Grindcore

Depends on what you call brutal. But if you like Abominable Putridity, check out Meathook; some local groups like Macerated (VA) or Dysentery (MA)... I see you've already been after Necrophagist. Cephalic Carnage is by far my favorite of the brutal/tech/death/grind bands, already mentioned, and for something a bit older: 4GZ6RL8ZNDM

I like these bands, all of them are exactly what I was looking for. I love the Necrophagist demo tapes they are in my opinion some of the best Technical Brutal Death I've found so far. That is what actually got me into Brutal Death, I mean when I first listened to the demo tapes it really just made wonder why the fuck they didn't stick to that but at the same time I love their two albums they put so I don't know I like both ways they play. It really just kicks some major ass and whenever I listen to them I'm just blown away. Their probably my favorite metal band of all time if I had to choose one.

Glad to see you found Cattle Decap. There's a ton of good stuff out there. Since you're asking about death metal, I'd like to put a word in for some classics: Cannibal Corpse's "Tomb Of The Mutilated", Suffocation's "Pierced From Within", and Deicide's "Legion". You've probably already heard them, but maybe some younger people haven't, and today's death metal wouldn't be the same without these three albums.

I have nothing wrong with CC but to me their kinda played out. I do like Suffocation and Deicide(Glen Beck is fucking insane and I love his vocals). And I'm only 21 which i consider young but I've always had good taste in music as I look for meaningful song lyrics most of the time which is why i like Cattle Decap's A Living, Breathing Piece Of Defecating Meat. It really makes me hate humanity and human nature in general and it compels me to advocate change against our bestial nature.

I have nothing wrong with CC but to me their kinda played out. I do like Suffocation and Deicide(Glen Beck is fucking insane and I love his vocals).
Glenn Benton. Glenn Beck is a different kind of insane. I understand Cannibal Corpse being played out, but have you listened to their old shit? Not the McDonalds of death metal that they've been recently? Butchered at Birth and Tomb of the Mutilated were two of my favorite albums growing up, and even some of the Corpsegrinder material like Gallery of Suicide and Bloodthirst is still cool to hear. BTW caring about lyrics is a great quality, and one that I didn't possess until my late 20s, so you're ahead of the game there. I always had trouble understanding vocalists. Even the clean stuff.

Oops my bad, and yea I do like their albums with Chris Barnes it's just that CC was one of the very first DM bands I started listening to so at the moment it's got a little old. And with the lyrics I think I can blame that one on Insomnium and more specifically the song Journey Unknown. When I stated listening to the lyrics of that song it made me feel well I can't really describe it. I a fan of the cosmos and with to be an astronomer one day and this song conveys everything I love about the universe all in one.

If you want some more grindcore recommendations, I haven't really seen these names mentioned: Catheter, Phobia, (<----crust-punk influence) Resistant Culture, Regurgitate, Squash Bowels, (<------death-metal influence) Gadget, Antigama, Fuck the Facts, Pig Destroyer, Soilent Green (<---------technical/weird) Heartless, Full of Hell, Infest (<---fastcore/powerviolence)

I listen to Phobia' date=' Pig Destroyer, and Soilent Green. thanks for the other bands though man.[/quote'] Soilent Green is definitely one of my favorite bands. Few albums can match the sheer intensity of "Sewn Mouth Secrets" or "a Deleted Symphony for the Beaten Down".

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Re: Grindcore

My favorites are Pig Destroyer' date=' Nasum, Discordance Axis, Napalm Death, Blockheads, Nails and Antigama.[/quote'] Fuck yeah dude, I love most of those bands, but Nails is more powerviolence to my ears. Early grind is my favorite, Terrorizer, Repulsion, Carcass, Xysma, Brutal Truth, General Surgery, etc..., but modern bands like Nasum, Pig Destroyer, Rotten Sound, and even newer Napalm Death are still keeping the genre relevant. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, even new Napalm Death is good. They even did some clean vocals right? Okay, fair enough, Nails is powerviolence. In that case, Carcass and General Surgery are goregrind haha. I really like those two bands and Terrorize and Repulsion too ofcourse! Rotten Sound is good too, but I never really got into Brutal Truth. Heard their early stuff once or twice but that's it.

Let's see if I understand this genre. Are Cattle Decapitation grindcore? Also that's a really weird name for a vegan band.
I think they're deathgrind, if I remember right. I've never really listened to them, though. Cattle Decapitation isn't a weird name for an animal rights' focused band if you don't take the name to literally mean what they support. I think the whole point of the name is to emphasise the brutality of killing the cattle for food.