Metal Forum Artists & Bands

Sign in to stalk this  

There are lots of forums for artists and bands in here and new ones are being added all the time. Join and start some discussions!

Subforums

1. 2

Nevertanezra or NTNR are a progressive Metal band in the vein of Death and Doom. Comprising of the core band members Michael Ventura (Guitar and Vocals) Jayke Smith (Vocals and Guitar) Mitch Moody (Bass Guitar) and previously Jeff kersey (Drummer) NTNR have been making music in various forms for over a decade.

Meshuggah is a Swedish extreme metal band from Umeå, formed in 1987. Meshuggah's line-up has primarily consisted of founding members vocalist Jens Kidman and lead guitarist Fredrik Thordendal, drummer Tomas Haake, who joined in 1990, and rhythm guitarist Mårten Hagström, who joined in 1992. The band has gone through a number of bassists, with the position currently being held by Dick Lövgren since 2004.

Ensiferum is a Finnish folk metal band from Helsinki. The members of the band label themselves as "heroic folk metal."

11. 1
  12. 12

Kiuas is a heavy metal band from Espoo, Finland. Their music has influences from power metal, folk metal and different styles of extreme metal. Influences from progressive metal can also be heard in some songs.

• No posts here yet
  16. Kalmah

Kalmah is a melodic death metal band from Oulu, Finland that formed in 1998. In less than a year after its formation, Kalmah was signed by Spinefarm Records. The word "kalmah" is Karelian and could be translated as "to the grave" or "to the death."

• No posts here yet
  17. Farmakon

Farmakon is a Finnish progressive death metal band formed in 2001. The band is currently made up of guitarist/vocalist Toni Salminen, vocalist Marko Eskola, and bassist Pekka Kauppila. They have released two studio albums.

• No posts here yet
  18. Evergrey

Evergrey is a progressive metal band from Gothenburg, Sweden. The band was founded in 1995 and released its debut album, The Dark Discovery, in 1998. Their most recent album, Glorious Collision, was released in 2011.

• No posts here yet
  19. Enchant

Enchant is an American progressive rock band, formed in 1989. Their music is characterized by ambitious lyrics and melodies along with harmonic experimentation.

• No posts here yet
  20. Anthrax

Founded by guitarists Scott Ian and Danny Lilker, the band has since released ten studio albums and 20 singles, and an EP featuring Public Enemy. The band was one of the most popular of the 1980s thrash metal scene.

vile are an English thrash metal band from Huddersfield, formed in 2004. The band's debut album, Enter the Grave, was produced by Flemming Rasmussen at Sweet Silence Studios in Copenhagen, Denmark and was released worldwide in 2007 by Earache Records to critical acclaim by fans and critics alike.

Bloodbath is a Swedish death metal supergroup from Stockholm, formed in 1998. The band has released three full-length albums, two EPs and two DVDs depicting their performances at Wacken Open Air and Bloodstock Open Air.

• No posts here yet
  25. The Metal Madman Radio Show

The Metal Madman Radio Show was created in 2006, and now syndicated Worldwide. All the attitude along with the best Hard Rock, and Heavy Metal you'll ever hear! From the insanely obscure to the well known! Showcases, exclusives, premieres, demos, and more! Come get a Madditude Adjustment!

26. Machine Head

Machine Head is an American heavy metal band from Oakland, California. Formed on October 12, 1991, the group was founded by Robb Flynn and Adam Duce. There have been 4 member changes since their inception.

• No posts here yet
  27. Gojira

Gojira is a French metal band from Bayonne. Formed in 1996, the band was known as Godzilla until 2001.

Devin Garret Townsend is a Canadian musician, songwriter and record producer. He was the founder, songwriter, vocalist, and guitarist in extreme metal band Strapping Young Lad from 1994 to 2007 and has had an extensive career as a solo artist.

• No posts here yet
  29. Ayreon

Ayreon's music is mostly heavy metal and progressive rock but combines them with genres like folk, classical and electronica. The majority of Ayreon's albums are dubbed "rock operas" because the albums contain complex storylines featuring a host of characters, usually with each one being represented by a unique vocalist.

Dream Theater is an American progressive metal band formed in 1985 under the name Majesty by John Petrucci, John Myung, and Mike Portnoy while they attended Berklee College of Music in Massachusetts.

Dimmu Borgir is a Norwegian black metal band from Oslo, Norway, formed in 1993. The name is derived from a volcanic formation in Iceland, Dimmuborgir, which means "dark cities" or "dark castles/fortresses" in Icelandic, Faroese and Old Norse.

• No posts here yet
    • No posts here yet
  32. 9
    • No posts here yet
    • No posts here yet
  33. 10

Lord is a heavy metal band from Wollongong, Australia. The group began as a solo project for "Lord Tim" Grose of Dungeon in 2003 and expanded into a complete band when Dungeon broke up in 2005. They have released three albums and an EP to date.

• No posts here yet
  38. Katatonia

Katatonia is a Swedish metal band formed in Stockholm in 1991 by Jonas Renkse (formerly known as Lord Seth) and Anders Nyström (formerly known as Blakkheim). The early Katatonia albums, along with albums by bands such as My Dying Bride, Anathema and Paradise Lost, are sometimes considered forerunners of the death/doom genre.

In Flames is a Swedish metal band from Gothenburg, formed in 1990. Since the band's inception, they have released ten studio albums and one live DVD. As of 2008, In Flames has sold over 2 million records worldwide.

