much to me :D But the song that affects me the most (in both positive and negative ways) and has real meaning to me would be: ngvsNwFuoXw And a song that is relative to my life and how I feel about things would be this one , Not word for word But I was going through a rough time when I first heard it and it just made me feel like I was ok: mzk1zqXAGlQ

It's really hard and I have to do some thinking as I'm easilly affected by the world that surrounds me and it's not so hard to make me sad,worried or to put a smile on my face. Altough most of the people that don't bother to know me so well tell that I'm very balanced and steady since I don't really express it in front of people. The songs that really affect me usually tell a story, and have a heavy imagery. I love to listen to stories, the feeling that they transfer is much more complex than lyrics like "I'm sooo sad and depressed" or "I want to do this and that", if you can get me. I'm in love with murder ballads as most of you know. Johnny Cash, Nick Cave, Bob Dylan make my hair stand up. But I'll be more specific later when I think a bit about it:)

All the men from my family are/were in the militaries. Those who I know well, my grandfather and my father, are two radically different persons. It's quite bizarre how they worked the same thing and have nothing in common. But my grandfather is a great storyteller which explains my love for stories. I like epic songs but they're not the ones that affect me the most. I'm a bit like a kid that requests the same bedtime story until its brain can process it when it's with songs, and I don't think now I have THAT song. But I went through Strange world by Iron Maiden, last one was Heal Me by Gamma Ray, I had Brother my cup is empty&Papa won't leave you, Henry by Nick Cave at some point, and My back Pages by Bob Dylan. But I already processed those I think.

Woods of Ypres - Woods 5: Grey Skies and Electric Light is the most emotionally crushing album i've ever heard, especially considering David Gold (founder and creative core of the band) completed this album just before he died. The lyrics are the highlight because they are so intensely personal when it comes to topics like death, lack of belief in an afterlife, loss, and appreciating the time you have and the ones you love. It's the only piece of music i've heard that brought tears to my eyes, so for that reason alone I can't recommend this album enough.

• 1 month later...

The introduction band for me was Iron Maiden and one of their best songs and the first songs i've ever listened is Infinite dreams. In my opinion this song is a masterpiece and it has affected my life, my personality and everything about me because every word and every part of the music describes me and my concerns and thoughts and all the feelings. I could say that the first thought when i listen to this song was " This is me ". The feeling was indescribable. I felt it all over my body. I think i was so ecstatic that i got stoned or something. Then I realise how much i i identify with the character of this song and this song became part of my flesh and soul. Enjoy it:

And the lyrics: Infinite dreams i'can't deny them Infinity is hard to comprehend I couldn't hear those screams Even in my wildest dreams Suffocation waking in a sweat Scared to fall asleep again Incase the dream begins again Someone chasing I cannot move Standing rigid a nightmare's statue What a dream when will it end And will I trancend? Restless sleep the minds in turmoil One nightmare ends another fertile Getting me so scared to sleep But scared to wake now, in to deep Even though it's reached new heights I rather like the restless nights It makes me wonder it makes me think There's more to this I'm on the brink It's not the fear of what's beyond It's just that I might not respond I have an interest almost craving But would I like to get too far in? It can't be all coincedence Too many things are evident You tell me you're an unbeliever Spirtualist? well me I'm neither But wouln't you like to know the thruth Of what's out there to have the proof And find out just which side you're on Where would you end, in heaven or in hell Help me help me to find my true Self without seeing the future Save me save me from myself Even within my dreams There's got to be just more to it than this Or tell me why do we exist I'd like to think that when I die I'd get a chance some other time And to return and live again Reincarnate play the game Again and again and again

The that has affected me most throughout the years would have to be Pink Floyd - On the Turning Away. Roger Waters tries to get people to help their fellow man instead of ignoring people in need. I tend to be very helpful to those in need however I can and this song put into perspective what needs to happen to make this world a better place. I listen to this song and it makes me sad that most people will never understand what he is trying to convey to everyone. This song describes adequately how I truly feel inside and what I wish people would do.

• 3 months later...

Re: Songs that affect you

Emperor - Into The Infinity Of Thoughts - YouTube When the opening riff kicks in it still gives me goosebumps just like it did when I was fifteen. This band along with Darkthrone, Mayhem and Judas Iscariot completely changed my world.
I can certainly relate. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2