Dreams

Idlewilde

hmmm well I've had a couple of frightening dreams both in the sense that they were extremely frightening at the time and in the sense that on two occasions those dreams have actually come to pass (dreamt about 9/11 3 days before it happened) but normally my dreams revolve around the experiences I've had in life so for example I tend to dream often about the time I went scuba diving in the Great Barrier Reef.

Re: Dreams I don't remember most of my dreams, but I do remember pieces when deja vu happens. I can remember the specific piece of the dream that I am now seeing in real life, but usually I forget when I wake up. I will remember profound ones sometimes (sex dreams, death dreams, flying dreams, etc...), and also remember a recurring dream I have about never having finished high school and being damned to never leave. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

I don't remember most of my dreams, but I do remember pieces when deja vu happens. I can remember the specific piece of the dream that I am now seeing in real life, but usually I forget when I wake up.
It happens to me, it's a but creepy, isn't it? Sometimes I make a weird face when I remember I dreamed what I'll say next and people notice something's wrong with me

It is an interesting phenomenon. It could easily be chalked up to a self fulfilling prophecy type situation, where you will notice a similarity and adapt it to fit the situation, but it's always felt like more than that to me. It is creepy though, I always get a weird feeling when it happens, it would just be nice to known to attribute it to. I'm not much of a believer in paranormal stuff, so I think it may have more to do with Jung's collective unconscious theory.

I must admit I'm very skeptical of things I haven't personally experienced for example I don't believe in a God or Gods because I haven't experienced anything which I believe lends itself to proving His/Her/Its existance. It's much the same with Deja Vu I haven't experienced it so I think it's easily explainable as simply random coincidence

Well when I have a Deja Vu it makes me think of the existance of parallel universes :D And the limits of time and memory in general. People tend to think of time as a linear notion, like past->present->future. It may be different. Nothing to do with paranormal stuff. We just tend to put everything in a shape that is familiar and linearity makes time more understandable for us, and it may actually work differently. Perhaps we have all the things that happened/will happen to us stocked in our memory and they just come to live at some point, but at some times we have the lucidity to realise we already know this. Just a suggestion, it's a bizarre thing...

Re: Dreams

Well when I have a Deja Vu it makes me think of the existance of parallel universes :D And the limits of time and memory in general. People tend to think of time as a linear notion' date=' like past->present->future. It may be different. Nothing to do with paranormal stuff. We just tend to put everything in a shape that is familiar and linearity makes time more understandable for us, and it may actually work differently. Perhaps we have all the things that happened/will happen to us stocked in our memory and they just come to live at some point, but at some times we have the lucidity to realise we already know this. Just a suggestion, it's a bizarre thing...[/quote'] I came to a similar conclusion about time and space while on mushrooms, though with more bleak connotations. Man lacks the ability to understand what occurs outside its limits, and if anything surpasses those limits, man tries to anthropomorphize or simplify if into our terms. Unfortunately, reality only exists to us as we perceive it, as what we cannot sense cannot register to us. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

On the subject of time I don't think it is linear, I think it is more like a big ball of string you can change parts of it, add to it, subtract from it, unravel it and so on. I actually think about this a lot. Imagine for a second that time travel could be possible. Now you know that certain events in history have to occur, it's part of that ball of string you don't want it to unravel which means you need to avoid compromising it entirely. Actually that ball of string example doesn't really work does it? picture instead a house of cards. Now certain cards are integral to the overall structure yes? but some cards are not you are free to remove and relocate those non-integral parts but not those what would impact the stability of the overall structure. So it is with time there would be certain events which could never be changed.

On the subject of time I don't think it is linear' date=' I think it is more like a big ball of string you can change parts of it, add to it, subtract from it, unravel it and so on. I actually think about this a lot. Imagine for a second that time travel could be possible. Now you know that certain events in history have to occur, it's part of that ball of string you don't want it to unravel which means you need to avoid compromising it entirely. Actually that ball of string example doesn't really work does it? picture instead a house of cards. Now certain cards are integral to the overall structure yes? but some cards are not you are free to remove and relocate those non-integral parts but not those what would impact the stability of the overall structure. So it is with time there would be certain events which could never be changed.[/quote'] Your post makes me think of the chaos theory and the butterfly effect:) I'll have to do a research on it soon as I find it extremely interesting. Cause a little event might have caused major changes in the current situation, and some big ones turn out to have not so much consequences. A little event might make a person snap, a word said in the wrong time, while he/she can remain unharmed after what others would find a big disaster...

