Whats up metalheads

I got really stuck in a rut before I joined this place I hadn't added any new bands to my collection for over a year I was just buying new cds by bands I already liked and being disappointed by those albums. No joke I was pretty much done with metal then stumbled across this forum. University picked up and I forgot about the forum for about six months came back on and since then I've tripled my collection and I've still plenty more to go through trouble is some items seem to be crazily overpriced i.e. found Immolation's Dawn Of Possession on Amazon.com cheapest coppy was $249 and they were only carrying vinyl.

Re: Whats up metalheads Glad you guys cut that naming game before I woke up, we would have been here all day. RO, The pricey copy of Dawn of Possession was probably the original Roadracer edition, you can still find the reissue that Metal Mind did a couple of years ago for a good price. BMF, You should have picked up that Nasum album, they're one of the best modern grind bands out there, and a great introduction to the genre. Also, I'm not big on Belphegor, so I definitely would have picked Nasum in that situation. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Glad you guys cut that naming game before I woke up, we would have been here all day. RO, The pricey copy of Dawn of Possession was probably the original Roadracer edition, you can still find the reissue that Metal Mind did a couple of years ago for a good price. BMF, You should have picked up that Nasum album, they're one of the best modern grind bands out there, and a great introduction to the genre. Also, I'm not big on Belphegor, so I definitely would have picked Nasum in that situation. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
That's what people keep telling me but as always I ended sticking to what I know and I've been trying to stop. It's what kept me from moving up to death metal because before I even knew what death metal was all I did was listen to Thrash and NWOBHM and didnt listen to anything else then my friend showed me Job for a Cowboy and the rest is history. Morale of the story is try something new, that's the whole reason I want to get into grindcore.

Re: Whats up metalheads

hang on a second so your gateway into death metal was a band that isn't death metal at all?
The argument can be made that newer JFaC is death metal, but I don't buy it. It's certainly not as blatantly deathcore as their early work, but I can still hear it in there. But I guess if they led someone to death metal, I can't fault them too much. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

No I suppose not however they are not a band typically associated with bridging that gap. Mind you there are stranger gateway bands. Cradle Of Filth were my gateway into extreme metal the first time around.
Why wouldn't they be? They've been trying their hardest to distance themselves from deathcore, and even though I wouldn't say that they were successful, they're more death metal than they were initially. CoF were also never purely black metal, so them bridging that gap seems more likely than Judas Iscariot. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

hang on a second so your gateway into death metal was a band that isn't death metal at all?
As reatarded as is sounds yes after I heard them I knew I wanted to listen to extreme music and ended up meeting a friend the next day who showed me obituary. Thats when I really got into death metal, I started listening to Nile, Necrophagist and Death.

Second time around Arch Enemy were the band that got me back into death metal. My DM collection now consists of Alethian, Arch Enemy, Arsis, Asphyx, Atheist, Autopsy, Benediction, Bolt Thrower, Brutality, Cadaver, Carcass, Centaurus-A, Dark Tranquility, Darkthrone's "Soulside Eclipse, Death, Deceased, Deicide, Dismember, Element, Entombed, Gorefest, Gorguts, Hellwitch, Incantation, Kronos, Miseration, Morbid Angel, Nile, Obituary, Quo Vadis, Sickening Horror and Sympathy (with Immolation on the way)

Well people since this is where my time here began I figure it a fitting end. I've been depressed for a while now and these past few weeks have been worse. About a month ago I was to move in with closest person I could family however I recently found out that he was unable to make it from Arizona to here where I live in California and will not be able to make it out indefinitely. I at the moment have no job and no money. I have been looking for a job for the past almost year and now I don't even possess the money to finish college. I have decided against my better judgement I might add to kill myself as I see life not changing anytime soon. It has been over 3 years now since I've seen my brother and I feel that judging by the recent turn of events it be quite a while until I see my brother again. I honestly just want to say fuck it. I have virtually nothing in this world and I figure I might as well leave it that way, there's no sense in trying to change things that will never change. I leave this as a sign of appreciation and a token of gratitude for all of the people here. I don't expect any of you understand this as it may seem confusing given the recent debates I've had with a few of you but just know that these conversations we had helped brighten my mood and for that I thank you all. Oh and my name is Steve for what it's worth.

Wow, I don't know what to say, I don't know your life Steve, or what goes on in it - I suppose you cannot fit all your troubles/feelings into a post and maybe you don't want to, I usually find people on forums faceless if you know what I mean - You log off and that is it but I find this troubling, I read that you were 21? I will never tell anyone what to do with their life but I will say that if I had made permanent decisions based on my thoughts and feelings when I was that age it would have been a terrible mistake, Stick around - If you have nothing left to lose you have everything to gain!

