your top 4 doom bands

On 4/12/2020 at 6:02 PM, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

Just heard candlemass's first album following your recommendation. Epicus doomicus metalicus or whatever it's called. Really good album will probably get a sneaky download without telling the wife ūü§£¬† Absolute classic and more eclectic than was expecting but in a good way but very much doom. Ive heard before metal was defined by tons of subgenres bands were a bit more eclectic in whaat styles they played. Am I way off on this? Also always assumed opeth had this very original sound but seems like they were inspired by the great candlemass as to me certain aspects of sections are similar.¬†

Yeah man that album is so rad.... I think a lot of underrated bands get passed on..... Right now I have this fascination with battle doom Monolord & Conan so heavy so bad ass it blows down doors with heavy bass riffs, easily one of those bands  that crushes hope and spirit definitely a highly recommended.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emljxo6azYw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emljxo6azYw&list=RDemljxo6azYw&start_radio=1&t=5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcRT_bFaz_0

So disparaging and hopeless to see the light it really brings shit home in these bleak times. Fuck I need to watch a big goofy dog video now..... Enjoy  \m/

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a sample if you're curious. Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Type O Negative was Mike's (the other guitar player from Nevertanezra) favorite band, so I've had to answer this request before. He never went to many shows, he had a problem with going places, even t

In no particular order. Pallbearer Cough Nortt Bell Witch

On 6/11/2020 at 3:40 AM, Lord_Man_Hammer_ said:

Yeah man that album is so rad.... I think a lot of underrated bands get passed on..... Right now I have this fascination with battle doom Monolord & Conan so heavy so bad ass it blows down doors with heavy bass riffs, easily one of those bands  that crushes hope and spirit definitely a highly recommended.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emljxo6azYw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emljxo6azYw&list=RDemljxo6azYw&start_radio=1&t=5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcRT_bFaz_0

So disparaging and hopeless to see the light it really brings shit home in these bleak times. Fuck I need to watch a big goofy dog video now..... Enjoy  \m/

Good to hear from you. Definitely doom for me is like saying life can be terrible but I'm just gonna carry on as long as I can. Fuck you, as know ones lasting forever and too many people have sad deaths. But that's just my view. 

slow's dantalion album is very good with huge Himalayan crunching bass lines, wow so powerful, worth checking out. your description of what people like about doom is what lots say they like about it including me sometimes 

Recent album I got was officium triste. It's quite good with big influences of early paradise lost, my dying bride but adds some thing to those bands.

Of course that candlemass epicus doomicus album has some absolute amazing live tracks on it. So been listening alot to those. 

Your right some times you need a break from doom Music by watchin something funny 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/15/2020 at 8:23 PM, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

Good to hear from you. Definitely doom for me is like saying life can be terrible but I'm just gonna carry on as long as I can. Fuck you, as know ones lasting forever and too many people have sad deaths. But that's just my view. 

slow's dantalion album is very good with huge Himalayan crunching bass lines, wow so powerful, worth checking out. your description of what people like about doom is what lots say they like about it including me sometimes 

Recent album I got was officium triste. It's quite good with big influences of early paradise lost, my dying bride but adds some thing to those bands.

Of course that candlemass epicus doomicus album has some absolute amazing live tracks on it. So been listening alot to those. 

Your right some times you need a break from doom Music by watchin something funny 

Been listening to more deathcore bands I know i know it's whack blah bah some of it has decent hooks and breakdowns, all of which can be forgiven if they aren't christian hardcore....

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2020 at 11:58 PM, Lord_Man_Hammer_ said:

Been listening to more deathcore bands I know i know it's whack blah bah some of it has decent hools and breakdowns, all of which can be forgiven if they aren't christian hardcore....

I some times listen to Deathcore. It's not all bad. What Deathcore bands do you like. 

Also what doom music are you listening to. I pre ordered pallbearers new album. The preview track is great. Pallbearer do solid albums so I'm sure I'll like it. Think there more doom light but I still like there music. 

On 7/27/2020 at 6:33 PM, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

I some times listen to Deathcore. It's not all bad. What Deathcore bands do you like. 

Also what doom music are you listening to. I pre ordered pallbearers new album. The preview track is great. Pallbearer do solid albums so I'm sure I'll like it. Think there more doom light but I still like there music. 

ahhh Pallbearer is like the band that you want to get down with the ladies with, it's heavy but not as harsh so someone isn't necessarily in to metal but can listen with you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2020 at 5:28 PM, Lord_Man_Hammer_ said:

Good point with pallbearer being doom light. Probably great band to listen for newcomers to metal and probably more mainstream vocal style will appeal to the ladiesūüėÄ. Illimitable dolor's self titled debut is also very good doom light music. There a Aussie band formed in honour of there band mate who died I think in car crash. Great background music when doing DIY, washing the dishes etc.¬†

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2020 at 8:52 AM, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

Good point with pallbearer being doom light. Probably great band to listen for newcomers to metal and probably more mainstream vocal style will appeal to the ladiesūüėÄ. Illimitable dolor's self titled debut is also very good doom light music. There a Aussie band formed in honour of there band mate who died I think in car crash. Great background music when doing DIY, washing the dishes etc.¬†

My wife and I had this debate the singer of Mastodon and Pallbearer sound similar but the pace in which these two bands are completely different, I forgive her as she isn't a noob just not a big fan of all the metal sub-genre's I have introduced her to.  

• 3 months later...
On 8/23/2020 at 5:59 PM, Lord_Man_Hammer_ said:

My wife and I had this debate the singer of Mastodon and Pallbearer sound similar but the pace in which these two bands are completely different, I forgive her as she isn't a noob just not a big fan of all the metal sub-genre's I have introduced her to.  

That's interesting point re pallbearer and mastodon sounding similar for clean vocals at least¬† but just two very different paces of music. mastodon and pallbearer are band I want to see again. There good bands even if not the best live band you'll see. That is when Corona goes away enough for live music to happen. Also It's good though your wife listens to a bit of metal even if she's not that keen on all of it. Has she got a favourite doom band. Is it pallbearer. ūüėĄ