• No posts here yet
  40. Hypocrisy

Hypocrisy is a death metal band from Sweden. It was formed in 1990 in Ludvika, Sweden by Peter Tägtgren. Musically, the band started off with a traditional death metal sound on their early albums, but soon turned into a melodic death metal band.

• No posts here yet
  41. Firewind

Firewind is a Greek heavy metal band. Formed in 1998, the group is currently signed to Century Media Records and was originally a small project created by guitarist, Gus G. to showcase his demo, Nocturnal Symphony in 1998.

Dark Tranquillity is a Swedish melodic death metal band from Gothenburg. They are one of the longest-standing bands from the original Gothenburg metal scene, and are one of the most integral pioneers of the melodic death metal genre of music.

• No posts here yet
  43. Children Of Bodom

Children of Bodom is a Finnish metal band from Espoo. Formed in 1993, the group currently consists of Alexi Laiho, Roope Latvala, Janne Wirman, Henkka Seppälä, and Jaska Raatikainen.

• No posts here yet
  44. Borknagar

Borknagar is a progressive black metal band from Bergen, Norway, founded in 1995 by Øystein Garnes Brun. The band's style combines black metal and folk metal with progressive and melodic elements.

• No posts here yet
  45. Amon Amarth

Amon Amarth is a melodic death metal band from Tumba, Sweden founded in 1992. It takes its name from the Sindarin name of Mount Doom, a volcano in J. R. R. Tolkien′s Middle-earth.

For some time he has been widely regarded as one of the U.K.’s rising stars in the world of Shred & Metal guitar. Now, Andy James has undeniably earned himself a place among the very best in the world.

30 topics in this forum

• 31 replies
  1. Your Ad Here
    Support the forum, get a special badge and promote yourself to thousands of Metal fans. Click the above link to get started!
    • 0 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 2 replies
  2. Draugr

• 0 replies
    • 1 reply
  3. Demether

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 1 reply
  4. Archillusion

• 0 replies
  5. Trollwar Folk Metal

• 0 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 0 replies
  6. Burning The Day

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
  7. Dead Bread

• 3 replies
    • 0 replies
  8. See The Sky

• 0 replies
  9. POLARITY

• 0 replies
Sign in to stalk this  
  • Your Ad Here
    Support the forum, get a special badge and promote yourself to thousands of Metal fans. Click the above link to get started!
  • Our picks

• Black metal is the snow-covered forest at sunset; the full moon glimpsed through jagged trees; the candle that flickers in ghost winds; the indelible emptiness of the lonely human soul that cries out to empty skies.
      • Reputation Points

• I’ve been watching a bunch of nature documentaries recently. Dangerous animals only, for the most part, because I refuse to devote an hour of my life watching turtles mosey around the deep blue. Additionally, I’ve sought out very in-depth material so I can appreciate the animal being analyzed. As a result I’ve been able to watch a decent amount of material closely scrutinizing the habits of predators, and that’s given me a particularly good context for understanding Sadist’s 2015 album “Hyena”.

This album is intended to track the habits of a hyena. Seems a bit on the nose, but bear with me; the album’s style is important. The album takes the listener on a markedly violent safari in an open-top jeep. Feel the wind in your hair, enjoy the natural splendor of the savannah, watch some animals murder and/or eat each other. Bring along some Mango Jive but for goodness sake leave your droewors back at the hut. Musically, as far as the metal goes – it’s a technical death/thrash album with the ferocity of the latter and the substance of the former. The vocals are higher-pitched snarls, characteristic of Sadist and perfect for the concept; in fact the entire production isolates the smooth bass to allow for moodier lines from said instrument.

I’ve always noticed that in the grand sweep of folk metal African music usually gets left out. Makes some sense – I’ve heard quite a lot of traditional African music and it’s way too happy and tropical. Then again, Dan Swano, Skindred and even Equilibrium have managed to make Caribbean music work in metal, so it’s not impossible. The next best thing is something thematically evocative, which is what “Hyena” represents. It’s not perfect; Sadist could have paced out the textures better and deepened the nature sounds, perhaps taking influence from the largely untouchable Russo-Finnish metal masters Second To Sun. That being said, it’s a one-of-a-kind work and Sadist deserves credit for taking their vicious brand of tech-death on a sun-bleached adventure into the wild.
      • Reputation Points

• 0 replies
    • After listening to both albums, I am having difficulty deciding which I think is better.  Both have excellent songs and guitar work, and express the atmosphere of Burzum extremely.  Personally, however, I think that the vocals are delivered better on Filosofem.  Filosofem also has more songs, but the 25 minute synth track is not as good as Tomhet.  What do you all think?
      • 13 replies
    • Post photos of your various collections here! 

Here are three shots of my black metal collection. The first is the whole thing, but i've also included two closer shots that should be clearer when zooming in etc.  

Entire Black Metal CD collection: 

Top half:

Bottom half: 
      • 96 replies
    • On BM scene there are also good worth of attention female vocalists. Some of my fav bands.

1 Astarte - All female black metal band from Greece. In my opinion Tristessa is one of the best female growler.

2 Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult - Onielar and her growls and style are something amazing. Nothing more nothing less. 

3 Gedanken Toten Lebens - Interesting one-woman atmospheric black metal project. Lyrics are about naure, death and philosophy. 

Who is your favourite black metal female vocalist? Do you like these bands? Or maybe you think black metal isn't for women? Let's start the discussion!
      • 14 replies