All I see in this world are all the shit filled people ignorant of the world of pain and suffering around them and yet I'm the only one who wants to do something about it and for this I get shunned away from anyone because they don't understand or they call me a hippie and and that bullshit. I do nothing but care about people and what do I get nothing I just get what very little I had taken away from me and harder I try to hold on to it the more it slips through my fingers. The more I want to help and care the more everyone around me shuts me out and pushes me away. I have no friends not because I want to but because no one takes the fucking time to understand me. Everything is this life and this world is fucked. The only thing I have left is the cold embrace of death and even that can't come the way I want it. Fuck this world and everyone in it.

All I see in this world are all the shit filled people ignorant of the world of pain and suffering around them and yet I'm the only one who wants to do something about it and for this I get shunned away from anyone because they don't understand or they call me a hippie and and that bullshit. I do nothing but care about people and what do I get nothing I just get what very little I had taken away from me and harder I try to hold on to it the more it slips through my fingers. The more I want to help and care the more everyone around me shuts me out and pushes me away. I have no friends not because I want to but because no one takes the fucking time to understand me. Everything is this life and this world is fucked. The only thing I have left is the cold embrace of death and even that can't come the way I want it. Fuck this world and everyone in it.
You're older than me, so I don't feel..."qualified" to give this advice, but...please. Don't. What I've found is that people surprise you. And, as the die-hard idealist I am, I view people as brilliant flashes of colour on the canvas of life. I'm way too sentimental and emotional for my own good, frankly, and I care too much for people who don't really care for me. That's led me to get hurt. Eventually, though, I've started slowly, but surely, letting people in...and I'm glad. They don't fully understand, even if I've simplified how I feel about things, but they've tried to, and have respected and accepted my feelings. I'm emotional. I care too much about things that probably won't happen. I overthink things, and I want to change the world for good. I'm young. We still exist. I want to leave this world having had a good life and a positive impact on others; and have remained a idealist and happy person where so many others are broken and negative. Please don't kill yourself. I don't even know you, but I'd miss you on this forum. I imagine many others feel the same. You're still so young too.

Mate, I went through depression for 2 years but after that I realised how much I had to look forward to, just ignore all those fucking arsholes. Please, the real nice people will stick around and support you. Do not kill yourself.

One of the things that I've just had to accept in my life is that people will ALWAYS let you down. It's not always their fault, people aren't perfect, and selflessness just isn't in our nature. That said, many do a great deal to go beyond standard human failings to make life worse for those around them, and the fact of the matter is that many of them will never have I come back on them in this existence. This is a broken, fucked up, depraved world, incomplete, imperfect, and unnatural/disjointed in every way. It will fill you with pain and sorrow frequently, and unfortunately the only way to avoid this is through ignorance. I personally feel that it's worth it, as there is an inverse correlation between knowledge and misery, but I wouldn't trade awareness for happiness. Being one who will pay attention, you can expect a great deal of suffering out of life, but you can also expect the good things to be sweeter, if fewer and farther between. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

One of the things that I've just had to accept in my life is that people will ALWAYS let you down. It's not always their fault, people aren't perfect, and selflessness just isn't in our nature. That said, many do a great deal to go beyond standard human failings to make life worse for those around them, and the fact of the matter is that many of them will never have I come back on them in this existence. This is a broken, fucked up, depraved world, incomplete, imperfect, and unnatural/disjointed in every way. It will fill you with pain and sorrow frequently, and unfortunately the only way to avoid this is through ignorance. I personally feel that it's worth it, as there is an inverse correlation between knowledge and misery, but I wouldn't trade awareness for happiness. Being one who will pay attention, you can expect a great deal of suffering out of life, but you can also expect the good things to be sweeter, if fewer and farther between. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
I'm grateful everyday that I was born aware of the suffering around me but I curse the fact that this world allows me to do nothing to help fix it. Maybe one day that will change and life will permit the change I wish for until then I guess I'll have to deal with waiting for that one possible chance. Thanks people I guess for now I am forced deal with the misery that is life, not that I want to but if it grants me the choice of helping humanity I'll do my best to hold out.

Re: Whats up metalheads Change should have come by now, but idiocy has become a trend that has many people chosing it to follow in the footsteps of all of the morons making millions on TV. We are well beyond the point of a revolution, but the media has cleverly kept that in check through ADD entertainment, spin and selective news reporting, distracting vitriol of supposed political "opposition" between two parties that have no real differences anymore, and a lock on our personal health through the "unquestionable accuracy" of medical science while keeping real food off of the market. It's a multi point plan that has kept the peons at bay by keeping them occupied with meaningless shit, assuring that they'll never care about real issues or have any idea about what the fuck is really going on. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2