Bathory

H34VYM3T4LD4V3

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, I like this Tormentor cut a lot. I had ought to go looking for some "Black Metal 101" thread if there is such a thing, I'm sure vast desolate waist-lands of horror await me. As for illegible logos, I think it is interesting. It is kind of anti-commercial is it not, I meant it sort of burns name recognition. They are cool looking, but part and parcel of a blackened affectation which I think is fun and artsy.
I think it would be worth your time, especially for the earlier posts in the thread of bands that are less blast beat oriented, and the black/doom hybrid bands. It never hurts to check stuff out, you never know if something will floor you or not if you don't give it a chance.

BlutAusNerd is making up ludicrous shit just because wants to be mean to me for who knows what reason.He simply just doesn't like me and wants to argue with me so he can be a conceited snob and degrade me simply because he doesn't like me.It's childish and pathetic!
I dont think he is doing that on purpose, yes he does tend to go on rants of knowing it all about certain music (no pun BAN), but I am pretty sure he is doing it in a more "educational" way opposed to being a dickhead way because he does seem to know a lot especially in the black metal genres. Its cool, you will not love everyone on this forum immediately, even I didnt (sorry relentless haha), but you will eventually come to know they are all damn kind on here, it is just that most users on this forum are highly opinionated, especially about metal, but it is a metal forum after all, yeah? This is why you may had gotten a lot of negativeish comments on your introduction, we want to know all about your music tastes on an introduction, not the fact you wear red lipstick, understand?

I dont think he is doing that on purpose' date=' yes he does tend to go on rants of knowing it all about certain music (no pun BAN), but I am pretty sure he is doing it in a more "educational" way opposed to being a dickhead way because he does seem to know a lot especially in the black metal genres. Its cool, you will not love everyone on this forum immediately, even I didnt (sorry relentless haha), but you will eventually come to know they are all damn kind on here, it is just that most users on this forum are highly opinionated, especially about metal, but it is a metal forum after all, yeah? This is why you may had gotten a lot of negativeish comments on your introduction, we want to know all about your music tastes on an introduction, not the fact you wear red lipstick, understand?[/quote'] I don't intend to bash anyone that doesn't ask for it, but people that are hell bent on posturing that just make up ridiculous shit without any kind of reference or knowledge set me off. It's one thing to go against the grain, and another thing entirely to talk shit without any way to back it up and then insult me when you get called out. Initially, education was my intention, but it seems that any form of learning has evaded this individual for some time, so at this point I am pretty much just ranting.

I don't intend to bash anyone that doesn't ask for it' date=' but people that are hell bent on posturing that just make up ridiculous shit without any kind of reference or knowledge set me off. It's one thing to go against the grain, and another thing entirely to talk shit without any way to back it up and then insult me when you get called out. Initially, education was my intention, but it seems that any form of learning has evaded this individual for some time, so at this point I am pretty much just ranting.[/quote'] :P heh, is ok, we all rant at some point in time.

I'm surprised I didn't get a mention' date=' I guess my ineffable charm and good looks must have extricated me from that denunciation.[/quote'] hahaa, I have only had a problem with your women:mrgreen: Not to say you have never said something that has sent a chill down my spine though HA! But maybe the hair helps in your case.:D

Thrash metal riffs tend to be syncopated and use a great deal of palm muting, often with a start/stop feeling, which is different from the more driving, solid 8th note feel of its closest cousin speed metal. Black metal riffs tend to use more chromatic note progressions, and the note selection is quite different from those found in thrash and speed metal. The best way to tell the difference would be to hear more obvious examples of them to tell apart, as they can occasionally be superficially similar, but those are the same kind of aesthetic similarities that lead people to say that black metal has to have poor production and death metal has to be as blasting and wanky as possible. EDIT: Here are some examples of what I'm talking about: Thrash: igOVR8bYdjU Speed: g97meJ4YS4o Black: w7AtgbonKEk ...and, since some people here that apparently have no idea what it sounds like, this is doom, which sounds nothing like black metal or any of the other above listed genres: lpVUMuLLqug
Yet another nonsensical, desperate attempt to insult me.If black metal is defined by "chromatic note progressions" when was the last time Venom used "chromatic note progressions"? in fact the riff from "welcome to hell" sounds like a bluesy hard-rock riff.Venom is widely considered to be a thrash metal band, ask Cronos! Doom metal bands such as Candlemass could easily be considered black metal due to the Satanic atmosphere in which you define black metal. contrary to your delusions,you wouldn't know metal if a steal beam hit you in the face.You're probably a Nicki Minaj or iggy azeala fan because you are a ghetto-acting freak with no education in music what-so-ever.

