Dreams

Idlewilde

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Well, most of my dreams are pretty negative. I've had recurring nightmares about getting raped by one specific person, and I constantly have nightmares about losing all the people I love, and they got even worse and more frequent this year after losing my cousin and my dog. Some of my good dreams though include having a good date night with my significant other or growing old with them and having a successful life together. I also tend to have dreams about any video games I've been playing recently or books I've been reading.

• 3 weeks later...

When my cat, Luna, was still alive I often dreamt that she got injured and died and to be honest they were the only nightmares that I could remember for almost 20 years. 

However lately I have dreamt about being strangled, in the most recent by a plant in my grandparent's old living room. And last night I dreamt about being attacked and raped by a guy I knew in my teens on the floor in my old belly dance school. I remember being beaten so brutally that I almost died. Blood uncomfortable! 

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
On 7/25/2020 at 12:01 AM, Vampyrique said:

Is this the dream thread or the therapy thread?

Both.

On 2/14/2018 at 10:10 AM, salmonellapancake said:

I once dreamt about working with a detective to find a serial killer. Later in the dream, I found out that he was the killer, and it hit me like a sack of bricks. I woke up before he could kill me. 

I saw a very good horror film bit like what you said. Your dream is so cool. Probably wouldn't think that if it was my dream though. 😂

Not dreamed for along time but following is quite funny or random 😆 I dreamt last night  my managers idea of team day was to take us to have all our haircuts at a trendy salon which is unusual for a team who maintains water networks as I've never been to salon 🤭. Very strange and even stranger when my boss told the team he was a famous hair dresser.🤣🤣 It's very odd but worse bit about my boss is his unpredictably so perhaps this explains it. 

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

of course the classic dream is being chased around by an axe wielding maniac. surely im not only one to have this nightmare 👻☠️😁

I've been bored out of my mind thanks to the pandemic. I have a very morbid fascination so naturally a few weeks ago I started binge watching documentaries about serial killers and spending all day reading about them. No surprise the night before last I woke up in a cold sweat after dreaming that one of them was after me. 🤣

On 2/14/2018 at 5:10 AM, salmonellapancake said:

I once dreamt about working with a detective to find a serial killer. Later in the dream, I found out that he was the killer, and it hit me like a sack of bricks. I woke up before he could kill me. 

I just scrolled up and saw this. Apparently nightmares about serial killers isn't all that uncommon.

39 minutes ago, Depraved said:

I've been bored out of my mind thanks to the pandemic. I have a very morbid fascination so naturally a few weeks ago I started binge watching documentaries about serial killers and spending all day reading about them. No surprise the night before last I woke up in a cold sweat after dreaming that one of them was after me. 🤣

I just scrolled up and saw this. Apparently nightmares about serial killers isn't all that uncommon.

We binged the crap out of the Great British Baking Show over the winter and wouldn't you know it, I had tons of relaxing and even fulfilling baking dreams. Definitely a better night's sleep than I got with murder mysteries :D

12 hours ago, Depraved said:

Incidentally, I have been watching a lot of these documentaries recently as well (there have been some really good ones released recently), but thus far I have been lucky enough to avoid nightmares about them!

On 4/13/2021 at 2:54 AM, Depraved said:

yeah being chased by a serial killer in a dream is not much fun but certainly memorable. being chased around a maze by a similar character definitely sticks in my mind. i normally wake up in a cold sweat once i get to the dead end. quite literally in the case of my nightmare. 😁 interesting re the nightmares about serial killers being common. yeah that adds up. 

ive certainly read up about serial killers. wikipedia site implied that ramirez had environmental factors that made him who he was and quite possibly he was a killer not born but made from his environment. anyway ive no strong opinion either way as these complex questions rarely have neat little answers. interesting ideas though. i had no nightmares about it though fortunately. 👍

On 4/13/2021 at 3:36 AM, FatherAlabaster said:

We binged the crap out of the Great British Baking Show over the winter and wouldn't you know it, I had tons of relaxing and even fulfilling baking dreams. Definitely a better night's sleep than I got with murder mysteries :D

thats good😂 dreams about baking. tbh are they good dreams though involving eating great food?or nightmares involving it all going wrong? i once i had a dream where i ran out to play for Manchester United at old Trafford. it was going great for about 5 seconds until i realised i had no idea what i was doing then i woke up😄 

• 1 month later...
On 4/13/2021 at 2:54 AM, Depraved said:

thought id let you know about this as  you gave wise perspective about another dream i had. 👍much appreciated re that.  my friend says when they were younger theyd have a nightmare where there house was on fire but there parents just wouldn't believe them and theyd send them back to bed. Theyd wake up at the point when they were about to be burnt alive.   they said it happened alot, and it was very scary but nightmare stopped eventually. took some time though. i cant quite work out what may have caused nightmare. feeling not listened too, watching movie backdraft at a  young age,🤔

• 1 month later...
On 5/31/2021 at 6:20 PM, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

thought id let you know about this as  you gave wise perspective about another dream i had. 👍much appreciated re that.  my friend says when they were younger theyd have a nightmare where there house was on fire but there parents just wouldn't believe them and theyd send them back to bed. Theyd wake up at the point when they were about to be burnt alive.   they said it happened alot, and it was very scary but nightmare stopped eventually. took some time though. i cant quite work out what may have caused nightmare. feeling not listened too, watching movie backdraft at a  young age,🤔

That's strange, sounds terrifying. I've had a lot of weird recurring dreams in my life. Many of them involve drowning. I used to have this dream almost every night for like two or three years that I was driving on this open stretch of road near the ocean, and then suddenly the road turned into the sea and I would just keep driving and drive into the ocean and drown. Many of these dreams are so realistic that I hold my breath in my sleep because I really believe I'm underwater and I wake up gasping. Holding my breath while asleep used to be a big problem for me, I would hold it so long that when I woke up my blood pressure was dangerously high. It scared me so much that I was afraid of sleeping. Dreams are wild sometimes.

