General Pics (Holidays, walks, outings etc.)

22 hours ago, MacabreEternal said:

Someone needs to trim their bush!

1. Tell me about it. I just need to round up some of the serfs on the estate but they stay away from the manor on account of the mysterious disappearances that have thinned their numbers on sinister fullmoon nights. Although the people revere True Belief as a god, so that may draw them hesitantly from their shanties. 

2. "Bring me a shrubbery!"

3. I see what you did there Macabre.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Found this on Amazon by complete accident a couple of months ago while looking for something totally unrelated and jumped on it. I've only flipped through it a bit and there's tons of old photographs I've never seen before. Finally getting around to reading it for real. 

IMG-0824.jpg

Also this somehow happened just now. ? ?

IMG-0823.jpg

Found this on Amazon by complete accident a couple of months ago while looking for something totally unrelated and jumped on it. I've only flipped through it a bit and there's tons of old photographs I've never seen before. Finally getting around to reading it for real. 
IMG-0824.jpg
Also this somehow happened just now. [emoji15] [emoji23]
IMG-0823.jpg

I’ve got that Mayhem book and I’m pretty sure Requiem does too. Fantastic.

9 minutes ago, True Belief said:

I’ve got that Mayhem book and I’m pretty sure Requiem does too. Fantastic.

The history of this band is intensely fascinating to me. No matter how much I read about it, I still want to learn more. I suppose because if it were a novel it would be such an excellent psychological thriller - except it's all true.

On 1/28/2019 at 12:01 PM, True Belief said:

A great day out with the extended family.

d38744d4a7f835b83c4651ec7a26d33f.jpg

05e71c0f215e9dd28548df8b100b9413.jpg

Is this the water park at Geelong? We’re planning to go there soon - my eldest vampire daughter wants to go on the Tornado. We went to the slides in Greensborough on the weekend, they were really good. 

Both our families went to water slides! Oh my god we are sooooo alike! 

5 hours ago, Depraved said:

IMG-0824.jpg

Also this somehow happened just now. ? ?

IMG-0823.jpg

This book is stunning and a great window into those moments. Amazing. Pretty sure I reviewed it in the Books thread. Read my words of doom and despair. 

For me it’s one of the triumvirate of black metal with The Slayer Mag Diaries and Peter Beste’s True Norwegian Black Metal photo book. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/24/2019 at 3:29 AM, Requiem said:

B03-C434-F-CD10-4822-8-C93-C38-A31990-E9

Night hauntings at Castle Requiem. @True Belief left, Requiem right. 

Escapees from the enemy sun. 

Req, just how much blood is spent on abovesaid body guard?  

As you know, it isn't easy walking about at night; countless Renfields constantly accosting me, groveling at my feet; tabloid journalists with their flash photography; Van Hellsings 'round the corner leading stake-in-hand slayers... The predictability of mortal mundanity has left me feeling coffin-bound lately and a security detail seems the answer.   

Requiem and the ghostly and damned isle of Tasmania, 2019

The indigenous Tasmanian population was isolated from the rest of humanity for 8,000 years. Although there was a population of up to 7,000 at the time of European settlement,  virtually no pure-bloods would be alive after the first 40 years of colonisation.

76,000 British convicts were transported to this end of the earth in the first forty years of the 19th century. 

5-EA3-A75-D-7-F2-B-4-CFF-8705-2-CB3-A674

Crossing into the land of flame.

8-A59-C11-A-F50-D-4625-9-F73-B4628434359

From inside this hilltop church the wind sounded like the choired voices of restless spirits.

8-B750-D54-DDCA-4-B5-C-8901-881-B790-FA0

Requiem stands forlorn upon a bridge built by convicts from before Melbourne was even dreamt.

F0-C8-ACF4-7184-4-DC5-975-C-5-A98-A1-DBA

Requiem communes with those in the river.

To be continued unless the light takes me. 

Tasmanian Hauntings Part 2:

5-C584-A6-D-A7-C7-4-F25-B3-CC-62-E07-ED5

Requiem hails the vast and impenetrable forest at Port Arthur, where escapees turn cannibal amongst trees millennial. 

7455-D6-C4-A794-48-A6-AB0-F-AA274-FF0-CB

Shadows of gothicism and the seductiveness of decay. 

13121-E5-E-6-D20-4591-841-F-92324-EC4-EE

Isle of the Dead, where over a thousand convicts were buried in unmarked graves and 180 dead soldiers also reside.

Tasmanian Hauntings Part 3 (the final chapter):

By now, Requiem has submitted to the landscape and merged his psyche with its tragic memories. The fields, the mountains, the dead forests. There is no beginning and end. Yet he plans his escape from this wretched isle...

262-D3621-ACD7-486-F-80-D3-1-FADA6080906

Desolate fields of despair.

FCC3-F79-B-3988-48-D1-A1-FB-C0-FC9-DC91-

Requiem and a sea to suffer in. 

CFE7-AAE8-0-D25-4-E2-A-B1-E4-56-E391-BBB

At the edge of the world.

• 4 weeks later...

Here are some pics from the group art show I'm participating in this month.

Gloom Cake (Jennifer Avery and James Swainbank):

wReNISq.jpg

Emily Sandagata (left) and Roneld Lores (right):

zaNrFDer.jpg

Roneld Lores:

hnyBiPur.jpg

Angela Alés (center):

zEmjKbIr.jpg

Angela Alés:

sYNquucr.jpg

Robb Sandagata:

fcoSl2gr.jpg

My own stuff:

eiuFnxKr.jpg

There's more good work that I don't have good images for, so maybe I'll update this in a bit. Also not shown in these pictures: the impressive scale of the gallery, all the fun we were having, and the large number of people who showed up.

Here are some of the old gumball machines and other assorted vending equipment that we found tucked away in a basement room. The floor was covered in mud, and everything smelled like mold and mildew and old wet wood. I wish I could have gotten decent pics of some of the rooms, but that (very large) portion of the building was almost entirely unlit. Super creepy. It's obviously inhabited by the ghosts of factory workers, overseen by a giant evil zombie clown who will eat anyone dumb enough to wander around by themselves without a flashlight. Just has that sort of vibe about it.

mctuv9f.jpg

PVNF0L9r.jpg

F5el47T.jpg

xhXCg6P.jpg

I'm the proud new owner of a red lizard from the "sticky translucent rubber animal" dispenser. I'm aware that removing it from the building may have aroused the ire of the giant zombie clown, but everything seems ok so far.

2 hours ago, FatherAlabaster said:

Here are some of the old gumball machines and other assorted vending equipment that we found tucked away in a basement room. The floor was covered in mud, and everything smelled like mold and mildew and old wet wood. I wish I could have gotten decent pics of some of the rooms, but that (very large) portion of the building was almost entirely unlit. Super creepy. It's obviously inhabited by the ghosts of factory workers, overseen by a giant evil zombie clown who will eat anyone dumb enough to wander around by themselves without a flashlight. Just has that sort of vibe about it.

mctuv9f.jpg

PVNF0L9r.jpg

F5el47T.jpg

xhXCg6P.jpg

I'm the proud new owner of a red lizard from the "sticky translucent rubber animal" dispenser. I'm aware that removing it from the building may have aroused the ire of the giant zombie clown, but everything seems ok so far.

Seems quite a homely place from my perspective.  I mean if I could live off candy remnants and machine parts instead of humans that is of course.

• 1 month later...