I don't intend to bash anyone that doesn't ask for it' date=' but people that are hell bent on posturing that just make up ridiculous shit without any kind of reference or knowledge set me off. It's one thing to go against the grain, and another thing entirely to talk shit without any way to back it up and then insult me when you get called out. Initially, education was my intention, but it seems that any form of learning has evaded this individual for some time, so at this point I am pretty much just ranting.[/quote'] Sin sanot hlynply mutta sinulla ei on todellinen takaisin yls.Minulla on asiakirjat minun kommentteja ett Venom on thrash metal ja Dimmu Borgir on sinfoninen metal.Olet tekopyh!

Yet another nonsensical, desperate attempt to insult me.If black metal is defined by "chromatic note progressions" when was the last time Venom used "chromatic note progressions"? in fact the riff from "welcome to hell" sounds like a bluesy hard-rock riff.Venom is widely considered to be a thrash metal band, ask Cronos! Doom metal bands such as Candlemass could easily be considered black metal due to the Satanic atmosphere in which you define black metal. contrary to your delusions,you wouldn't know metal if a steal beam hit you in the face.You're probably a Nicki Minaj or iggy azeala fan because you are a ghetto-acting freak with no education in music what-so-ever.
As I'm not good with chords, it is possible that I haven't stated my meaning correctly. Then again, if it was easy to elucidate what actually likes black metal, someone stronger with words than I would have done so already. The main riff in Welcome to Hell is black metal, and sounds very similar to other black metal riffs that came after it, like Bathory's Born For Burning. Venom cannot be thrash metal because they predate thrash metal, but you would know this had you done any research on the subject. Cronos seems to think that Venom is power metal, black metal, death metal, speed metal, and a plethora of other things, which can't all be true, so his opinion is out. And no, Candlemass cannot be considered black metal because they have nothing in common with black metal. Lyrics have absolutely nothing to do with how something sounds, if they did, The Rolling Stones, Robert Johnson, Boyd Rice, etc... could all be considered black metal. I'm going to try a different approach here, since conventional wisdom seems to completely elude you. You cannot listen to reason, so I have an invitation for you that doesn't require listening to anything that makes sense: prove me wrong. Seriously, go ahead, I dare you. Find some shred of evidence to support your moronic notion that black metal is not a genre of metal. I'm legitimately interested where you got this idea from, as it has no basis in reality. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_metal https://rateyourmusic.com/genre/Black+Metal/ http://www.bnrmetal.com/v3/genres/all http://www.metal-archives.com/browse/genre The first two articles say that black metal is a subgenre of metal in the first sentence, and the third and forth lists it among their metal genres shown on the site. All sources are reputable, as the Wikipedia page is for something that gets enough attention that it should be well moderated. I have proof, what do you have?

Venom widely regarded as thrash? Hate to break this to you but this is the first time I've ever heard them referred to as such. They are often called a NWOBHM band' date=' indeed that debate is ongoing, but never thrash.[/quote'] The flaw in theory is that NWOBHM is a music *scene*, not a genre! it's just simply classic heavy metal.Wikipedia even classifies Venom and Bathory as black/thrash metal.Listen to "BLACK METAL" or "Hades" and see what I mean!

