Dreams

Idlewilde

My dreams are usually pretty bizarre and I think it's because of the meds I take. I had one the other night about some girl who was "sick" (you could see her veins in her face) but other than that, she seemed fine, I just remember saying in the dream "That's (whoever she was), she's sick right now" and she was sitting up in a bed in like a big cavern or something and I remember she seemed annoyed when I said that.

Other dreams I have are usually about this city, in my dreams it's right on the border of NYC & New Jersey and I dream about going through the South Bronx a lot (but it's never the way those places are in real life). The NYC/NJ dreams are reoccurring and reoccur rather frequently.

I also have dreams about being 35 and being back in high school, or dreams about being on a plane going to Norway, Japan, or Russia a lot.

On 8/16/2021 at 12:27 AM, KillaKukumba said:

My stupidest dreams are in shorter sleeps. I only sleep 2-3 hours at a time these days but if I am asleep only an hour that's when I tend to wake from dreams, and the sillier of them usually happen in the early hours of the morning around 1 or 2 AM.

Kk How come you only sleep for 2-3 hours at a time. 

Interesting having silly dreams between those hours. 😁 My silly dreams are when I'm listening to the radio during light sleep. There daft. 

My bad sleeping habits have come from two things. Long haul truck driving for too many years where I was restricted by log book hours to no more than 18 hours driving in a 24 hour block. Because it wasn't often possible/convenient to take 6 hours at a time I'd pull up on the side of the road or at a truck stop and kip for a few hours, then kick the tyres and get back on the road. Rinse and repeat for 5 days then come home and spend a day or so barely sleeping at home or just get back in the truck and do it all again. The second reason is because I didn't listen to experts and doctors etc who told me when I was younger that getting into bad sleeping habits are a lot easier than returning to good sleeping habits.

• 2 weeks later...

My dreams lately have been about stupid people, me included. I don't remember much of what is happening in the dream and what I do doesn't really connect to anything but the common factor is people doing stupid things. Those who I don't know personally have ridiculous cartoon faces that seem to try and reinforce how silly they are but don't necessarily reflect why they are silly. But the annoying thing is the continuation. I don't ever remember having so many dreams where they span across different naps during the one night, usually once I wake the dream is gone and doesn't come back, to either the waking or sleeping mind.

• 1 month later...
On 10/31/2021 at 7:45 PM, KillaKukumba said:

My dreams lately have been about stupid people, me included. I don't remember much of what is happening in the dream and what I do doesn't really connect to anything but the common factor is people doing stupid things. Those who I don't know personally have ridiculous cartoon faces that seem to try and reinforce how silly they are but don't necessarily reflect why they are silly. But the annoying thing is the continuation. I don't ever remember having so many dreams where they span across different naps during the one night, usually once I wake the dream is gone and doesn't come back, to either the waking or sleeping mind.

That beats the dreams my dad has. Often there about lots of random mechanical things occurring and problem solving. It's lots of fun hearing about them. Lots of actions little dialogue.

Your dreams with the ridiculous cartoon faces are more interesting. 

No memorable dreams for me. 

• 1 year later...

I've got very weird dreams all the time. This month they're kinda normal, there's my girlfriend and they're nice. But few weeks ago I had a dream, where my close friend tried to rape me (I'm not gay nor him) and I killed him with a silverware knife. Most of the time, when I remember the dream, someone died in it. Once I killed even a Hitler. Like wtf?!

3 minutes ago, Obitual said:

I've got very weird dreams all the time. This month they're kinda normal, there's my girlfriend and they're nice. But few weeks ago I had a dream, where my close friend tried to rape me (I'm not gay nor him) and I killed him with a silverware knife. Most of the time, when I remember the dream, someone died in it. Once I killed even a Hitler. Like wtf?!

Dang that's brutal shit!

My nightmares aren't monsters or violence, they're everyday ones that feature my parents who I have not spoken to in over 9 years!

On 5/27/2013 at 3:57 PM, RelentlessOblivion said:

Again on time: Imagine you went back in time and stopped World War II before it ever started. The US and Germany then wouldn't have began researching and building nuclear weapons which could be a good thing except the Russians still would have built them meaning they would have forced the US to surrender during the Cold War and Communism would have spread world wide. Alternatively Nuclear Fission would never have been discovered and we would be consuming fossil fuels at an even greater pace then we are presently. Those are just two possibilities resulting from preventing just one event from occuring. Of course changing something far less significant could actually cause even more harm.

Probably not on either of the two.

No WWII = No Cold War.  USSR came out of WWII as a superpower complete with  Eastern European empire.  Before that it was just a regional power and it's main concern was Imperial Japan (they fought border wars right up to 1939).  

The European powers also wouldn't have been bankrupted by the war so would have been able to stifle anti-colonial movements lot easer (especially as no supercharged USSR to bankroll independence movements and no radical change in western thinking in relation to colonies).

Basically WWII destroyed Europe as a source of power and took out Japan and Germany but also Britain and France as major political players.  The USSR and US were attained previously unimaginable levels of power.

Also WWII opened the flood gates to mass consumerism.  US industrial output expanded massively during the war and that was just rediverted to the civilian sector (first in US then elsewhere).  The mass of surplus WWII equipment was used to cheaply revolutionise transport and industry be it trucks. tanks converted to tractors, bombers converted to civilian airliners, radios for communication etc.

Also the technological advancements made during the war had massive ramifications for the post war world  not just jet engines and rockets but industrial mass manufacturing techniques electronics  etc.

I don't know how the world would have progressed without WWII.  But I think it would have been a much slower development level.