General Pics (Holidays, walks, outings etc.)

1 hour ago, Depraved said:

Pictures from this weekend. Sorry in advance for the image quality; I have an older phone so my camera isn't that great and it was dark as fuck in there. Couldn't imbed the photos themselves so here are the links. It took me more than an hour to upload this shit successfully so you motherfuckers better appreciate it. ?

Uada ?

https://imgur.com/pveV9LT

? Cloak ?

https://imgur.com/NeMk66a

https://imgur.com/xcxGgdh

??1349 ??

https://imgur.com/Ws0Yhxf

https://imgur.com/5FkYpsR

https://imgur.com/iDep5yu 

https://imgur.com/1PFnKco

And just because I couldn't resist whoring for the camera after running to take a piss ?

https://imgur.com/hGqTeSR

If you right-click on the images in these links and select "view image", it should take you to a page that's just the image by itself, with a url ending in ".jpg". Copy and paste this and it should embed automatically, thus:

Ws0Yhxf.jpg

You're way too metal for that bathroom mirror, surprised it's all in one piece :D

40 minutes ago, FatherAlabaster said:

If you right-click on the images in these links and select "view image", it should take you to a page that's just the image by itself, with a url ending in ".jpg". Copy and paste this and it should embed automatically

Thanks! I fixed them!

41 minutes ago, FatherAlabaster said:

You're way too metal for that bathroom mirror, surprised it's all in one piece

I don't know about that, I ran into Cloak's rhythm guitarist at their merch table and promptly stuck my foot in my mouth when he spoke to me because I'm an awkward idiot lol.

Shows are actually kind of difficult for me because I'm so tiny and I always end up feeling like...I don't know...a 2 year old little girl that has no business being there. ?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Corrosive said:

You are most welcome.

Are you thinning the colors down with anything, or is that all full-strength?

I'm happy that you like it :) 

I use water to thin my acrylics, but not too much. It can be tricky at first to know the correct dilution with acrylic  and a bit trial and error till you get the right mix!  Do you have any favourite artists or do any work yourself?

12 hours ago, Natassja said:

I'm happy that you like it :) 

I use water to thin my acrylics, but not too much. It can be tricky at first to know the correct dilution with acrylic  and a bit trial and error till you get the right mix!  Do you have any favourite artists or do any work yourself?

I'm a pretty strong supporter of Art as a whole. This is why I give it proper noun status whenever I type the word. I consider myself an Artist before any other sort of human designation. It's the only word that makes sense. Yes, I've done quite a few things. Very little of it do I have. I just give it away. For a while I was doing large pieces of abstract painting with acrylics on black poster-board, then cutting them into smaller pieces and letting those serve as the finished piece. I was mixing soap for while, making colored bubbles.

When I was young I was into the still-life and portrait oils from centuries ago, but also the folk Art and Pop Artists from the Beat and Hippie eras. I knew about masters like da Vinci and Michelangelo, as well as Warhol (someone I'd be less inclined to call a "Master" today), O'Keeffe and Pollock before I was in school (and before ever knowing about Eastman and Laird's awesome comics!)

With age, the more experimental stuff (that's actually good) has appealed to me. I bow to Yoko Ono and Jack Smith. Learning about Jack is highly recommended.

That said, I prefer seeing actual skill displayed these days. Abstract is too easy a "title" to cloak that which is actually shit. Way too much of that out there.

I could talk Art theory for hours.

9 hours ago, Corrosive said:

I'm a pretty strong supporter of Art as a whole. This is why I give it proper noun status whenever I type the word. I consider myself an Artist before any other sort of human designation. It's the only word that makes sense. Yes, I've done quite a few things. Very little of it do I have. I just give it away. For a while I was doing large pieces of abstract painting with acrylics on black poster-board, then cutting them into smaller pieces and letting those serve as the finished piece. I was mixing soap for while, making colored bubbles.

When I was young I was into the still-life and portrait oils from centuries ago, but also the folk Art and Pop Artists from the Beat and Hippie eras. I knew about masters like da Vinci and Michelangelo, as well as Warhol (someone I'd be less inclined to call a "Master" today), O'Keeffe and Pollock before I was in school (and before ever knowing about Eastman and Laird's awesome comics!)

With age, the more experimental stuff (that's actually good) has appealed to me. I bow to Yoko Ono and Jack Smith. Learning about Jack is highly recommended.

That said, I prefer seeing actual skill displayed these days. Abstract is too easy a "title" to cloak that which is actually shit. Way too much of that out there.

I could talk Art theory for hours.

I have just recently started painting again. I love how I can just relax and lose myself in the creative zone :) I'm quite self critical in general really I suppose not just with painting, so when I do a piece that I find pleasing, it is always satisfying.  I too have given away most of my recent stuff but it makes me happy if people enjoy it.   Abstract can be very hit or miss for me. I am particularly interested in 'Wanderer Above the Sea of Fog' by C.D Friedrich at the moment and would love to visit the Kunsthalle Hamburg to see it in real.

23 hours ago, Natassja said:

I have just recently started painting again. I love how I can just relax and lose myself in the creative zone :) I'm quite self critical in general really I suppose not just with painting, so when I do a piece that I find pleasing, it is always satisfying.  I too have given away most of my recent stuff but it makes me happy if people enjoy it.   Abstract can be very hit or miss for me. I am particularly interested in 'Wanderer Above the Sea of Fog' by C.D Friedrich at the moment and would love to visit the Kunsthalle Hamburg to see it in real.

That's an impressive piece, certainly! I hadn't seen that before, so thank you!

I agree that seeing it in person would be quite the experience. Trying to imagine the scale factor of some of the rocks and trees poking out of the fog creates such a vastness within that small dimension. Very cool!

Yes, no worse critic than the self.

9 hours ago, Corrosive said:

That's an impressive piece, certainly! I hadn't seen that before, so thank you!

I agree that seeing it in person would be quite the experience. Trying to imagine the scale factor of some of the rocks and trees poking out of the fog creates such a vastness within that small dimension. Very cool!

Yes, no worse critic than the self.

His work is haunting and beautiful :) The Abbey in the Oakwood, Ruins of the Oybin and Tree of Crows are favourites of mine too. 

Very true! Though I think It helps one to accept other peoples criticism more readily and strengthens self discipline. Nothing worse than arrogance and there is always room for learning and improvement in all aspects of life and self.

• 1 month later...