As I'm not good with chords, it is possible that I haven't stated my meaning correctly. Then again, if it was easy to elucidate what actually likes black metal, someone stronger with words than I would have done so already. The main riff in Welcome to Hell is black metal, and sounds very similar to other black metal riffs that came after it, like Bathory's Born For Burning. Venom cannot be thrash metal because they predate thrash metal, but you would know this had you done any research on the subject. Cronos seems to think that Venom is power metal, black metal, death metal, speed metal, and a plethora of other things, which can't all be true, so his opinion is out. And no, Candlemass cannot be considered black metal because they have nothing in common with black metal. Lyrics have absolutely nothing to do with how something sounds, if they did, The Rolling Stones, Robert Johnson, Boyd Rice, etc... could all be considered black metal. I'm going to try a different approach here, since conventional wisdom seems to completely elude you. You cannot listen to reason, so I have an invitation for you that doesn't require listening to anything that makes sense: prove me wrong. Seriously, go ahead, I dare you. Find some shred of evidence to support your moronic notion that black metal is not a genre of metal. I'm legitimately interested where you got this idea from, as it has no basis in reality. Black metal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia https://rateyourmusic.com/genre/Black+Metal/ The BNR Metal Pages - Genres Browse bands by genre - Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives The first two articles say that black metal is a subgenre of metal in the first sentence, and the third and forth lists it among their metal genres shown on the site. All sources are reputable, as the Wikipedia page is for something that gets enough attention that it should be well moderated. I have proof, what do you have?
The very first thrash metal band Overkill started in 1980 while Welcome to hell debuted in 1981,and *BLACK METAL* in 1982.Therefore,your "predate thrash metal" is pure fiction made up in your bizarre imagination.Venom is one if the FIRST thrash metal bands.Cronos even says in an interview they were the pioneers of thrash metal. The fact is, you are the most impractical,unpredictable,perverse,unconventional nonconformist,rebellious lunatic freak I've ever came into contact online.Now go away, I think you've humiliated yourself enough.

The flaw in theory is that NWOBHM is a music *scene*' date=' not a genre! it's just simply classic heavy metal.Wikipedia even classifies Venom and Bathory as black/thrash metal.Listen to "BLACK METAL" or "Hades" and see what I mean![/quote'] I really don't want to continue this conversation as it isn't even remotely enjoyable at this point. However wikipedia refers to Venom as a "British heavy metal band" whose first two albums were "influential on thrash metal and extreme metal in general". Key word there is influential on. Additionally "their second album, Black Metal, was so influential that it was taken as the name of a metal subgenre - black metal". Bathory are referred to by wikipedia as "a Swedish extreme metal band" whose first four albums were "the blueprint for Scandinavian Black Metal". "Their fifth album, Hammerheart, is credited as being the first viking metal album".

The fact is' date=' you are the most impractical,unpredictable,perverse,unconventional nonconformist,rebellious lunatic freak I've ever came into contact online.Now go away, I think you've humiliated yourself enough.[/quote'] I think perhaps you should find another metal forum, there is really no need to insult people on here the way you have, I think it will be hard for you to redeem yourself after everything. Unless perhaps you stop resorting to name calling like a child, and actually explain yourself with more intelligence and intellect and understanding that not everyone in this world is going to always agree with you and you just need to accept it and move on.

I really don't want to continue this conversation as it isn't even remotely enjoyable at this point. However wikipedia refers to Venom as a "British heavy metal band" whose first two albums were "influential on thrash metal and extreme metal in general". Key word there is influential on. Additionally "their second album, Black Metal, was so influential that it was taken as the name of a metal subgenre - black metal". Bathory are referred to by wikipedia as "a Swedish extreme metal band" whose first four albums were "the blueprint for Scandinavian Black Metal". "Their fifth album, Hammerheart, is credited as being the first viking metal album".
[TABLE=class: infobox vcard plainlist] [TR] [TH=align: left][/TH] [TD]Under "Genres":Black metal, Viking metal, thrash metal[2][3] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bathory_%28band%29 [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

I think perhaps you should find another metal forum' date=' there is really no need to insult people on here the way you have, I think it will be hard for you to redeem yourself after everything. Unless perhaps you stop resorting to name calling like a child, and actually explain yourself with more intelligence and intellect and understanding that not everyone in this world is going to always agree with you and you just need to accept it and move on.[/quote'] Why are you copying my insults? He actually started insulting me so why don't you tell that to him? you fucking hypocrite.He's trying to make me agree with him.Why are you even on a forum if it's too much for you to handle? This is a debate.The whole concept is to prove the opponent wrong and they have no idea what they're talking about because they are intellectually and knowledgeably inferior.