I came to a similar conclusion about time and space while on mushrooms, though with more bleak connotations. Man lacks the ability to understand what occurs outside its limits, and if anything surpasses those limits, man tries to anthropomorphize or simplify if into our terms. Unfortunately, reality only exists to us as we perceive it, as what we cannot sense cannot register to us. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
It seems I'm naturally on mushrooms :) Imagine what will happen to me when I actually have some!

My dreams tend to be a bit rubbish for the most part. During the entirety of last summer essentially all of my dreams revolved around one theme: being late for work. Not really fun to wake up right before work scared that you missed it and then immediately having to deal with the stress of actually going to work.

My dreams tend to be a bit rubbish for the most part. During the entirety of last summer essentially all of my dreams revolved around one theme: being late for work. Not really fun to wake up right before work scared that you missed it and then immediately having to deal with the stress of actually going to work.
Did you stop dreamig of that now or you still do? Cause my observations show that recurring dreams are realted to an some sort of limitation or trouble you have. Once it's gone the dreams are gone too.For example in my dreams I often dreamt of lying down covered in a blanket and something invisible was lifting the blanket from my feet. Another was that I lost control over gravity and again something was lifting me in the air and I was floating just under the room ceiling. I haven't had those for months, which I found pretty bizarre cause I've been having those for years-not constantly, but like once per a couple of weeks, maybe more often but I sleep like a log as well and I often don't remember my dreams unless I tell them to someone in the morning right after I wake up. Then I realised that I haven't had those dreams since something happened and my life changed its previous course.

Again on time: Imagine you went back in time and stopped World War II before it ever started. The US and Germany then wouldn't have began researching and building nuclear weapons which could be a good thing except the Russians still would have built them meaning they would have forced the US to surrender during the Cold War and Communism would have spread world wide. Alternatively Nuclear Fission would never have been discovered and we would be consuming fossil fuels at an even greater pace then we are presently. Those are just two possibilities resulting from preventing just one event from occuring. Of course changing something far less significant could actually cause even more harm.

Again on time: Imagine you went back in time and stopped World War II before it ever started. The US and Germany then wouldn't have began researching and building nuclear weapons which could be a good thing except the Russians still would have built them meaning they would have forced the US to surrender during the Cold War and Communism would have spread world wide. Alternatively Nuclear Fission would never have been discovered and we would be consuming fossil fuels at an even greater pace then we are presently. Those are just two possibilities resulting from preventing just one event from occuring. Of course changing something far less significant could actually cause even more harm.
Yeah-there are many examples we can think of. Troubles make people more inventive, on the other side troubles are never a good thing :) One of my miserable attemps to translate a book were related to a study of how our life in utero influnces your character. There was one pretty interesting experiment with two pregnant rats: they spoiled&petted the one, and they hit the bars of the cage of the other daily. In the end the babies of the first rat turned out to be more chilled and relaxed, while the ones of the other one were reacting to every single noise. In the end the ones that suffered in utero had a better self-preservation instinct. My idea was, that you never know that when something bad happens the consequences will be all negative.

it's a fascinating subject. Change one small thing about somebody and you can get a whole new person. For example I'm vision impaired and sometimes, not often, but sometimes I find myself wondering what I would be like if that detail was changed and I doubt I would be anything like myself.

Yeah it is. It makes me imagine a person like a pinball machine, a single event/characteristic and it can lead to so many different routes. At least when you start feeling sorry for some reason you know that the positive outcome could bring a worse future. A bad event may crush you or give you the tool you needed to succeed and get on. On the other hand I like fiction (litterature, theatre, movies, whatever) exactly because they give you a glimpse of a different person.

One needs to escape from time to time and have a break, even if many people would say that I need to grow up blabla and that it is not serious. But I have awesome dreams from time to time. Some days ago I dreamt I was in New Orleans on the carnival, then I had a dream that I was drinking beers with Kai and Dirk from Gamma Ray, it was great:)