I barely remember my dreams as a whole but I remember the odd shit from them. Often I remember full details immediately after waking up but if I don't focus on the details they quickly disappear and if I fall back to sleep everything goes except the weird stuff that makes zero sense.

It will be shit like driving a car through a car wash, which I haven't done in 30 years, but not coming out the other side. Or having a beer in a pub with my best mate who I can't remember. Then there is the really odd shit that would probably see me wearing a white jacket that does up at the back if I told too many people!

On 7/18/2021 at 3:10 AM, Depraved said:

That's strange, sounds terrifying. I've had a lot of weird recurring dreams in my life. Many of them involve drowning. I used to have this dream almost every night for like two or three years that I was driving on this open stretch of road near the ocean, and then suddenly the road turned into the sea and I would just keep driving and drive into the ocean and drown. Many of these dreams are so realistic that I hold my breath in my sleep because I really believe I'm underwater and I wake up gasping. Holding my breath while asleep used to be a big problem for me, I would hold it so long that when I woke up my blood pressure was dangerously high. It scared me so much that I was afraid of sleeping. Dreams are wild sometimes.

thanks for being understanding re my friends dream. much appreciated.  👍when you put some posts up im sometimes concerned i said too much personal stuff. my post was in that category imo

your nightmare sounds really bad, especially with the high blood pressure thing too, thanks for sharing. it sounds almost nightmare on elm Street. sounds like a scary film in the making your one. hopefully that dreams stopped.  also bit rubbish that the nightmare happened so much you didn't want to go to sleep. think most people have had that where they was not wanting to go to sleep but not as many repeated nightmare as you got.  saying that i know several people who had same nightmare over and over. 

13 hours ago, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

thanks for being understanding re my friends dream. much appreciated.  👍when you put some posts up im sometimes concerned i said too much personal stuff. my post was in that category imo

Oh, don't worry about saying too much personal stuff, I'm the queen of oversharing. 🤣

On 7/22/2021 at 1:35 PM, Depraved said:

Oh, don't worry about saying too much personal stuff, I'm the queen of oversharing. 🤣

thats good to know 😁 thanks depraved. 

my nightmare growing up was being chased around a maze by an axeman, when i got to the dead end and was about to be axed id wake up. Scared me alot although fortunately i did not have it often. 

On 7/26/2021 at 6:28 PM, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

thats good to know 😁 thanks depraved. 

my nightmare growing up was being chased around a maze by an axeman, when i got to the dead end and was about to be axed id wake up. Scared me alot although fortunately i did not have it often. 

I've noticed that when I have those types of dreams it's always right before I get killed that I'd wake up. I often had nightmares when I was growing up that my family members were trying to stab me to death or run me over with their car and it was always right at the part when I was about to die that I jerked awake. I actually had a dream like this recently, although I can't remember the details now. I just remember thinking I was about to die in the dream and then waking up very abruptly.

Oh, your maze dream just reminded me of another weird recurring dream I've had recently. I'm always walking in a narrow hallway but it leads nowhere and all the doors are locked. Similarly, I sometimes dream that I'm climbing or descending stairs that lead nowhere and there is no end to them. I feel completely lost in my life, so I guess those dreams kind of make sense. It's better than dreaming about getting murdered, obviously, but they're still annoying as hell.

On 7/31/2021 at 3:57 AM, Depraved said:

I've noticed that when I have those types of dreams it's always right before I get killed that I'd wake up. I often had nightmares when I was growing up that my family members were trying to stab me to death or run me over with their car and it was always right at the part when I was about to die that I jerked awake. I actually had a dream like this recently, although I can't remember the details now. I just remember thinking I was about to die in the dream and then waking up very abruptly.

Oh, your maze dream just reminded me of another weird recurring dream I've had recently. I'm always walking in a narrow hallway but it leads nowhere and all the doors are locked. Similarly, I sometimes dream that I'm climbing or descending stairs that lead nowhere and there is no end to them. I feel completely lost in my life, so I guess those dreams kind of make sense. It's better than dreaming about getting murdered, obviously, but they're still annoying as hell.

very interesting message depraved.thanks for sending. all those nightmares. very interesting variety.you getting stabbed or run over till death by family members ouch.😀 looks like we both are not so keen on the ones when we get killed but it be weird if it was any other way tbh.☺️  your dreams  re walking descending never ending steps  and the Long hallway with many rooms that are all  locked sound very frustrating even if there are worse dreams to have than them. youve got my sympathy which you prob dont want😁

On 8/6/2021 at 4:40 PM, IwanRuby said:

my country condition is chaotic because of the covid pandemic, and some of my friends have died because of it! these few weeks i always meet them in my dreams..

so sorry for you losing some of your friends to covid. im lucky, no one significant to me has died of covid. think it probably matter of time tbh.also i hope seeing your fallen friends in your dreams has helped.